Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 07:44 AM

3,886 posts, read 3,521,500 times

Advertisements

The only problem with using tables is if you don't want the table borders to print. You can modify and even delete the border lines. Maybe you want them thicker? Maybe you want them colorful? Settings to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 10:19 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,083,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Here is Word document and I inserted two tables and used the mouse to drag them lower. I used Irfanview to change the dimensions of my image to 3.75 by 4.00. I think I had the height and width backwards because as you can see I had to drag the left and right lines out to accommodate the image leaving very little border. I simply copy pasted the image into the table.
Okay thanks. But why does their have to be tables in a word document? Isn't a word document already formatted with the margins in place for the printer to being with, and therefore, no tables are necessary, and I can just copy and paste them in without tables?

Old 07-03-2017, 10:42 AM

14,516 posts, read 20,738,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay thanks. But why does their have to be tables in a word document? Isn't a word document already formatted with the margins in place for the printer to being with, and therefore, no tables are necessary, and I can just copy and paste them in without tables?
Yes you can copy paste images to Word (or insert to Word).
Here I have used one table. I used my mouse to drag the bottom line close to the bottom of the page. I copy pasted the image and it was 4.0 wide and 3.75 high which should be the size of your labels?
Then I copy pasted a second one just like it. As you see with the yellow arrow there is my cursor and I can move the second image up and down using the space bar and get it where I want it. I can also move it further to the right.
You can practice with plain paper after drawing a 4.0 x 3.75 (or 3.75 x 4.0) rectangle on the paper and copy paste what goes on your labels and print and see how close they are to being in the hand drawn rectangles.
Then adjust as needed. You can adjust the first copy paste using the space bar and move it left or right as needed.
Attached Thumbnails
How can I get my printer, to print in actual size, if that makes sense?-untitledzxc.png  

Old 07-03-2017, 11:09 AM

2,336 posts, read 2,586,859 times
Here's a word doc with the image sized and then copied 3 more times. This only takes a couple of minutes to do.
Attached Thumbnails
How can I get my printer, to print in actual size, if that makes sense?-untitled1.jpg  

Old 07-03-2017, 12:54 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,083,515 times
Okay thanks. Is there any reason why it is 1275 x1650? Is that to get the right size?

Old 07-03-2017, 01:45 PM

14,516 posts, read 20,738,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay thanks. Is there any reason why it is 1275 x1650? Is that to get the right size?
Look here and if you download Irfanview which is a free program you can change pixels to inches since your desire is 3.75 x 4.0 inches. Take the check mark out of the box that says preserve ratio and it lets you set each side to the number of inches you desire.
Attached Thumbnails
How can I get my printer, to print in actual size, if that makes sense?-untitledz.jpg  

Old 07-03-2017, 01:50 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,974,650 times
Did you solve the problem? If not, I can push your images into Adobe Illustrator, which is the software you should be using, and format the document for you.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Did you solve the problem? If not, I can push your images into Adobe Illustrator, which is the software you should be using, and format the document for you.
Let me disagree. Illustrator is a vector graphics editor which is intended for graphics creation and graphics, not for existing bit-mapped images like photos. I don't think the OP ever said anything about scratch design. Of course, if someone else does the work....

Old 07-03-2017, 02:14 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,974,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
Let me disagree. Illustrator is a vector graphics editor which is intended for graphics creation and graphics, not for existing bit-mapped images like photos. I don't think the OP ever said anything about scratch design. Of course, if someone else does the work....
I typically use a combination of photoshop and illustrator when designing graphics, but I push print quality CMYK files out with Illustrator using 600 dpi.

For example, last week I designed a bookmark. I built the logo with illustrator, exported it as a png. That png could have been designed in Photoshop, but because it was primary shapes I used Illustrator. I then placed the png file in a new illustrator file, added text, and then exported as pdf print file. Illustrator also allows me to manage the bleed zone.

Last edited by Lieneke; 07-03-2017 at 02:25 PM..

Old 07-03-2017, 04:25 PM

Why would you use both a bit-mapped editor and a vector editor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers