Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 07:39 AM

463 posts, read 520,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
Windows are going in at Old YMCA building this morning.
AC Hotel opens tomorrow
I assumed the YMCA was going to be lofts but at council they said it was going to be offices! Going to be nice either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 08:52 AM

1,406 posts, read 1,857,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
I assumed the YMCA was going to be lofts but at council they said it was going to be offices! Going to be nice either way.
You're right - I didn't even catch that in the Uptown Columbus presentation.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:56 PM

463 posts, read 520,738 times
Can anyone clarify what is happening next to Country's on Broadway? I know wc Bradley is building the parking deck and grocery store on front but the area directly next to country's is also fenced off. Is something else going there?

Old 04-09-2021, 05:41 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,657,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
Can anyone clarify what is happening next to Country's on Broadway? I know wc Bradley is building the parking deck and grocery store on front but the area directly next to country's is also fenced off. Is something else going there?
New office building they have planned more than likely.

Old 04-09-2021, 09:11 AM

1,054 posts, read 882,821 times
The north half of the block is the retail and office building, that's the part next to Country's.

The south half of the block is another residential building and it will run both along Front and Broadway.

About the YMCA building, I was kind of surprised to find out it was going to be office space instead of residential. Seems like downtown has tons of available office space whereas residential seems to be in higher and higher demand.

Old 04-09-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
The north half of the block is the retail and office building, that's the part next to Country's.

The south half of the block is another residential building and it will run both along Front and Broadway.

About the YMCA building, I was kind of surprised to find out it was going to be office space instead of residential. Seems like downtown has tons of available office space whereas residential seems to be in higher and higher demand.
Yeah me too. My understand is the photo here is the part closest to Hotel Indigo, the other side is residenital, but the part you're talking about closest to Nonic, I believe will be upper floors of residental which will have street level retail.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:47 PM

Fetch Park is opening their 2nd location in Columbus next to the old UNEEDA Glass building that Chris Woodruff is re-developing.

https://fetchpark.com/

Old 04-09-2021, 03:13 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,168,560 times
Quote:
Fetch Park is opening their 2nd location in Columbus next to the old UNEEDA Glass building that Chris Woodruff is re-developing.

Downtown booming with projects!

Old 04-09-2021, 03:53 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,168,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post

Quote:
About the YMCA building, I was kind of surprised to find out it was going to be office space instead of residential.
Lack of parking being the reason.

Old 04-09-2021, 04:10 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,657,720 times
Quote:

That’s a nice snag out of Atlanta. Seems like a lot of Atlanta companies are opening up shop and taking notice here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA