Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 05:37 PM

334 posts, read 218,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
The black man who was shot did violently resist arrest and try to get the officer's weapon. CRT advocates tend to leave that out and other stories like it. I would never resist arrest because I would expect it likely that something bad would happen to me.

In almost every one of the stories of negative encounterss black people have with cops involves resisting arrest. CRT advocates present these stories as though the person was Rosa Parks.
I watched the video many times and saw the man resisting arrest. Was he wrong? Yes. Did the officer have enough time to comprehend that the suspect was not a threat? Yes. The problem is you want to put the victim on trial as opposed to looking into the real issues just like with George Floyd. Also, I would like to know exactly where you're getting you CRT lessons from since you think it's just a white hate program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 05:37 PM

1,290 posts, read 792,817 times
I don't think it, CRT advocates bash white people all the time. Watch Joy Reid as one example. Her favorite expression is 'whiteness'.

I think that cop shoots a white man in the same situation. You are assuming he did it for racist reasons but you can't know that. I also question if the cops in the George Floyd case wanted to kill him or had a racist motive. That's speculation. You can make a case for negligence but I don't see how you can prove racism or intent to kill. Why would he want to go to jail over that plus there was a crowd of people around them.

The autopsy indicated he had a lethal amount of drugs in his system and the cop did not lean on his airway as the media said. He was having trouble breathing prior to going to the ground. CRT advocates never get the basic facts of cases like this right. The ultimate lesson of George Floyd is don't do drugs but it never gets mentioned.

They said Rittenhouse is a white supremacist but the kid didn't shoot any black person. He shot 3 white criminals who attacked him and pointed a gun at him. He was attacked by a black man as well and he didn't shoot that man. What does racism have to do it? Why do CRT advocates want to associate black people with 3 white criminals. One of them was a pedophile. These were men chasing down a boy with deadly intent. THis case proves CRT advocates make everything about race.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 11-21-2021 at 05:52 PM..

Old 11-21-2021, 06:16 PM

334 posts, read 218,301 times
Quote:
I don't think it, CRT advocates bash white people all the time. Watch Joy Reid as one example. Her favorite expression is 'whiteness'.

I think that cop shoots a white man in the same situation. You are assuming he did it for racist reasons but you can't know that. I also question if the cops in the George Floyd case wanted to kill him or had a racist motive. That's speculation. You can make a case for negligence but I don't see how you can prove racism or intent to kill. Why would he want to go to jail over that plus there was a crowd of people around them.

The autopsy indicated he had a lethal amount of drugs in his system and the cop did not lean on his airway as the media said. He was having trouble breathing prior to going to the ground. CRT advocates never get the basic facts of cases like this right. The ultimate lesson of George Floyd is don't do drugs but it never gets mentioned.

They said Rittenhouse is a white supremacist but the kid didn't shoot any black person. He shot 3 white criminals who attacked him and pointed a gun at him. He was attacked by a black man as well and he didn't shoot that man. What does racism have to do it? Why do CRT advocates want to associate black people with 3 white criminals. One of them was a pedophile. These were men chasing down a boy with deadly intent. THis case proves CRT advocates make everything about race.
Wait, what? So you are saying advocates? Not what CRT actually teaches. If that were the case then you should always align the Right Wing with white nationalists since their groups always align with Republicans? How about let's stick to the topic bud.

George Floyd killed himself is what you're basically saying? If I can remember most people with that theory( which was proven to be false) were saying they couldn't breath while wearing a mask to protect themselves and others during covid. Yeah, I forgot that was about citizen's rights. Floyd could breathe just fine on hot pavement with three men on top of him preventing his lungs from contracting. Clearly you forgot that POC have the right to a fair trial. People saying Rittenhouse was racist had to do with his background and the pictures he was posing for, but his past doesn't convict him like it does others.

Old 11-21-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Cat View Post
Wait, what? So you are saying advocates? Not what CRT actually teaches. If that were the case then you should always align the Right Wing with white nationalists since their groups always align with Republicans? How about let's stick to the topic bud.

George Floyd killed himself is what you're basically saying? If I can remember most people with that theory( which was proven to be false) were saying they couldn't breath while wearing a mask to protect themselves and others during covid. Yeah, I forgot that was about citizen's rights. Floyd could breathe just fine on hot pavement with three men on top of him preventing his lungs from contracting. Clearly you forgot that POC have the right to a fair trial. People saying Rittenhouse was racist had to do with his background and the pictures he was posing for, but his past doesn't convict him like it does others.
When we had segregation and slavery in this country, it was the Democratic Party doing it. You are proving CRT advocates like to call political opponents racist. CRT people seek to link the history of their party with the GOP.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:31 AM

6,830 posts, read 16,601,375 times
Quote:
I was shocked to see a Republican won the mayor race in Columbia. Biden apparently won 70% of the votes in Columbia.
Municipal elections have extremely low turnout.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:32 AM

Quote:
When we had segregation and slavery in this country, it was the Democratic Party doing it. You are proving CRT advocates like to call political opponents racist. CRT people seek to link the history of their party with the GOP.
You know darn well, the pre-1960s southern Democrats are Republicans today.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
How much control does a Mayor (of Columbia) have over CRT... if the ideas is that somehow one candidate or the other would somehow force/stop it from coming into the classroom..I think in most cities in SC.. the answer would be ZERO
Zero is correct; the schools are governed by school boards not the mayor, city council or county council for that matter.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Zero is correct; the schools are governed by school boards not the mayor, city council or county council for that matter.
You seem to be missing the point as to why people vote against CRT advocates. We view CRT as anti-white racism.

I suspect covid policy was a big reason the Republican won as well.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
If this is true, why don't Republican voters view FDR as one of the greatest presidents. FDR won 98% of the vote in SC.

How do you explain Tim Scott.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:34 AM

936 posts, read 1,655,544 times
Quote:
Also know darn well that democrat views were much different in the 60s or earlier than today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area