Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2019, 03:21 PM

37,163 posts, read 39,451,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Usually in cases like this the organisation is "Friends of X" I'd imagine it's the case here.
How do I become that friend? I'll chip in a fiver for this, because I think it is a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 03:28 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,189,053 times
Beerbeer seems to be correct... the organisation looks like it's River Recapture.

Get Involved | Riverfront Recapture

Looks like they have volunteer positions as well as ways to donate.

Great website either way.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:14 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Beerbeer seems to be correct... the organisation looks like it's River Recapture.

Get Involved | Riverfront Recapture

Looks like they have volunteer positions as well as ways to donate.

Great website either way.
Riverfront Recapture is a great organization. They are responsible for many of the great amenities along the river including Riverfront Plaza, Charter Oak Landing and Great River Park. They built the beautiful Boathouse in Riverside Park and do a lot of events and activities year round as well. I have given to them. Jay

Old 07-02-2019, 11:23 AM

413 posts, read 317,993 times
Hartford "wins" Centerplan lawsuit.

https://www.courant.com/business/hc-...74i-story.html

A jury has ruled in favor of the city of Hartford in a high-stakes lawsuit where the developers of Dunkin’ Donuts Park sought tens of millions of dollars. The developers, Centerplan and DoNo Hartford, were ordered to pay $335,000 to the city of Hartford. They had sought $90 million in their suit against the city.

This clears the way for the new developer to move forward with an apartment complex on Trumbull across the street from the right field stands of the ball park.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:18 PM

50 posts, read 30,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbeer View Post

A jury has ruled in favor of the city of Hartford in a high-stakes lawsuit where the developers of Dunkin’ Donuts Park sought tens of millions of dollars. The developers, Centerplan and DoNo Hartford, were ordered to pay $335,000 to the city of Hartford. They had sought $90 million in their suit against the city.

This clears the way for the new developer to move forward with an apartment complex on Trumbull across the street from the right field stands of the ball park.
Big news for the city, keeps the development momentum going.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbeer View Post

This is great news for the city and the NoDo neighborhood. A developer is ready to begin construction there and hopefully that can move forward now. I am amazed at how fast the jury verdict came back. The case just ended yesterday. This kind of says that the entire jury clearly agreed the city was right to fire Centerplan. Of course I am sure there will be appeals. I just hope it does not slow the plans for development there. Jay

Old 07-02-2019, 11:33 PM

226 posts, read 577,316 times
I really like the look of Hartford. I would like to visit.

Old 07-03-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSandsYucca View Post
Hartford is sort of a hidden gem. It is not a touristy city but has some interesting things to see and do here or nearby. It gets a bad rap because it is a small city in area that is the urban core of a large metropolitan area so statistics tend to be skewed against it. The suburbs of Hartford are beautiful and great places to raise a family. Come and see it. Jay

Old 07-03-2019, 12:17 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,189,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSandsYucca View Post
Not from Hartford but it's great. If you go be sure to check out the Waddsworth Atheneum. Even going quick through it is even a full day. There's also the Capitol which is one of the most grandiose state house in the country. There's also the Mark Twain House and Harriet Beecher Stowe Houses, and the well received Connecticut Science Centre (which I have never been personally, but have heard great things about it).

Old 07-08-2019, 08:08 AM

413 posts, read 317,993 times
Travelers Tower turns 100.

https://www.courant.com/news/connect...k6y-story.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut