Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2021, 08:17 PM

161 posts, read 170,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
Banks is getting some hate on this page, in spite of that the reality is that it's been a pretty big success. It's packed almost every weekend and weekdays has steady business all day long. None of the restaurants are my favorite or anything, but they all seem to be doing fine. I've been in there multiple times when they all had long lines, one time so busy ended up just walking up to Nonic.

As for Veri Best's location, parking on Broadway at 8 in the morning, when the hypothetical office worker needs to quickly get in for a couple dozen sugar bombs, is not difficult. Even pre pandemic it wasn't. From that location it will be accessible to the highest number of workers in a mile radius in the city and have a steady rate of pedestrian shoppers. Rumors of its demise are greatly exaggerated.

If we're throwing out long term bets, in 18 months Veri Best will be in business and all of the stalls at Banks will be occupied.
Dude, you must not work downtown. DOZENS of people have commented on Veri Best video complaining about parking at the location. Because it sucks in the morning, 20+ years working downtown at UTC makes me a friggin expert at parking on or near Broadway. I had to frequently commute between my two office locations and know for a fact Broadway morning parking sucks! Not to mention the owners suck at managing social media comments and dealing with negative comments. Great donut makers but clearly bad as making solid business decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 12:50 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,948 times
I live and work downtown, so I'm pretty experienced parking around here too. Under normal office schedule, I drove down that block almost every morning to get to my parking garage and parking spots before 9 are possible and before 8 are close to easy. Dozens of people complain about everything under the sun on Facebook, so I'm gonna take that with a huge grain of salt. I'm sorry that the location isn't convenient for you, but it will be for many more people.

Here's an anecdote of my own, back when Flip Side Doughnuts was a brief thing and right before the pandemic, I parked on Broadway right in front of it two different times during the 8 o'clock hour, was able to run right in there and parking spots were more than half empty from Crown to the CSU building on the corner.

Last edited by JayHey; 05-14-2021 at 12:59 PM..

Old 05-14-2021, 01:01 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
If the product is good, the price fair, and the service pleasant, this location will do just fine! Not all doughnuts are bought between 8-9 in the morning!

Old 05-25-2021, 06:57 AM

3 posts, read 3,610 times
Does anybody know what's going in at Maple Plaza next to Pure Taqueria?

Old 05-25-2021, 07:10 AM

1,406 posts, read 1,855,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassmanDan View Post
Does anybody know what's going in at Maple Plaza next to Pure Taqueria?
I haven't seen any building permits other than the shell of the building - something good like a cleaners probably

Old 05-28-2021, 10:33 AM

463 posts, read 520,275 times
I see Freeman and Associates is going to be the contractor for the Ralston. Anyone seen plans for what they're going to do?

Old 05-28-2021, 10:43 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
I see Freeman and Associates is going to be the contractor for the Ralston. Anyone seen plans for what they're going to do?
Haven’t but that’s great news. Could turn into something nice hopefully.

Old 05-28-2021, 11:05 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
In the mid-60's I had the opportunity to go to the top of the Ralston...as in rooftop. For Columbus in those days, the view was pretty impressive. Today it would be even nicer, ESPECIALLY from a rooftop restaurant and lounge! Hint! Hint!

Old 05-30-2021, 04:46 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,165,732 times
Quote:
The mayor said 3 weeks ago its going to be brought back to life. I'm guessing apartments. So the number of rooms will go down.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:04 AM

1,406 posts, read 1,855,250 times
Brand new extended stay brand StayAPT is building a location off North Lake Parkway next to the Hampton Inn.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA