Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 12:37 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times

Advertisements

Hanging Hills Brewing Company first Connecticut brewery to permanently close due to coronavirus

https://ctpost.com/news/ctpost/artic...?src=mposthpcp

Old 03-25-2020, 02:55 PM

New housing permits in CT rose nearly 23 percent in February

New housing permits issued in Connecticut rose nearly 23 percent last month compared to February 2019, according to new data released Tuesday by the state’s Department of Economic and Community Development.

There were 370 new housing units issued permits last month in 104 Connecticut towns, a 22.9 percent increase over the same period in 2019. Over the first two months of this year

https://www.ctinsider.com/news/ctpos...t-15156388.php

Old 03-25-2020, 03:26 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
New housing permits in CT rose nearly 23 percent in February

New housing permits issued in Connecticut rose nearly 23 percent last month compared to February 2019, according to new data released Tuesday by the state’s Department of Economic and Community Development.

There were 370 new housing units issued permits last month in 104 Connecticut towns, a 22.9 percent increase over the same period in 2019. Over the first two months of this year

https://www.ctinsider.com/news/ctpos...t-15156388.php
I can attest there's a lot of building and flips in Milford right now.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:43 PM

984 posts, read 599,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I can attest there's a lot of building and flips in Milford right now.
Recently (a couple weeks ago) I drove I-95 between here and New London and was shocked to see how much construction there was along the way (from stuff in BPT all the way to Clinton / Westbrook)

Old 03-25-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
Recently (a couple weeks ago) I drove I-95 between here and New London and was shocked to see how much construction there was along the way (from stuff in BPT all the way to Clinton / Westbrook)
Cheaper than Stamford/Norwalk/Westchester County they moving down to Milford, Shelton, New Haven area

Old 03-25-2020, 04:07 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
I am optimistic because these are jobs that can be rapidly rehired when the data shows this threat is not as bad as once feared. Most of them are part-time or hourly workers.
Many will return only IF the Senate Stimulus passes both chambers quickly.

Otherwise, cash flow issues will crush hotels, restaurants, bars, and retail.

We are suffering in Ct more than most states due to being near the epicenter.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:19 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
Along 95? Where?

Old 03-25-2020, 04:30 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
I am optimistic because these are jobs that can be rapidly rehired when the data shows this threat is not as bad as once feared. Most of them are part-time or hourly workers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Once again, the VAST majority of these are temporary due to nonessential business shutdowns as we temporarily hunker down and self isolate for the Coronavirus. Once this passes, most will get their jobs back. We can’t forget that. Jay
The seasoned vets here continue to outperform the competition with their vast knowledge and experience in all things CT. The confidence displayed here reverberates throughout this forum.

Exactly, and CT's higher income white collar sect is telecommuting still collecting direct deposits. I'm not aware of any large reductions there as a result of COVID.
CT will pick up BAU in no time when the dust clears. Its workers will persevere and get back on their feet, because that's what strong Americans do.

Well done, keep it up.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:57 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,185,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
The seasoned vets here continue to outperform the competition with their vast knowledge and experience in all things CT. The confidence displayed here reverberates throughout this forum.

Exactly, and CT's higher income white collar sect is telecommuting still collecting direct deposits. I'm not aware of any large reductions there as a result of COVID.
CT will pick up BAU in no time when the dust clears. Its workers will persevere and get back on their feet, because that's what strong Americans do.

Well done, keep it up.
What about the others.....you know the blue collar men and woman. That are living paycheck to paycheck. Unemployment is backed up, and the system online crashed. Oh and the unemployment coffers are empty.

I know plenty of those people who have no work.
DC can't get it together, because a few of them need their 15 minutes of fame by holding the economy ransom!!

Business owners who have run out of money....oh but the SBA will save you. Oh the System is offline. Oh yeah designed by the same folks who did Obamacare!

So it's ok for those who are fortunate, and I'm luckily ok. But at the same time I'm a business owner whose losing money too.

Have contractors begging for work.....no one wants them in their house!

Business is closed, so no work there.
Many are understandably cutting expenses. It goes on an on.

Yes America is a great country, but I hope everyone is reading what nonsense they want to put in this 6T bill.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:30 PM

Good news for real estate along shoreline communities

Greenwich real estate agent Stefanie Lacoff said her phone has been ringing off the hook, with some 100 inquiries from New York City residents in a week seeking short-term home rentals in Greenwich.

“You’re seeing a lot of people trying to get out of New York City, they feel trapped,” the Realtor said.

“They want a backyard for their kids to run around and play, and they want to just get outside,” she said, “One family contacted me, and they said, ‘We’ve been in our apartment for 12 days, and we haven’t left

https://www.ctinsider.com/local/gree...photo-19213897
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut