Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2023, 04:07 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,160,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheCity View Post
Nice!!! This area and Broadway will be known as “City Center”. It’s something hotel listing sites include when scrolling through hotel rooms available. Basically letting you know this hotel is in walking distance to pretty much restaurants, shops, entertainment, etc. And I know a developer at this point has looked at the opportunity of developing that Wells Fargo parking lot, like have to have had that conversation with them. That’s just too much space sitting there unoccupied even with the small number of cars that park there.
Greystone properties own the well fargo lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2023, 04:28 PM

309 posts, read 257,547 times
Quote:
The pharmacy definitely! Yes, the Publix below the office building will have a pharmacy, but if developers can transform that Wells Fargo building and parking lot into something useful, I can see a CVS Pharmacy occupying the existing building but renovated of course. That all red logo will look good on that brick building for sure lol!!
Has Publix been officially confirmed yet as the grocer? What's the square footage for the grocery space?

(Granted, I can't think of which other grocer it could be. I don't foresee a new grocer entering the market by opening their first store downtown as part of a high rise.)

Old 03-13-2023, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASwift View Post
Has Publix been officially confirmed yet as the grocer? What's the square footage for the grocery space?

(Granted, I can't think of which other grocer it could be. I don't foresee a new grocer entering the market by opening their first store downtown as part of a high rise.)
https://www.wtvm.com/video/2023/03/0...town-columbus/

Old 03-13-2023, 04:40 PM

Grocery store confirmed!

https://www.wtvm.com/video/2023/03/0...town-columbus/

Old 03-13-2023, 06:49 PM

175 posts, read 128,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASwift View Post

I don’t see it being nobody else but Publix, the only other grocer in Columbus who could pull off that location is Aldi if I had to guess.

Old 03-13-2023, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I don’t see it being nobody else but Publix, the only other grocer in Columbus who could pull off that location is Aldi if I had to guess.
The floor size is closer to Aldi than Publix.

Old 03-14-2023, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
The floor size is closer to Aldi than Publix.
Lol, it probably will be Aldi signing that lease. With Publix expanding to multiple locations at once, it would make since for Aldi to want to keep up with the competition a bit.

That downtown location will definitely make their name ring bells.

Old 03-14-2023, 07:59 AM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,991 times
Quote:
Lol, it probably will be Aldi signing that lease. With Publix expanding to multiple locations at once, it would make since for Aldi to want to keep up with the competition a bit.

That downtown location will definitely make their name ring bells.
Lidl would be much better than Aldi and would do very well in the Columbus market but, like Aldi, it has no pharmacy. Publix would provide a much-needed downtown pharmacy. Thus, my money is on Publix for that location. Kroger would be another great option and would also do well in Columbus!

Old 03-14-2023, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Lidl would be much better than Aldi and would do very well in the Columbus market but, like Aldi, it has no pharmacy. Publix would provide a much-needed downtown pharmacy. Thus, my money is on Publix for that location. Kroger would be another great option and would also do well in Columbus!
Oh yeah Kroger and Publix can go toe for toe. Both are top tier grocery stores!

Kind of like how Circle K is the RaceTrac when it comes to Columbus (the nicest Circle K here btw is that Manchester/2nd Ave location). They all need to look like that.

Old 03-14-2023, 10:51 AM

309 posts, read 257,547 times
Does anyone know how much space is allocated to the grocery store? Publix's smallest prototype is 28k sqft. Publix also has built a few urban/downtown locations as part of a high-rise, although most of those have been in larger cities.

From talking with a few developers, Publix has a reputation for being very "particular" when working with developers about building new stores. That may explain the delay in officially announcing the store as Publix (and changing the "Grocery" sign in the rendering from green to red.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA