Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 12:10 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus76 View Post
I can't believe the CBJ beat Ottawa given a) the Sens were still fighting for a wild card spot; and b) the CBJ lineup looked like something the Monsters would ice in a mid-season game against Grand Rapids. You don't want players to tank (they'd be a cancer in the locker room), but losing out on a chance to draft Bedard or Fantilli would stink. Something that's impressed me all season is the attendance as the Jackets currently average 16,717, which is ahead of 8 teams, and just behind the Kings and Islanders. Ohio sports fans are truly some of the best.
I was at the game Sunday, we had a great time. We got the family pack tickets which featured an open skate at the Ice Haus before the game (with Stinger - big hit with the kid), free meal with each ticket, and a ticket for future free open skate at any Chiller. Had a great time. The attendance was good- we were upper bowl, which definintely had some empty seats but not as many as you'd expect for such a bad year. The energy wasn't really there, to be expected, but at the same time people definintely were excited to tie it up and win in overtime. Good game to end my personal CBJ year on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2023, 08:36 PM

7,077 posts, read 8,937,659 times
The Blue Jackets are about to become a team that no free agent will want to sign with again. As if John Tortorella was not toxic enough Mike Babcock is expected to be named head coach. What he did to Mike Modano may have been the most classless act in NHL history.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...orts-1.6864961

Old 06-28-2023, 07:20 PM

Draft has begun, Adam Fantilli #3 overall going to the Blue Jackets, U of Michigan kid playing in a OSU city.

Old 07-05-2023, 02:22 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,144,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
The Blue Jackets are about to become a team that no free agent will want to sign with again. As if John Tortorella was not toxic enough Mike Babcock is expected to be named head coach. What he did to Mike Modano may have been the most classless act in NHL history.

They're losers. They are pathetic. I don't care if they hire Attila the Hun as the next coach, they just have to win something for once. They need to have some kind of breakthrough.

Old 07-13-2023, 08:48 AM

If anyone has free Tuesday afternoons, would be cool to check out the new Elite League

https://www.nbc4i.com/sports/blue-ja...Ai4HFYkiP460lw

Old 07-13-2023, 09:30 AM

212 posts, read 198,914 times
Quote:
Draft has begun, Adam Fantilli #3 overall going to the Blue Jackets, U of Michigan kid playing in a OSU city.
I believe this makes 4 Wolverines on the team?

Old 07-13-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:

He's saying all the correct things about personal growth in his time away from the NHL and being around college kids. He's still a great coach and I think perfect for what this Blue Jackets team needs.

Old 07-13-2023, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
If anyone has free Tuesday afternoons, would be cool to check out the new Elite League

https://www.nbc4i.com/sports/blue-ja...Ai4HFYkiP460lw
Very cool. The hockey culture here is really growing, and it's awesome to see. Blue Jackets just have to build on this like OSU (especially women's) has.

Old 07-13-2023, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Father_McKenzie View Post
Very cool. The hockey culture here is really growing, and it's awesome to see. Blue Jackets just have to build on this like OSU (especially women's) has.
If CBJ could go on a deep playoff run, could put people over the edge and really embrace hockey. In the meantime, I am just happy we have Chiller North, Dublin, and Easton all open through the summer. Have been enjoying the summer men's league. They have 5 skill divisions going even, that's a pretty good amount of hockey going on every day.

Old 09-17-2023, 03:38 PM

Mike Babcock has already resigned probably related to a scandal regarding going through players photos on their phones which was reported by Paul Bissonette on the Spittin’ Chicklets podcast although Boone Jenner said that it was overblown and Babs was just interested in seeing family pictures. Pascal Vincent to take over as head coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: