Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 01:40 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times

Advertisements

So as you would expect, leasing of new apartments in Hartford has slowed but developers remain optimistic that the market for them is still there. What’s even more interesting is that leasing of new apartments in the Colt complex, which began April 1st, has taken off with 37 apartments being rented. That’s amazing IMHO. Jay

https://www.courant.com/coronavirus/...g6u-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 03:17 PM

Woo Hoo, the first phase of NoDo is literally weeks from groundbreaking. The first building will include 270 apartments, a 330 space parking garage and 11,000 square feet of ground floor commercial space. Great news. Jay

https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...groundbreaking

Old 08-10-2020, 06:11 PM

332 posts, read 217,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Woo Hoo, the first phase of NoDo is literally weeks from groundbreaking. The first building will include 270 apartments, a 330 space parking garage and 11,000 square feet of ground floor commercial space. Great news. Jay

https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...groundbreaking
This will compliment the ballpark very nicely.

Old 08-14-2020, 05:00 PM

70 posts, read 40,222 times
I just dont see millenials from Boston and NYC saying, hey, I want to move to downtown Hartford unless they are from the area originally. I still dont think its on peoples radar.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:21 PM

274 posts, read 144,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartnado42 View Post
I just dont see millenials from Boston and NYC saying, hey, I want to move to downtown Hartford unless they are from the area originally. I still dont think its on peoples radar.
I think a lot of millennials are at the age where they may be deciding city life is no longer for them and start choosing the suburbs. Hopefully these Hartford developments will be attractive to Gen Z's, a lot of which are graduating college and will be choosing cities to go work/live.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:25 PM

This is really great news for Hartford. Ground was broken today on the $26 million apartment complex at the corner of Main and Park Streets. This project has been a l9ng time coming and should help greatly improve the area. Jay

https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...-breaks-ground

Old 08-18-2020, 02:45 PM

332 posts, read 217,563 times
Quote:
This is really great news for Hartford. Ground was broken today on the $26 million apartment complex at the corner of Main and Park Streets. This project has been a l9ng time coming and should help greatly improve the area. Jay

One thing that can't be understated about this, is that there will now be more businesses and residents living in Hartford once this is complete. This will be a big tax revenue generator for the city.

Old 08-18-2020, 03:20 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,829,691 times
Quote:

LOl this is going to fail HARD. There's numerous reasons why this lot has been vacant for over 30 years.
Can't believe investors would sink money into this area.

Old 08-18-2020, 04:22 PM

6,876 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
LOl this is going to fail HARD. There's numerous reasons why this lot has been vacant for over 30 years.
like what?

Old 08-19-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
It strongly disagree. First of all, that area is not that bad and it has been improving. A block north of this site are some very nice buildings with some really good stores and restaurants (Rivals End, Ashley’s). Two blocks north is one of the city’s oldest and best restaurants, Peppercorns. To the south is the massive campus of Hartford Hospital with thousands of employees and a block south of that is the very highly regarded Institute of Living. As I said on another thread here before I have a family member whose office is in that neighborhood for several decades and they never had issues there. If any neighborhood is ripe for gentrification, it’s that one and this development on these long empty lots are just the thing needed to push it over the top.

Remember too that the developer, Spinnaker, is one of our state’s most successful developers. A couple decades ago they took a once decaying neighborhood and turned it into one of the state’s most vibrant and lively areas with hundreds of upscale apartments. That area is South Norwalk which was pretty seedy and crime ridden before it was gentrified. Today it has some of the best restaurants and bars in the state, hundreds of upscale apartments and one of the newest and most upscale shopping malls in the country, The SoNo Collection. Not bad.

Given all of this and the fact that developers have been buying up other properties in the immediate area and have proposed more developments of similar quality. I see it being a big step forward and a giant boost for the neighborhood and city. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut