Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 02:00 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times

Advertisements

Im listening to a show on this now on KTKK am 630

http://178.159.0.11:7204
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 02:23 AM

654 posts, read 3,456,367 times
Horrible. Just beyond horrible. I am still reading and catching up on the info of this horrid event. My heart, and I don't know how deep I can dig down to show my deepest sorrow and condolences to the families involved in this incident. Christmas is not going to be a happy one for these parents.

I may not have kids of my own, but I was a former school bus driver and I used to pick up and drop off elementary kids...when they smile at you each morning when they get on the bus and say hello and when they miss you if I was absent....it really gets to me.

So much evil in this world....but I do wonder what kind of person this gunman was. I need to finish reading this thread.....back to page 8....

My deepest prayers and thoughts to all will be ongoing all weekend. I may even get small candles for each child that lost their life and light one in their honor. At least they are in the Lord's loving arms now.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:35 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Beyond tragic

This is mind-numbing and beyond tragic. My heart goes out to those affected by this senseless tragedy. Absolutely incredible and sad, to say the least.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:57 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
Watched 20/20 tonite through tears
Although I am not an Obama supporter, I supported his actions today in the press conference and all our Flags at half staff.

I could not help thinking of my classroom in Texas. I ran in my mind the scenario and how I would hide my little preschoolers in such an event.
I need to write an appreciation to my daughter's teachers.
The teachers in today's disgusting event are true heroes.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:24 AM

43,652 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
If his mother was a teacher there and he went to the school years ago they probably just let him in without a 2nd thought. Big mistake.....
The report this morning is that he shattered the glass to get into the school.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:29 AM

According to NBC this morning, one little girl from that class was saved as she was home sick that day (meaning she lost all of her classmates).

Old 12-15-2012, 06:11 AM

Nancy Lanza the mother of the shooter was not a regular teacher or employee of the school according to the Superintendent of the Newtown CT. School District. She might have been a substitute teacher or a volunteer but was not listed in the database of school full-time employees.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:11 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,702,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobwilliam77 View Post
This country is going to hell.
It's already there, been there for a long time.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 AM

632 posts, read 1,517,345 times
There was another recent tragedy where the murderer suffered from Asperger's. In this case, the mother died from cancer when the son was a teen. The son who murdered his Dad's girlfriend and his Dad a professor at Casper College in Wyoming last month evidently blamed his Dad for giving him the disorder.

Dying teacher battled son after attack in classroom, saving students - U.S. News

I am a classroom teacher with about 10 total students with autism and/or Asperger's; three of them genuiely frighten me and if I offended them, I believe they would behave violently and are capable of something like this. From my training, I believe it is their unpredictable personality AND the fact that they like to feel in control in their lives. I have been trained to continually reinforce choices they have, giving the impression they have probably more genuine control in their life in my classroom than they really do, but it appeases their intense need for control over what happens to them. I almost never "tell" them what to do.

When circumstances beyond their control start to influence what goes on in their lives, they use any means to regain that control.

Last edited by JayCT; 12-15-2012 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: Removed off topic comment

Old 12-15-2012, 06:19 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Also no one knows the situation of a given marriage....like maybe there is verbal or physical abuse; or one spouse has a drug or alcohol problem, etc. To just say "stick it out" means well, but is too simplistic and borderline insulting.

As for how so many guns got to the house registered to the mom, A) the registration story may not be true, a LOT of things told on that tragic day turned out to be fiction (i.e. was the "2nd gunman with a maroon van and caught in the woods" even true? Turned out the older brother was at his NJ accounting job the whole time). Or B) Somehow Adam was able to fake using his mom's ID and/or background for getting the guns.

Last edited by JayCT; 12-15-2012 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: Removed deleted quote and off topic response
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut