Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 06:56 AM

34,942 posts, read 56,970,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
According to the latest articles, Sikorsky is only cutting 180 jobs here in Connecticut. Not that bad considering this is where they have the most employees. Still not great but it could have been a lot worse. Jay

Sikorsky to cut 1,400 jobs, close Bridgeport plant - Connecticut Post

Old 06-03-2015, 09:11 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,806,715 times
That should be Malloy's and the democrats rallying cry for the next election: "Still not great but it could have been a lot worse."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
According to the latest articles, Sikorsky is only cutting 180 jobs here in Connecticut. Not that bad considering this is where they have the most employees. Still not great but it could have been a lot worse. Jay

Sikorsky to cut 1,400 jobs, close Bridgeport plant - Connecticut Post

Old 06-03-2015, 09:37 AM

2,753 posts, read 3,314,125 times
House passes budget 73 to 70, now heads to Senate | FOX CT

And it got passed by the House

NO!

Old 06-03-2015, 09:40 AM

453 posts, read 531,117 times
Budget passes the house.

Early Test Vote Passes; House Starts Budget Debate Before 5:30 A.M. Wednesday - Hartford Courant

Next up, the senate and finally the governor.

Admittedly, I get a small break on my car taxes living in Manchester. Whatever small break I get is wiped out by the reduction of the property tax deduction from $300 to $200. How does this benefit the middle class again?

I am not sure what makes me the angriest. The initial tax proposal, the reluctance to alter the proposal after vocal powerhouse businesses spoke out against it, the continued increased spending, the closed door, backroom deals, or the fact that voters once again allowed for this to happen.

There is no way I am investing in a home in CT under this kind of economic climate.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctguy87 View Post
Budget passes the house.

Early Test Vote Passes; House Starts Budget Debate Before 5:30 A.M. Wednesday - Hartford Courant

Admittedly, I get a small break on my car taxes living in Manchester. Whatever small break I get is wiped out by the reduction of the property tax deduction from $300 to $200. How does this benefit the middle class again?

I am not sure what makes me the angriest. The initial tax proposal, the reluctance to alter the proposal after vocal powerhouse businesses spoke out against it, the continued increased spending, the closed door, backroom deals, or the fact that voters once again allowed for this to happen.

There is no way I am investing in a home in CT under this kind of economic climate.
I'm so done. Honestly. Stop this madness on tax hikes...
The company I work for might leave the state if everything falls into place and therefore I might leave the state which is not what I want

Old 06-03-2015, 09:50 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,491,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctguy87 View Post
Budget passes the house.

I bought a home here in 2011. While I love my house, I wish I didn't buy it! If I could lift my house and transplant it in another state, I would.

Yea! more taxes, less jobs and less companies. But, hey, we have great education system.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
I bought a home here in 2011. While I love my house, I wish I didn't buy it! If I could lift my house and transplant it in another state, I would.

Yea! more taxes, less jobs and less companies. But, hey, we have great education system.
What kind of koolaid are our politicians drinking?

Old 06-03-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post

I came close a couple times, but ultimately the market is weak and sellers had a much more favorable perspective on it. Too many people were trying to get as much, or even MORE for their homes that they had purchased between 2004-2008. It was mind boggling really, but in the end prevented me from making a mistake.

Fairfield County? Still doing okay. Stamford is booming for millennials thanks to spillover from NYC.

Hartford County? Crumbling.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:05 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,837,430 times
I haven't read the budget, but I'm curious why would corporations care what their tax rates are ? Those taxes are just built into the price of their goods and services. Ultimately, the consumers of those goods and services pay the taxes. The general population is being hurt not the corporations.

For example, if there's a 5% surtax on car insurance policies. Do you think Travelers or any other insurance company is going to eat that tax or pass it along? There's no way they are going to eat it.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I haven't read the budget, but I'm curious why would corporations care what their tax rates are ? Those taxes are just built into the price of their goods and services. Ultimately, the consumers of those goods and services pay the taxes. The general population is being hurt not the corporations.

For example, if there's a 5% surtax on car insurance policies. Do you think Travelers or any other insurance company is going to eat that tax or pass it along? There's no way they are going to eat it.
Solution? Move to a location without the 5% surtax, and keep the price of their goods and services competitive in the marketplace.

If they don't move, we the consumer pay extra. Now you know why citizens, and not just the corporations, are up in arms about this tax plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut