Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:25 PM

6 posts, read 8,551 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have to move to south windsor, CT for a job that i just accepted. I am presently living in Canada and will be moving there at the end of next month.

I was wondering if anyone can direct me to find the bus routes within the city and an apartment for rent website.

I am just worried about my 14 months old daughter as i am trying to make the transition as smooth as possible for her.

Thanks
Arif
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 01:14 PM

is there any bus routes....in a sense...you can use that to go to your office....i am looking for a website where they might have mentioned all the routes and times for the local buses within south windsor....

Old 08-19-2011, 03:41 PM

352 posts, read 781,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arif1996 View Post
is there any bus routes....in a sense...you can use that to go to your office....i am looking for a website where they might have mentioned all the routes and times for the local buses within south windsor....
Try this: www.cttransit.com

Old 08-19-2011, 08:53 PM

thanks a lot...i will go through it....

Old 08-20-2011, 08:10 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,281,046 times
I used to live in South Windsor and didn't recall a bus system. I would suggest looking for an apartment complex near your place of work. I got this off of a town website.

South Windsor is a very car-oriented town. This is because most people -97.70% - drive by car to work every day, and few people choose alternative modes of transportation, such as public transit, cycling, or walking. In general, car-oriented communities have a layout that emphasizes streets, highways, and ease of parking, and sometimes this can be to the detriment of human-scale priorities such as walkability alongside roads, and public spaces. For example, strip malls are something you will find in South Windsor.

South Windsor is a small town, and as such doesn't have a public transit system that people use to get to and from their jobs every day.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 AM

i have dry eyes issue and i stopped driving a car due to the involvement of risk....it made my life so difficult that i wouldn't be able to explain...anyway....thanks a lot for your email...my working place would be 195 Governer's Highway, UTC Power...may be i will find a colleague to pick me up everyday but for now...do you have any suggestion where would be a best place to live...i am not thinking much about the money and would like to have a 1 bedroom apartment....if i have anything in a 15/20 minutes walk...that should be fine too....or if one way taxi cost me 15 dollars....most likely i should be able to consider that too...

any suggestions.....

Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
There is a bus system in South windsor but its not like Hartford. I know there is a bus stop right in front of my condos on ellington road. As far as apartments go, im not aware of any large apartment complexes in south windsor. You would be better off looking 1 town over in manchester.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:09 AM

thanks a lot......i have found the bus routes and now looking for a condo or apt to rent....just trying to make an optimize solution....

Old 08-22-2011, 08:20 AM

sorry to bother you with so many questions....but would you mind to let me know...were you renting a condo....can you remember the exact location of your condo....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut