Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 01:42 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times

Advertisements

It's amazing to me that the CT cheerleaders continue their attempts to discredit experiences of those who lived in both areas. Sorry but you simply don't have the experience of living in both places and therefore, aren't able to accurately compare. Enough is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
And, it's also VERY different to drive in it, than it is to compare it to Google Maps.

I lived in both places, did the CT--NY commute (and the New Haven--Hartford...and New Haven---Trumbull commute) and now I live here. I'm just contributing what I drove in for YEARS vs what I am driving in now.

The Tri-State is WAY worse than out here. Additionally, every person I have met out here that is originally from the Tri-State, agrees.
Your first sentence is the truest thing. Unfortunately, those who lack the experience of a regular commute in both places won't understand.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:50 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,178,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It's amazing to me that the CT cheerleaders continue their attempts to discredit experiences of those who lived in both areas. Sorry but you simply don't have the experience of living in both places and therefore, aren't able to accurately compare. Enough is enough.
I may not have the experience of living there, but I'm there pretty frequently, and see multiple highways going in different directions with 5 lanes and much more volume. Same for major boulevards.

And I like CA much better than this podunk state - it blows CT out of the water, so no cheerleading here.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:53 PM

712 posts, read 529,850 times
Quote:
Exactly. Total homers. Let's keep it honest. I'm not sure what having woods north of the merrit has to do with traffic on the highways route 1, 95, or 15 which is the only way to drive any kind of distance at all. I'm not a deer running through the woods. I'm driving a car. It's like saying there's a river next to nyc so just hop on a boat to go from one end of the city to the other. I'm not completely familiar personally with los angeles, but saying the fairfield county traffic is not as bad as ANY major city metro area is totally inaccurate.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
I may not have the experience of living there, but I'm there pretty frequently, and see multiple highways going in different directions with 5 lanes and much more volume. Same for major boulevards.

And I like CA much better than this podunk state - it blows CT out of the water, so no cheerleading here.
I usually agree with you, but not here. Visiting an area, even frequently, does not give you an accurate picture of what it's like to live there. Even when google maps has LA traffic as solid red, it's still steadily moving at 30 mph - note the word steadily. That's not the case anywhere in CT.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:20 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,238,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post

Seeing it and driving it on a daily basis, is much, much different. Daily traffic is worse in the tri-state, than here. EXCEPT for holiday traffic--and I mean like, the day before or ON a holiday. Took me three hours just to get out of LA, to get to Vegas the night before Thanksgiving.

I'm going off a compare of driving many, many of the worst parts of CT traffic for years, on a daily basis (did the 95/91 interchange during all that nutty construction, drove INTO NYC and Yonkers for years, etc.) So far--and that's not to say it may change--CT is worse. As I also stated, literally every person I have met from the tri-state who now lives here also agrees with me. Former tri-staters roll their eyes and laugh at LA people who complain about the traffic here.

I also didn't mind driving in CT traffic, back home, if you read my past posts. However, living here makes me see what a pain in the butt it really was.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:22 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,238,727 times
Oh and to give ya'll an idea of how much I drove, back east....I put close to 50K in miles on my car in just shy of two years.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:28 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,086,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
Former tri-staters roll their eyes and laugh at LA people who complain about the traffic here.
That's my brother and sister in law.... they live there and feel the same way you do (that traffic is way more frustrating on 95 in CT than in LA)...

Old 12-07-2016, 04:18 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
Quote:
Yeah but, how long has it been since you lived there? Traffic patterns evolve over the years, for better or worse. So, the longer time goes by, the less credibility you have.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Yeah but, how long has it been since you lived there? Traffic patterns evolve over the years, for better or worse. So, the longer time goes by, the less credibility you have.
Not very long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut