Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2017, 10:47 AM

21,748 posts, read 28,070,632 times

Advertisements

Not directly development related, but a fun little video by a New Haven band that was filmed in many locations across the city. Tons of new businesses that didn't exist at the beginning of this thread take up a majority of the shots. Very cool to see how far the city has come.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 01:05 PM

14,053 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Not directly development related, but a fun little video by a New Haven band that was filmed in many locations across the city. Tons of new businesses that didn't exist at the beginning of this thread take up a majority of the shots. Very cool to see how far the city has come.

Sure love New Haven lol they do have nice bar and music scene. I like pizzas also Yale art gallery

Old 12-22-2017, 02:05 PM

5 posts, read 3,852 times
New Haven alders approve latest Yale development, city teachers contract - New Haven Register

can we post facebook links? Some video of the hotel being built on crown street

https://www.facebook.com/MG-Comercia...9744617104551/

Old 01-03-2018, 01:20 PM

“In short, New Haven is becoming the next Stamford. With soul. And skipping over Bridgeport.”

“One of the things that probably advantages us right now is the fact that Bridgeport has not really turned the corner yet and is not developing as the next place in line for the New York area. We are getting the benefit of that.”

2018: Hotels Rising; Not At Coliseum Site | New Haven Independent

Old 01-03-2018, 03:07 PM

34,926 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
“In short, New Haven is becoming the next Stamford. With soul. And skipping over Bridgeport.”

“One of the things that probably advantages us right now is the fact that Bridgeport has not really turned the corner yet and is not developing as the next place in line for the New York area. We are getting the benefit of that.”

2018: Hotels Rising; Not At Coliseum Site | New Haven Independent
I am not surprised that the New Haven Coliseum project is still not moving forward. I have serious reservations about Live Work Learn Play's (LWLP) ability to bring the project to fruition. It is an enormous project and their experience in one of such size is limited.

I also believe the city's plan to reconnect South Orange Street is a big mistake. It is going to create a nightmare traffic condition at a monster intersection at the end of Route 34 with multiple roads all coming together there. The original plans for Downtown Crossing did not have this and served the city's traffic needs much better. What pedestrian is going to want to cross multiple lanes of traffic in both directions to get to Union Station when they can walk under a bridge at Union Avenue one block away. LWLP insisted that the at grade intersection was necessary to get a hotel at the coliseum site. That project is moving forward but still no hotel. I think the interviewer had every right to question this so adamantly. Jay

Old 01-03-2018, 03:45 PM

Apparently LWLP does have Hyatt as their hotel, but waiting on other things. I too doubt it’ll ever happen. Doesn’t LWLP lose the contract soon?

Old 01-03-2018, 09:40 PM

34,926 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Apparently LWLP does have Hyatt as their hotel, but waiting on other things. I too doubt it’ll ever happen. Doesn’t LWLP lose the contract soon?
There is likely a time limit but usually it is very long. While LWLP has been around a while I doubt it is that close to expiring yet. Jay

Old 01-05-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
There is likely a time limit but usually it is very long. While LWLP has been around a while I doubt it is that close to expiring yet. Jay
I’m reading it’s a 14 year deal with stipulations, but they’ve essentially been sitting on it for free. Very advantageous to LWLP.

Nemerson is a bit flippant in that interview about the project, which I’m not sure I agree with, but maybe he knows something we don’t.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:23 PM

New Owner Stays Course On Wooster Sq. Project | New Haven Independent

A welcome change to hear an out of state developer call New Haven development friendly.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:25 PM

Developers are making a mark on New Haven | WTNH Connecticut News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut