Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 09:19 AM

6,921 posts, read 3,757,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
The woodstove was the first thing we purchased when we bought in 2007, Blower came in 2009, I didn't want any of it, Boss Lady did, you know how that goes. A few have suggested whitewash, we were considering selling (before everything fell apart), and didn't want to make changes that would be permanent, or hard to reverse, that buyers may not like. If we were to make changes, it would likely be Stone Veneer, and a Barn Beam Mantle
That looks very cozy, very CT.
Stone veneer and mantle is the way to go. The white washing trend has passed it's shelf life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2023, 07:11 AM

845 posts, read 509,762 times
Switched the mini-splits from AC mode to heat mode. I've been turning them in the morning to take the chill out and putting the one on in my daughter's room to keep it from dropping too cold overnight. Otherwise, she winds up waking up and crawling in bed with us.

Old 11-01-2023, 05:04 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,383,576 times
Been firing up the woodstove these past few days. I start off with a few pieces of kindling, 3 pieces of newspaper and a few splits. I just checked my main storage of kindling, scraps from splitting, Boss Lady has been hitting it pretty hard, storage already 25% gone . She must be using handfuls of this stuff, despite me teller her to calm it down......should I pad lock it ?.....once we're out, we are out, I'm not going to sit in the garage with ax and try to create more...this is BS !. Rant over, you may continue your day

Old 11-02-2023, 05:02 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,198,142 times
Quote:
Been firing up the woodstove these past few days. I start off with a few pieces of kindling, 3 pieces of newspaper and a few splits. I just checked my main storage of kindling, scraps from splitting, Boss Lady has been hitting it pretty hard, storage already 25% gone . She must be using handfuls of this stuff, despite me teller her to calm it down......should I pad lock it ?.....once we're out, we are out, I'm not going to sit in the garage with ax and try to create more...this is BS !. Rant over, you may continue your day
You could collect fallen dry branches on your walks as kindling?

Old 11-04-2023, 06:11 PM

83,540 posts, read 75,373,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
You could collect fallen dry branches on your walks as kindling?
I used to do that. Kinda enjoyed it.

Quote:
Oh man sorry to hear. Might have to just buy some if you cant make more.

This is my kindling setup. Axe strapped on a log then I take a hammer. Fun sitting down with snow and making kindling outside. :-)

But heres my stock, I think Im good for this winter. Lol

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut