Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 02:07 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times

Advertisements

Malloy open to Connecticut accepting Syrian refugees - NewsTimes

Hartford would be just thrilled, I'm sure.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:29 PM

505 posts, read 428,809 times
Awful. I hope it doesn't happen.

this state doesn't need any refugees.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:34 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,189,053 times
Good! Showing a kind hand in times of trouble is an important and humane step in the world. Not taking the refugees is exactly the plan of many of the terror states, it keeps the battle on their turf, and enhances their stated raison d'etre. The states that are politically grandstanding on fighting refugee placement should be ashamed of themselves and their short sighted stances.

Besides there are groups of people that truly do pose a threat to Connecticut's general safety, never assimilate to the prevailing culture, act like they own the place, and a threat almost every CT resident will deal with at least once a week: Drivers from NY, NJ, and of course MA. Truly a threat to us all.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:36 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,492,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Good! Showing a kind hand in times of trouble is an important and humane step in the world. Not taking the refugees is exactly the plan of many of the terror states, it keeps the battle on their turf, and enhances their stated raison d'etre. The states that are politically grandstanding on fighting refugee placement should be ashamed of themselves and their short sighted stances.
Sounds very kind of you. Can we count on you offering your home to one of these displaced families?

Old 11-16-2015, 02:37 PM

11,305 posts, read 18,902,516 times
Quote:
While I do actually feel for the refugees who are fleeing the group of people that we are fighting, in Paris some of the bombers came in as "refugees". We don't seem to have an easy way to screen out the terrorists from the refugees and until we do I can understand the stance of some of the governors (one of whom, the New Hampshire governor, is a democrat by the way).

Old 11-16-2015, 03:08 PM

21,631 posts, read 31,231,833 times
Quote:

Besides there are groups of people that truly do pose a threat to Connecticut's general safety, never assimilate to the prevailing culture, act like they own the place, and a threat almost every CT resident will deal with at least once a week: Drivers from NY, NJ, and of course MA. Truly a threat to us all.
What a delusional post - comparing the threat of ISIS to driving habits.

The mindset of the left is scaring me more each day.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Sounds very kind of you. Can we count on you offering your home to one of these displaced families?
I don't get the line of thinking, "so you're for clothing the homeless... are you going to give each a shirt." Regardless if I owned where I live I probably would for a bit, but I'm fairly sure that's not how it works.

As for the idea that sine of the attackers snuck theough as refugees, that's inconclusive at best and many were French and Belgian nationals which has a much higher level of proof. Syrian passportsare easy to forge and have become a favourite with gun runners from Spain to the Stans. Current anti terror procedures are notoriously bad at human intel, and biases from politicos actually inhibits collection (hang faith in police is critical for human intel to be gathered, and dragnet surveillance had been a total failure). That said though if a natural disaster happened in say Ireland would you be cautious taking in refugees because some might belong to the PIRA, or Wyoming because of the real and present dangers of white national movements and militias? I highly doubt it'd cross your mind.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
What a delusional post - comparing the threat of ISIS to driving habits.

The mindset of the left is scaring me more each day.
Not s Swift reader eh?

Seriously though, which is a statistically more likely scenario: death by terrorists or bad drivers? It's bad drivers and its not even close. What happened was incredibly tragic and horrific, but the point of the operation was to cajole western powers into rash action and to prove IS can effectively "wag the dog" so to speak. We must remain in our righteous resolve, and not give those animals (as media shrewd as they are) the PR they need to stay relevant on a silver platter with a nice neon bow. Its classic realpolitik and once we see it that way instead of Huntington's absolutely disasterous "clash of civilizations" then we are going to face this issue and those like issues like it well pop up again.

That's why I'm all for helping refugees here.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:07 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,492,796 times
Quote:
Not s Swift reader eh?

Seriously though, which is a statistically more likely scenario: death by terrorists or bad drivers? It's bad drivers and its not even close. What happened was incredibly tragic and horrific, but the point of the operation was to cajole western powers into rash action and to prove IS can effectively "wag the dog" so to speak. We must remain in our righteous resolve, and not give those animals (as media shrewd as they are) the PR they need to stay relevant on a silver platter with a nice neon bow. Its classic realpolitik and once we see it that way instead of Huntington's absolutely disasterous "clash of civilizations" then we are going to face this issue and those like issues like it well pop up again.

I don't want to keep commenting on this thread but comparing drivers to terrorism is just stupid.

I have a seatbelt to protect me from bad drivers in the case of an accident. What safeguards do I have against a bunch of terrorist storming a music theater? At the gate my [weapon] is not allowed in so my safeguard is gone.

I have Muslims friends and I have spoke with them about what is going on. I have their respect because they are good people. Not all Muslims are terrisits [and to bring it back to you're argument] not all drivers from NJ are bad drivers. The fact is that our intelligence says terrorist will get in using refugees route is a reason to stop it until we get a better handle on it.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:15 PM

505 posts, read 428,809 times
Quote:
Not s Swift reader eh?

Who cares about PR? ISIS is going to write negatively about us no matter what we do.

The refugees are not our responsibility and should remain in the camps in the Middle East.

We are just importing terrorism by bringing them here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut