Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 12:44 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post

What's the problem? Just because a job didn't work out for me doesn't mean it won't work out for someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Please disregard what he posts. Read my post about actual commute times, also the CIGNA campus is less than 3,000 now. Many people work remotely these days....Many people who work there live in the Gillette Ridge complex and others who look for more affordable alternatives commute in from Manchester - about 20-25 minutes away.

At this point I am bowing out of this thread because its become a waste of my time to try to correct what one newbie continues to post. If the OP has any questions about CIGNA or commuting, or complexes, feel free to send me a direct message. Good luck.
That's very rude, to tell someone to disregard my posts. As if you have the word of authority. The fact of the matter is that what I said is true. There have been a handful of college student breaches of peace at that complex, and the traffic on 218 is very hectic. I hope the topic creator sees through this.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
What's the problem? Just because a job didn't work out for me doesn't mean it won't work out for someone else.
You posted that you didn't like your colleagues at Cigna, and that you were happier where you were currently located. Then, you posted that you were not actually employed at this time. It's a little confusing trying to follow your posts.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
You posted that you didn't like your colleagues at Cigna, and that you were happier where you were currently located. Then, you posted that you were not actually employed at this time. It's a little confusing trying to follow your posts.
  • I didn't like the people or culture at CIGNA.
  • I am much happier where I am now, and the people appreciate my work and I'm getting paid more.
  • I was unemployed between December and April. (Laid off from CIGNA as of Dec; started new job in Apr).
What's the confusion?

Old 07-08-2010, 02:53 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Please lets try to keep this thread civil. I do not want to have to close it down. The OP has asked for information and opinions and everyone is entitled to theirs. If you disagree, you can say so but don't cross the line and start a war over that difference. Thank you, JayCT, Moderator

Old 08-07-2010, 04:11 PM

16 posts, read 46,093 times
Default Help with Apartment search

Hi again. So I am finally in CT now. Drove all the way from Indianapolis which was kind of tiring. But am glad to be here.

First impression about CT - this place is BEAUTIFUL. I see a lot of greenery here something I missed in Indiana. This place definitely feels home-like. Also everyone here drives 15 miles above the speed limit. Does anyone care about cops here

Currently staying in a Vernon. I did some apartment hunting. And liked the following apartments. I would like to have the experts help me narrow down to the best choice. This is in order of my preference:

a) The Mansions at Hockanum Crossing Apartments, Vernon - 2 BHK for $1300
b) The Mansions at Canyon Ridge, East Windsor - 2 BHK for $1250 (Specials)
c) Aspen Woods, Manchester - 2 BHK for $1250 (Specials)
d) The Pavilions, Manchester - 2 BHK for $1000 (Specials)

Things I would like to consider is an easy commute to the CIGNA office in Bloomfield, Safety area-wise and good pre-school for my daughter (she is 30 months old). If anyone has any first hand experience with any of this apartments, then I would appreciate their feedback.

Also if anyone would like to suggest apartments other than this, then please let me know.

Thanks in advance !!

Old 08-07-2010, 05:17 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saliliscool View Post
Also everyone here drives 15 miles above the speed limit. Does anyone care about cops here
Welcome to CT!

The "cushion" on the highways is generally 15, city streets usually have a cushion of 10mph.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:09 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saliliscool View Post
Hi again. So I am finally in CT now. Drove all the way from Indianapolis which was kind of tiring. But am glad to be here.

First impression about CT - this place is BEAUTIFUL. I see a lot of greenery here something I missed in Indiana. This place definitely feels home-like. Also everyone here drives 15 miles above the speed limit. Does anyone care about cops here

Currently staying in a Vernon. I did some apartment hunting. And liked the following apartments. I would like to have the experts help me narrow down to the best choice. This is in order of my preference:

a) The Mansions at Hockanum Crossing Apartments, Vernon - 2 BHK for $1300
b) The Mansions at Canyon Ridge, East Windsor - 2 BHK for $1250 (Specials)
c) Aspen Woods, Manchester - 2 BHK for $1250 (Specials)
d) The Pavilions, Manchester - 2 BHK for $1000 (Specials)

Things I would like to consider is an easy commute to the CIGNA office in Bloomfield, Safety area-wise and good pre-school for my daughter (she is 30 months old). If anyone has any first hand experience with any of this apartments, then I would appreciate their feedback.

Also if anyone would like to suggest apartments other than this, then please let me know.

Thanks in advance !!
All of these complexes are east of the river which means you will have to commute a bit to get to work. The two Manchester complexes are in the middle of Buckland Hills and surrounded by a LOT of shopping. Some people like this but I find that there is too much traffic. I am not familar with the East Windsor complex but the Mansions at Hockanum Crossing are very nice. I hear good things about them. They would also be the furthest from you job. Have you checked out Gillette Ridge in Bloomfield? Jay

Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 PM

16 posts, read 46,093 times
Thanks Jay for the reply. I really liked the Mansions at Hockanum Crossing. Will the commute from there to Bloomfield a concern. Is the traffic really bad ?

I did check the Gillette Ridge in Bloomfield. They are nice but priced a lot higher ($1600+). They are not a big bang for my buck.

Any other suggestions are welcome !!

Old 08-08-2010, 10:25 AM

6,134 posts, read 5,103,250 times
I would not worry too much about the commute, you can get on 291 to 218. If east of the river is really a concern, you might want to check out Newington? There might be some affordable apartment complexes there, but there's no "quick" way to get to Bloomfield either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut