Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 09:23 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,839,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
That's an old article. They've removed the little covered bridge in the past two weeks.

This one is a little more up-to-date and includes estimated pricing: Long-Awaited Construction Begins on Glastonbury Mill Conversion - Hartford Courant
That was good info. I don't drive thru Glastonbury often, so I didn't know how fast/slow the project is moving. I used to live in Georgetown Condos in the early 90's. I remember seeing people fishing at the pond that is basically on the corner of New London Trpke and Neipsic Rd. I hope they didn't eat the fish.

I have to wonder what world the developers are living in that they think $1200 a month for studio a apt is affordable.

"The apartments — to be named Flanagan's Landing — will be a mix of studios, one-, two- and three-bedroom units, with estimated monthly rents ranging from $1,200 to $3,000.

Kenny said there aren't a lot of options for young professionals from Glastonbury to live in the town where they grew up."

Perhaps they think parents are going to subsidize their kids because it's Glastonbury. At $1200 a month a person would be better off buying a condo and paying a mortgage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 09:40 AM

6,590 posts, read 4,984,771 times
They have been working on it all winter so maybe it will actually be open this year. Looks like they've started framing the other buildings. The restaurant was a surprise to me. It will of course increase traffic - it's already not a good area to pull out into, add a lot of high schoolers new to driving and yikes!

That is the same pond you saw them fishing in! All winter they've been messing with the water level as they are working on the chute the brook goes through. One day it's near dry, the next it's full again.

And yeah, that's expensive in my world. All of Glastonbury is, so maybe that's the norm. I've seen house rentals in Glastonbury that start at 1500-2000 and personally, I'd rather have a house with a buffer than live in the same building with a ton of people. I've always been like that though - I know people that would rather live in an apartment building than a house.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:08 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,614,968 times
There will always be transient workers in the Hartford region who don't see themselves settling down in a single town or state. Others simply prefer the pros on a managed building where they are not responsible for maintenance and grounds keeping. Buying a home requires good credit and/or a significant down payment that many renters may lack.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:15 PM

14,057 posts, read 13,953,593 times
In Your Neighborhood: West End – Real Hartford

Old 03-20-2016, 05:37 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,984,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
There will always be transient workers in the Hartford region who don't see themselves settling down in a single town or state. Others simply prefer the pros on a managed building where they are not responsible for maintenance and grounds keeping. Buying a home requires good credit and/or a significant down payment that many renters may lack.
I wasn't talking about buying a house - I was talking about renting a house vs an apartment.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:47 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,614,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I wasn't talking about buying a house - I was talking about renting a house vs an apartment.
Apartment building can offer pools, a full time doorman, on site gym, and other benefits that don't come with renting a house. Not to mention single young professionals might find the atmosphere of apartment dwelling to be more appealing.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:24 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
That was good info. I don't drive thru Glastonbury often, so I didn't know how fast/slow the project is moving. I used to live in Georgetown Condos in the early 90's. I remember seeing people fishing at the pond that is basically on the corner of New London Trpke and Neipsic Rd. I hope they didn't eat the fish.

I have to wonder what world the developers are living in that they think $1200 a month for studio a apt is affordable.

"The apartments — to be named Flanagan's Landing — will be a mix of studios, one-, two- and three-bedroom units, with estimated monthly rents ranging from $1,200 to $3,000.

Kenny said there aren't a lot of options for young professionals from Glastonbury to live in the town where they grew up."

Perhaps they think parents are going to subsidize their kids because it's Glastonbury. At $1200 a month a person would be better off buying a condo and paying a mortgage.
Glastonbury is one of the priciest towns in greater Hartford. It is very desirable because of its charm and quality of schools. The rents are in line with other similar complexes around town. The developer should know since he owns Addison Mill apartments which get similar rents. Also note another complex is being built on Hebron Avenue at House Street. I believe it is called Glastonbury Mews. It will be in a similar price range. Check it out at links below for information on both complexes. Jay

Flanagan's Landing Renderings - Hartford Courant

Luxury Apartments in Glastonbury CT | Flanagan's Landing

Glastonbury Mews Apartment-Townhouse Proposal Brought To Officials - Courant Community

Old 03-21-2016, 10:31 AM

14,057 posts, read 13,953,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Glastonbury is one of the priciest towns in greater Hartford. It is very desirable because of its charm and quality of schools. The rents are in line with other similar complexes around town. The developer should know since he owns Addison Mill apartments which get similar rents. Also note another complex is being built on Hebron Avenue at House Street. I believe it is called Glastonbury Mews. It will be in a similar price range. Check it out at links below for information on both complexes. Jay

Flanagan's Landing Renderings - Hartford Courant

Luxury Apartments in Glastonbury CT | Flanagan's Landing

Glastonbury Mews Apartment-Townhouse Proposal Brought To Officials - Courant Community
What FFC/Miflord area town Glastonbury is compare to

Old 03-21-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
What FFC/Miflord area town Glastonbury is compare to
I would say Trumbull or Orange are similar to Glastonbury. Jay

Old 03-23-2016, 01:24 PM

Looks like the Coltsville National Park which is in and around Hartford's historic Colt Building is moving another step closer to reality. This is great. Jay

Coltsville National Park takes step ahead | HartfordBusiness.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut