Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2021, 02:06 PM

1,406 posts, read 1,856,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
That's good news! Meanwhile, I'm amazed that the Banks Food Hall website is still showing Stalls 4 and 8 "Open!"
No surprised. I would consider the project a dud. I really hope when the current stalls leave they can hire someone that can attract some concepts from out of town; possibly after Highside Market is shown to be a success with attracting quality tenants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2021, 02:49 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,167,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
Veri best donuts headed to the old flip side burgers space downtown!

it was obvious!

Old 05-12-2021, 03:33 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,657,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
No surprised. I would consider the project a dud. I really hope when the current stalls leave they can hire someone that can attract some concepts from out of town; possibly after Highside Market is shown to be a success with attracting quality tenants.
I think the tenant mix is good. The hot dog place out of Atlanta is great. Other options are good too. Still room for improvement.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:08 PM

161 posts, read 170,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
I don't really agree with that narrative. Parking on Broadway in the early mornings is typically wide open, nothing else even really opens until about 10 am, besides the coffee shops. And Broadway is smack dab in the center of the highest density of office workers around. Plus it has a high number of daytime shoppers walking around. Veri best was already previously on a high traffic corridor road and closed down from lack of business.
You don’t have to agree with the narrative but I worked in UTC for a very long time and parking is full before the pandemic. That’s why the city started enforcing parking time. They will be closed in 18 months or less.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:06 PM

43 posts, read 39,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
I think the tenant mix is good. The hot dog place out of Atlanta is great. Other options are good too. Still room for improvement.
The food in Banks is mediocre and overpriced. Also if the hotdog establishment taste anything like their Milgen road location then it’s garbage.

Old 05-13-2021, 01:03 PM

1,054 posts, read 882,472 times
Banks is getting some hate on this page, in spite of that the reality is that it's been a pretty big success. It's packed almost every weekend and weekdays has steady business all day long. None of the restaurants are my favorite or anything, but they all seem to be doing fine. I've been in there multiple times when they all had long lines, one time so busy ended up just walking up to Nonic.

As for Veri Best's location, parking on Broadway at 8 in the morning, when the hypothetical office worker needs to quickly get in for a couple dozen sugar bombs, is not difficult. Even pre pandemic it wasn't. From that location it will be accessible to the highest number of workers in a mile radius in the city and have a steady rate of pedestrian shoppers. Rumors of its demise are greatly exaggerated.

If we're throwing out long term bets, in 18 months Veri Best will be in business and all of the stalls at Banks will be occupied.

Old 05-13-2021, 01:40 PM

1,406 posts, read 1,856,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
Banks is getting some hate on this page, in spite of that the reality is that it's been a pretty big success. It's packed almost every weekend and weekdays has steady business all day long. None of the restaurants are my favorite or anything, but they all seem to be doing fine. I've been in there multiple times when they all had long lines, one time so busy ended up just walking up to Nonic.

As for Veri Best's location, parking on Broadway at 8 in the morning, when the hypothetical office worker needs to quickly get in for a couple dozen sugar bombs, is not difficult. Even pre pandemic it wasn't. From that location it will be accessible to the highest number of workers in a mile radius in the city and have a steady rate of pedestrian shoppers. Rumors of its demise are greatly exaggerated.

If we're throwing out long term bets, in 18 months Veri Best will be in business and all of the stalls at Banks will be occupied.
Maybe I could of worded better? Does Banks fill a void? Absolutely. Accessible food near the River attractions, but as someone that lives in Columbus there isn't a single resturant that is innovated, that would get me up off my couch to go eat at. That's what Columbus truly needs in a food hall (Ponce, Krog, et al). I'm hopeful that Highside Market will fill this void.

Old 05-13-2021, 02:03 PM

463 posts, read 520,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
Maybe I could of worded better? Does Banks fill a void? Absolutely. Accessible food near the River attractions, but as someone that lives in Columbus there isn't a single resturant that is innovated, that would get me up off my couch to go eat at. That's what Columbus truly needs in a food hall (Ponce, Krog, et al). I'm hopeful that Highside Market will fill this void.
I think Banks is great for right now. I think they were aiming for the family friendly atmosphere which I think they have achieved. Highside Market will be more of what you’re looking for I think. I’m still happy that banks is here. It was a step in the right direction.

Old 05-13-2021, 05:24 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times
Banks' great location will be it's strength and key to long-term success. It will be up to each vendor there to attract its own customers based on good food quality, decent prices, and friendly service. Without those things, the great location won't matter.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:05 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,167,235 times
Cheers to the company with deep pockets. For single handily changing the culture of downtown with banks foods hall and riverfront place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA