Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2023, 09:16 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,536,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheCity View Post
Oh wow, that’s good then! I guess it’s just hard to tell from the current rendering. I wish we could really see them side by side lol.

Have you heard any news (rumors) on Tsys getting rid of their headquarters and relocating else where downtown? Rumor has it that they are planning to sale and that current location will pretty much get demolished to make way for future mixed used high density developments?
Yes someone sat in the meeting last year where they confirmed the Office will be 186 feet 14 stories....
I would say the next question is (were the renderings altered?? because there are only 2 underground floors and 11 floors above ground--- its not adding up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2023, 12:05 PM

1,406 posts, read 1,858,934 times
Quote:
Oh wow, that’s good then! I guess it’s just hard to tell from the current rendering. I wish we could really see them side by side lol.

Have you heard any news (rumors) on Tsys getting rid of their headquarters and relocating else where downtown? Rumor has it that they are planning to sale and that current location will pretty much get demolished to make way for future mixed used high density developments?
They just went back into the office yesterday full time - my understanding was that they didn't have enough room for everyone with all they'd hired working from home during COVID. I wouldn't see them moving anywhere in Columbus. If they leave that building, they would most likely be leaving Columbus or downsizing the Columbus footprint. They don't even list Columbus has co-headquarters on their website like they originally stated with merger.

Old 01-18-2023, 12:47 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,169,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
They just went back into the office yesterday full time - my understanding was that they didn't have enough room for everyone with all they'd hired working from home during COVID. I wouldn't see them moving anywhere in Columbus. If they leave that building, they would most likely be leaving Columbus or downsizing the Columbus footprint. They don't even list Columbus has co-headquarters on their website like they originally stated with merger.
They tried selling the river front campus multiple times.

Old 01-18-2023, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Kid View Post
Yes someone sat in the meeting last year where they confirmed the Office will be 186 feet 14 stories....
I would say the next question is (were the renderings altered?? because there are only 2 underground floors and 11 floors above ground--- its not adding up.
It's a 3 level parking garage.

Old 01-18-2023, 02:48 PM

176 posts, read 130,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Kid View Post
Right, I was thinking the same thing. Because honestly speaking the 1st two floors are pretty much the grocery store (high ceilings of course like a normal grocery store). And then the rest is strictly commercial office space I presume? So yeah you’re right, that adds up to 11 floors total since the grocery takes up 2 floors. The government center is taller than 11 floors above ground right?

Old 01-19-2023, 08:05 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,536,050 times
Quote:
Right, I was thinking the same thing. Because honestly speaking the 1st two floors are pretty much the grocery store (high ceilings of course like a normal grocery store). And then the rest is strictly commercial office space I presume? So yeah you’re right, that adds up to 11 floors total since the grocery takes up 2 floors. The government center is taller than 11 floors above ground right?
Yes but it is said to be roughly 160 feet tall and some sources say its 230 feet
So I'm not really sure...

Old 01-19-2023, 11:59 AM

215 posts, read 221,002 times
Tsys is not selling the Riverfront Campus. There were talks to renting out floors to other companies but there has been a mandate for everyone working from home to return to work so that is not happens. There is alot of rumors that have been spreading around. I suggest take a wait and see approach. The South Center next to the Public Saftey building has been sold to the city. A building at corporate ridge has been vacated. I think if they were able to restore 1st ave to a complete street and turn the surface area parking into a parking deck then there would be space to develop a new office building.

The government center is 14 stories. The top 7 stories are court rooms with take up 2 floors. I think the new synovus building will be a tad bit smaller.

Old 02-05-2023, 10:53 AM

Old 02-07-2023, 08:25 AM

This is a link of the current heights of the buildings in Columbus. It has not been updated as much as bigger cities.

https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=234

https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=99983020

Old 02-07-2023, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post

The elevator shaft for the residential building is finished, so that's basically the height of that building. Currently the office building is on the 5th floor so there is 6 more floors to good. Its going to be a significant presence in our skyline!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA