Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 03:21 PM

2,639 posts, read 7,440,019 times

Advertisements

I wish the road work on North Street in Danbury would be finished soon but it won't be until next summer. They are resignaling, drainage and widening the off and on ramp for exit 5 and 6. Last year it took be 15 minutes to go 1.2 miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 04:06 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,971,859 times
I do not miss FFC traffic at all. The commute from Norwalk to Stamford along I-95 was absolutely horrific. The evenings were even worse, heading back. It would take up to 40 minutes just to travel those 8.5 miles between my work and home.

However, I would not be opposed to living in FFC again. But if I were to do it again, assuming my job was in downtown Stamford again, I would probably just live in Stamford or find something decent in Greenwich, Darien or even New Canaan. Or maybe even in NY state. The traffic impact from those locations aren't as bad as coming from Norwalk on I-95. It has been 1.5 yrs since I've lived in FFC, however, so traffic patterns may have changed since, but I don't know.

My job of two years in Stamford was the best job I ever had. The people, the hours, the pay and benefits were excellent. I am such an idiot for quitting last year. Also, Norwalk was a nice city IMO, as well as all the surrounding towns. It's just that the arrangement of traffic between my home and work was a major source of frustration on a daily basis.

But I can't go back in time.

Old 12-06-2016, 04:52 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,187,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Why Connecticut ave in Norwalk is so congested ? Stamford is nightmare lately
Its called Holiday shopping, thats what people do in areas with strong and bustling economies.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:08 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,242,053 times
LA traffic is a joke compared to CT/NYC! I do not miss the traffic, back East, at all.

As for CT Ave--that's completely normal traffic for this time of year. It will clear up (somewhat) after Christmas.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:14 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,971,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
LA traffic is a joke compared to CT/NYC! I do not miss the traffic, back East, at all.

As for CT Ave--that's completely normal traffic for this time of year. It will clear up (somewhat) after Christmas.
I believe you, but how come according to Google Maps directions for rush hour times, the traffic in the greater LA area appears to be MUCH worse than it is in the northeast? There are numerous routes that are displayed as taking up to an hour just to travel like 10 miles or less. Many of the arterial and side roads appear to be red. But back east, it's pretty much just the interstates and a few major highway segments.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:54 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,187,128 times
Not sure how traffic here keeps getting compared to the 2nd largest city in the country - Unless you have a ridiculous rush hour commute like Stratford to Greenwich everyday.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:41 AM

21,651 posts, read 31,262,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
Not sure how traffic here keeps getting compared to the 2nd largest city in the country - Unless you have a ridiculous rush hour commute like Stratford to Greenwich everyday.
Because, having lived in both areas, it's very comparable.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:00 AM

14,064 posts, read 13,970,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post

LOL L.A traffic is such as joke as 1 PM

Old 12-07-2016, 11:10 AM

712 posts, read 532,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Because, having lived in both areas, it's very comparable.
I wouldn't be surprised. Kind of ridiculous that a county with a population near 1 million has comparable traffic to a major metropolis with a metro population in the greater la area of nearly 19 million.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Los_Angeles_Area)

It never used to be like that in CT. Remember the good old days when the merrit was WAY better than 95? Those days are long gone. Anyone I gave traffic advice to years ago, I'd say avoid 95 like the plague and you'll have clear sailing on the the merritt. haha. Yeah, now there's almost no difference. Both brutal.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:11 AM

712 posts, read 532,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
LOL L.A traffic is such as joke as 1 PM

You realize 1pm for us isn't 1pm for them? haha...Different time zones. You're comparing the end of their rush hour to OUR 1pm traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut