Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM

10,069 posts, read 14,449,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I've never really understood their store placements. I remember when they opened that one on Newfield Ave. in your city. I said, "What the hell could they possibly be thinking here?" Suffice it to say, it closed almost as quickly as it opened. The location of the one in my town is somewhat puzzling as well. It's just in a non-descript blah plaza in the center of Rt.1.
Well, when the stores started, they were only in wealthier/trendier/artsy areas. But then when the expansion happened, they became a bit more lax in the areas they located in. Now, you will find them at exits off the interstates, but that is due to high traffic. If in cities and neighborhoods, it's all about the demographics of the population living there.

The deal with the store on Newfield was it got caught in that last expansion phase of like 500 stores Starbucks had, then they closed 3 or 400 in like 2009/10. It got caught in the sudden expansion and closure of some "fringe stores." That area in Stamford has tons of disposable income and is a wealthy area. I think timing was bad.

Anyway, as for my original point, look at the Bronx. There are only like 5 or so there--and in high traffic or wealthier/middle class areas. I do have to say I am really surprised there is not a Starbucks in downtown Bpt....will come in a couple yrs I'd say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 PM

21,760 posts, read 28,094,478 times
I was surprised there isn't a Starbucks in downtown Milford. The old Dunkin Donuts seems like a no brainer, but I guess the rent is overpriced. That said, I like Cafe Atlantique way better than Starbucks.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:05 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,186,983 times
Stratford,

http://www.bridgeportct.gov/about/bptneighborhoods/Documents/bridgeportmasterplanneighborhoodsonly.pdf (broken link)

Page 15

Old 04-18-2012, 06:57 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
I don't know that having a Starbucks is a good indicator of the value of a nieghborhood. Certainly Black Rock could support one particularly now that the Fairfield Metro Center train station has opened and secured easy access to Metro North. Bridgeport may be the last frontier for Starbucks but personally I do not like their products. Jay

Old 04-18-2012, 07:01 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Stratford,
http://www.bridgeportct.gov/about/bptneighborhoods/Documents/bridgeportmasterplanneighborhoodsonly.pd (http://www.bridgeportct.gov/about/bptneighborhoods/Documents/bridgeportmasterplanneighborhoodsonly.pdf - broken link)f (http://www.bridgeportct.gov/about/bptneighborhoods/Documents/bridgeportmasterplanneighborhoodsonly.pdf - broken link)
Page 15
.......... "The City of Bridgeport unofficially recognizes 17 neighborhoods.

While one person’s sense of a neighborhood’s boundaries may differ from another’s, for the purpose of this Master Plan, 13 city
neighborhoods have been delineated.......

.........However, locally defined districts, such as school districts, police
precincts or Neighborhood Revitalization Zones (NRZs), do
not necessarily conform to neighborhood boundaries as
discussed in this Master Plan.

It should be noted that the boundaries of the Enterprise Zone neighborhood discussed in this chapter are not the same as the boundaries
of the State-designated enterprise zone......"

^^^^^^^This aint be makin a hole lotta cents to me.....

Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 PM

10,069 posts, read 14,449,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I don't know that having a Starbucks is a good indicator of the value of a nieghborhood. Certainly Black Rock could support one particularly now that the Fairfield Metro Center train station has opened and secured easy access to Metro North. Bridgeport may be the last frontier for Starbucks but personally I do not like their products. Jay
It can be an indicator of a neighborhood that has the demographic makeup to support the store's products. Similar to Starbucks would also be stores like Chipotle, and a Whole Foods....what stores are in neighborhoods are direct reflections of that areas' residents and their abilities and preferences to buy, typically. Of course there are exceptions, but all in all, a good rule of thumb.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
Default bpt

Bridgeport West Side/WestEnd is Sketchy It have up and down and just on March 29 there was homicide on Iranistan ave and There been 6-8 shootings on that side of Bridgeport this year.

Best Bridgeport Neighborhoods

Brooklawn/North End Anything North of Capital Ave and West Of Main Street 2-3 miles up to Trumbull Line and Stay away from Trumbull Ave and Soundview Area west of Main Street
Black Rock West of Ellsworth Street
Treeland Area North Of Boston Ave Beardsley Zoo Area up to Trumbull Line/Straford Line Merritt Parkway

If u live in these Neighborhoods you got fear for Armed Robberies and Home Break Ins

Last edited by BPt111; 04-18-2012 at 11:07 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 AM

BPT111 - Saying that it is only nice north of Capital would exclude the Brooklawn neighborhood which is sout of Capital. That area between North Avenue and Capital is very nice so I would not exclude it. Jay

Old 06-05-2013, 02:11 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
West End is not a good part of Bridgeport

Old 06-05-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
West End is not a good part of Bridgeport
I don't think anyone said it was. Kind of an old thread to revive at this point. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut