Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 01:59 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,096,229 times

Advertisements

Bridgeport man killed in Route 8/25 stabbing

They haven't said whether or not this was road rage…… but it seems like it was. I see angry driving on the roads every day wherever I go. Tailgating, flashing lights, doing the "cut short" maneuver where people go around someone and swerve back closer than normal to make the other driver brake, horn beeping is a regular thing. Yesterday I was driving on RT 34 from Lowes in Derby to Racebrook Rd…I watched 2 cars, one a Chevy Avalanche and one a Camry, get mad at each other and begin racing zipping in between people. It was so bad I called the cops. I wish the cops would start enforcing this better...

I go on my way and ignore it but it seems like aggressive driving is getting worse. It boggles my mind how rude and aggressive people are on the roads. Does anyone else notice this so often or am I just paying too much attention to how others are driving? Lol….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 02:11 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,215,232 times
I notice it everyday too. Drivers are out of control these days. I live in back of Lowes in Derby and the light on 34 at Grassy Hill Rd/Sodom Lane(where the farms are) is very dangerous by the way......I come out of Sodom Lane and make a left on rte 34 every morning......and every morning someone always blows the red light instead of stopping. When it turns green and if I am first, I always hesitate before turning. The people that go through the lights are going fast. One morning this happened and it was a tractor trailer flew through the light, then a car and then..........ready?.........a state trooper who stopped at the light but didnt go after the others!! I just sat there and couldnt believe it.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Yeah I get that people do stupid things on the road, I've run red lights before….whoops. But what I'm talking about are the purposely aggressive people out there who initiate road rage by the way they drive. Its crazy and I don't get why these police chiefs don't push for aggressive driving campaigns or something, you have to wonder…..are they driving on the same roads as me?!

Old 12-20-2014, 05:04 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,902,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I notice it everyday too. Drivers are out of control these days. I live in back of Lowes in Derby and the light on 34 at Grassy Hill Rd/Sodom Lane(where the farms are) is very dangerous by the way......I come out of Sodom Lane and make a left on rte 34 every morning......and every morning someone always blows the red light instead of stopping. When it turns green and if I am first, I always hesitate before turning. The people that go through the lights are going fast. One morning this happened and it was a tractor trailer flew through the light, then a car and then..........ready?.........a state trooper who stopped at the light but didnt go after the others!! I just sat there and couldnt believe it.

Doesn't have jurisdiction to make a stop.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
[/b]

Doesn't have jurisdiction to make a stop.
Don't the have jurisdiction statewide?

Old 12-20-2014, 07:19 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,855,412 times
When I hear cases like this I always wonder why someone would kill another person over something that happened in traffic. When they get caught they will be going down for 20-life. Seems really stupid to me, but we all can't be Einstein's I guess.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:31 PM

402 posts, read 688,117 times
Ct. is such a wonderful place

Old 12-21-2014, 06:25 AM

2,498 posts, read 4,735,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlaw View Post
Ct. is such a wonderful place
Yeah, and Arizona is the promised land. Tell that crypt-keeper of a governor of yours we said hello.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:02 AM

684 posts, read 814,776 times
Rather then blaming it as road rage, maybe it was self defense? Need to think out of the box.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:11 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,366,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Don't the have jurisdiction statewide?
Just on the highways I think.

Actually I don't know if they do on state routes like 34.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut