Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 07:49 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,134,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
This is fun to watch... and I stayed in tonight since I'm sick so please continue!
I can't wait to move it to a sports forum. We can leave clem/usc out of it. Let's see what unbiased sports fans think of this genius' idea.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
I might do that at some point. I won't do it now though. I don't care if anybody doesn't agree with it. I think it is funny you get angry about it. I can't imagine like going out to dinner with you, you just aren't any fun talk to. get a personality, you just seem like this dull guy.
Come on!!!! Why not now? It will take you 2 minutes to post it. There is an NFL and an NCAA forum. Which one are you going to post in?

Old 12-05-2013, 07:54 PM

304 posts, read 266,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Come on!!!! Why not now? It will take you 2 minutes to post it. There is an NFL and an NCAA forum. Which one are you going to post in?
i've already conceded people will disagree with it. this form is full of emotional rednecks like you. You really haven't countered my point on the merits though. it is just "fumbles are part of the game". well yeah, obviously. doesn't mean it has to be though.

I think most people would agree the SC-Clemson game would have been more fun to watch without all the fumbles by Clemson, outside of SC fans who just wanted to win the game. the game was a letdown for me from that standpoint. i don't mind losing, just not like that. just one man's opinion.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
i've already conceded people will disagree with it. this form is full of emotional rednecks like you. You really haven't countered my point on the merits though. it is just "fumbles are part of the game". well yeah, obviously. doesn't mean it has to be though.

I think most people would agree the SC-Clemson game would have been more fun to watch without all the fumbles by Clemson, outside of SC fans who just wanted to win the game. the game was a letdown for me from that standpoint. i don't mind losing, just not like that. just one man's opinion.
The sports forum is national and won't consist of just us rednecks. It would be a fair and unbiased forum for you to test your ideas. I say give it a shot! What have you got to lose? Your dignity?
Well, maybe that's already gone. But give it a shot anyway. Who knows? Maybe there is a contingent of people out there that will side with you and you might get your dignity back?

It's worth a shot!

Old 12-05-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
The sports forum is national and won't consist of just us rednecks. It would be a fair and unbiased forum for you to test your ideas. I say give it a shot! What have you got to lose? Your dignity?
Well, maybe that's already gone. But give it a shot anyway. Who knows? Maybe there is a contingent of people out there that will side with you and you might get your dignity back?

It's worth a shot!
lol a majority of people voted for this dumb Obama guy who can't even oversee the development of a functional website for his dumb healthcare law for which he consistently lied to pitch to voters. So your it is right if majority supports it is a specious argument. I don't see the fumble going away unless people start to see eliminating it is a good way to cut out a lot of the vicious hits that might lead to brain disease in these players later on. I am surprised Bob Costas in on this. lol

I think a lot of sports have dumb rules. Like fouling out in basketball. That costs good teams every year in the tournament. only sport that disqualifies people from competing. free throws already punish teams for fouls.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
lol a majority of people voted for this dumb Obama guy who can't even oversee the development of a functional website for his dumb healthcare law for which he consistently lied to pitch to voters. So your it is right if majority supports it is a specious argument.
Not sure I understand your syntax.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Not sure I understand your syntax.
ok brother. I have humored you longer than I should have. this forum attracts some winners for sure. adios

Old 12-05-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
lol a majority of people voted for this dumb Obama guy who can't even oversee the development of a functional website for his dumb healthcare law for which he consistently lied to pitch to voters. So your it is right if majority supports it is a specious argument. I don't see the fumble going away unless people start to see eliminating it is a good way to cut out a lot of the vicious hits that might lead to brain disease in these players later on. I am surprised Bob Costas in on this. lol

I think a lot of sports have dumb rules. Like fouling out in basketball. That costs good teams every year in the tournament. only sport that disqualifies people from competing. free throws already punish teams for fouls.
I have a serious question. And this is no flame. How old are you? And if you are over 16, how long have you been watching sports? Fouls in basketball are often intentional. Have you ever seen a team losing in the final minutes and using fouls to stop play to conserve clock and force them to throw free throws? Have you ever seen a team come from behind and win by doing this? I have! But it is a strategy. You can't just foul as much as you like. You have to risk losing a player.

Does anyone take you seriously? Or are you just a kid and really don't understand sports very much?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I have a serious question. And this is no flame. How old are you? And if you are over 16, how long have you been watching sports? Fouls in basketball are often intentional. Have you ever seen a team losing in the final minutes and using fouls to stop play to conserve clock and force them to throw free throws? Have you ever seen a team come from behind and win by doing this? I have! But it is a strategy. You can't just foul as much as you like. You have to risk losing a player.

Does anyone take you seriously? Or are you just a kid and really don't understand sports very much?
You can implement other rules to prevent that. You are so rigid in your thinking. You could make it after a certain number of team fouls it is freethrows plus another possesion. this isn't hard.

You are so serious about sports. Just uptight. sports are supposed to be about having fun. You know that right? it just a game.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,410,549 times
Quote:
yeah I don't think I said do away with interceptions , sacks, etc. You say some dumb things, you are consistent with it. Interception is a good play on a free ball. Fumbles is either the guy just dropping it or the defensive team is mugging him/teeing off on him to force it. It is essentially stealing a possession rather than team defense.

In my opinion the fumble by Boyd, that play should have been stopped by referrees b/c he had no where to go but he couldn't get down due to being ganged up on. He has SC player hitting the ball as hard as he can. to me, this cheapens the game.

I've had this view on fumbles forever, it isn't about this one game.
Ever see Jordan Lynch, QB for Northern Illinois? He breaks through tackles like that. That's why they don't call them down. ELITE runners can still gain yards. Boyd isn't an elite runner. But the rules allow him the chance to try....and he tried. And lost.

Your view on fumbles is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area