Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 01:31 PM

252 posts, read 282,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
and west virginia scores !
Kind of reminds me of 63-17, in your house, in 2003. LOL

I'm glad SC fans are finally get a taste of some success after all those winless seasons and missing out on bowl games cuz you couldn't beat Clemson in your last game to get that 6th win. Florida had to hook you up with their coach. But still no SEC titles. LOL, you think you guys would just get lucky one year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 01:52 PM

935 posts, read 1,649,207 times
yeah, except that this was 70-33 in a nationally televised BCS Orange Bowl game. oh wait, west virginia scores !!

Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,611,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoyed3 View Post
lou hotzle was busted for some kind of recruiting violations or academic related scandals with his football program at SC. Those kind of academic scandals are real common at SEC schools which tend to be horrible academically compared to ACC schools.

yeah, those big wins over Tenn, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Miss State by the other ACC schools are so much more impressive compared to wins over Ga Tech or Va Tech or Miami.

SEC is really Alabama's league now, the rest just play in it. UGA, FLA, SC, LSU were all decent last year but all were beatable by other schools. LSU lost to Clemson, UGA didn't even compete at all against SC and I think pretty much every other team at least played with SC last year, a team that almost lost to Wofford at home, Florida got crushed by a big east team in Lousiville. Florida almost got upset by some small school and really a fluke punt or FG block is only reason they won that game. The ACC school problems usually aren't on offense in recent years, it's been on the defensive side of the ball they are lacking, partly b/c the ACC schools have gotten so good at offense with spread type offenses and G TEch's option thing that no other big school does.

Reality is SC played 3 decent teams in SEC last year and lost 2 of them. all their other wins are just empty calories. Given LSU has a horrible QB and Florida's isn't that great either, seems like SC could have one at least one of those games with your awesome defense (CLowney). LOL I bet they blocked CLowney much better than Clemson did which underscores my point about that D. LOL
Again, right off of tigernet. The issues under Holtz are not on the same planet as Clemson. As for academics, the ACC is top heavy as you like to say. The reputation is carried by Duke, UNC, UVA and Ga Tech. Otherwise, you could easily be talking about Mississippi or some other school.

Anyway, as I said, hope living through college football makes your life better. For me, it is fun, otherwise, I have better things to do than brag about a 10 year old game and call it "tradition", which is a different way of saying living in the past. Anyway, for all we know, you may have gone to Alabama, I know the Clemson graduates hope so.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:09 PM

372 posts, read 659,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
yeah, except that this was 70-33 in a nationally televised BCS Orange Bowl game. oh wait, west virginia scores !!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Again, right off of tigernet. The issues under Holtz are not on the same planet as Clemson. As for academics, the ACC is top heavy as you like to say. The reputation is carried by Duke, UNC, UVA and Ga Tech. Otherwise, you could easily be talking about Mississippi or some other school.

Anyway, as I said, hope living through college football makes your life better. For me, it is fun, otherwise, I have better things to do than brag about a 10 year old game and call it "tradition", which is a different way of saying living in the past. Anyway, for all we know, you may have gone to Alabama, I know the Clemson graduates hope so.
SC under hotlze, there was widespread academic cheating. Holtz was probably writing their chemistry tests for them, etc.

I'd say Clemson, Va Tech, Nc State beter than Duke, Wake Forest, UVA and UNC for architecture, engineering science.

FSU and Miami are probably the weakest schools acdemiccally but better than SC and Kentucky and Miss State and Ole Miss and Arkansas and Alabama. LOL

You the one who keeps bringig up blowouts. Clemson scored 30 plus points on that West Virginia team, which probalby had the best offense that year in the country. You going to bring up Clemson blowouts only makes sense we discuss one involving SC. I don't like it anymore than you do. LOL

ALabama probably isn't that bad, I know some smart kids who daddies work at the Research Park in Huntsville go to Alabama for engineering. The kids in Huntsville some of the smartest in the nation. At least Alabama can win some titles though unlike some SEC schools. LOL

Old 07-09-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
SC under hotlze, there was widespread academic cheating. Holtz was probably writing their chemistry tests for them, etc.

I'd say Clemson, Va Tech, Nc State beter than Duke, Wake Forest, UVA and UNC for architecture, engineering science.

FSU and Miami are probably the weakest schools acdemiccally but better than SC and Kentucky and Miss State and Ole Miss and Arkansas and Alabama. LOL

You the one who keeps bringig up blowouts. Clemson scored 30 plus points on that West Virginia team, which probalby had the best offense that year in the country. You going to bring up Clemson blowouts only makes sense we discuss one involving SC. I don't like it anymore than you do. LOL

ALabama probably isn't that bad, I know some smart kids who daddies work at the Research Park in Huntsville go to Alabama for engineering. The kids in Huntsville some of the smartest in the nation. At least Alabama can win some titles though unlike some SEC schools. LOL
Your are funny with your academic theories, wrong but funny.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Your are funny with your academic theories, wrong but funny.
How did you get to be such an expert on the academic superiority of Duke, UNC, UVA vs other schools? Did you attend them all? Or just heard that said by others who read US News and Report.

Pretty sure Clemson, NC State, Va Tech just as good for architecture, engineering, science, business, etc. UNC doesn't even have even offer engineering and architecture and UNC Charlotte is its own school. Duke might have an 1 or 2 engineering degree programs. UVA is ok but generally the kids in Virginia who want to be engineers got to VTech.

Reality is all these schools except UNC is better than SC and most SC schools. Florida is ok.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
How did you get to be such an expert on the academic superiority of Duke, UNC, UVA vs other schools? Did you attend them all? Or just heard that said by others who read US News and Report.

Pretty sure Clemson, NC State, Va Tech just as good for architecture, engineering, science, business, etc. UNC doesn't even have even offer engineering and architecture and UNC Charlotte is its own school. Duke might have an 1 or 2 engineering degree programs. UVA is ok but generally the kids in Virginia who want to be engineers got to VTech.

Reality is all these schools except UNC is better than SC and most SC schools. Florida is ok.
Personally, I don't care what you think of academics at any school, you have not made a legitimate point in this thread so why would academics be any different. To date, you have Clemson better than MIT, Berkeley, UNC, USC, Duke, Wake, UVA, Ga Tech, and others that I am forgetting. Your logic is funny, wrong but funny.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Personally, I don't care what you think of academics at any school, you have not made a legitimate point in this thread so why would academics be any different. To date, you have Clemson better than MIT, Berkeley, UNC, USC, Duke, Wake, UVA, Ga Tech, and others that I am forgetting. Your logic is funny, wrong but funny.
Clemson def. got better engineering and architecture programs than schools who don't offer them like UNC. Never heard anybody talk about Duke, Wake, UNC's awesome engineering/architecture programs. Just liberal arts schools with some business programs. Duke and Wake are ripoffs and so is UNC out of state. Anybody that pays that got more money than sense but these schools know how to shake people down but they selling you some kind of image and they taking that $$$$$ and run.

I'm sure you are an expert on MIT and Berkley with that big bad engineering degree you don't have. What person in SC isn't? LOL I probably know a little more about this topic than you given I went to an engineering school and I can look at their curriculum and see what they are doing similar and different. It would be difficult to dumb down engineering though which seems to be your opinion. Only difference b/c Clemson and the schools you were told are The Best TM is they pay their professors more and they do more research but that doesn't make a difference at the undergrad level where few are doing research or even want to do it. Engineering isn't lab rat stuff for most professional engineers in the workplace.

You can promote these schools for free if tthat is what makes you happy though. I'd want to get paid to do that though. LOL

Old 08-06-2013, 09:39 AM

12,902 posts, read 18,756,320 times
The Garnet Way, USC's new tailgating paradise, has just received three awards - one local, one statewide and one international. And when the parking lot on the corner by the stadium and the former ETV Radio parking lot are landscaped, the whole area, including the State Fair parking and tailgating area, will have been transformed from a sea of parking lots to a sea of trees and grass.

Photo Gallery | Tailgating facility recognized for outstanding redevelopment | USC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area