Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 08:41 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times

Advertisements

It’s been a while since we talked about this property. Last year a LLC, West Hartford 1 LLC, bought the 58 acre property for $2.75 million. It is unknown who are the principals of the company but now they have HIRED a Rhode Island developer to represent them.

https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...-redevelopment

This is a highly unusual move. It keeps the names of the real owners confidential. I’ve only seen this when the principals are either highly controversial or very prestigious. It will be interesting to see what is proposed for the property and why this course was taken.

Could it be a controversial developer whose name has lost its shine like Trump or a controversial religious organization? Could it be someone prestigious like Amazon who “discovered” greater Hartford and is getting ready to set up a high profile division here? Or is it a local company like Cigna, Travelers, Aetna or The Hartford, wanting to move but not ready to formally announce it yet? This high profile property is one of the most prime properties in Metro Hartford so it redevelopment is very important. We will see what happens. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 07:40 PM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Jay, I read your last paragraph with a "dun, dun, dunnnn." How secretive.

IMHO, that will be a mixed use development. The project manager specializes in that.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:41 PM

274 posts, read 144,168 times
Agree, with the manager being from the Carpionato Group, I would expect something along the lines of a mixed development. Surprised that someone from that group would be managing the project. The Carpionato Group is behind the ambitious Avon Village Center project, and while they secured Whole Foods as a tenant, most of their other building have been sitting vacant, which I know has been getting some criticism from the town

Old 02-18-2022, 04:55 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
Hmmm. I recently butted heads with a LLC but their records were open. But this is weird. If it isn't Sullo and isn't Frank Leone then who the heck is running this thing?

https://www.concord-sots.ct.gov/CONC...nessID=0758786
https://opencorporates.com/companies...0758786/events

First sold for 5.2 million and then nearly half later. Even based on the land alone that is cheap.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:59 AM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Hmmm. I recently butted heads with a LLC but their records were open. But this is weird. If it isn't Sullo and isn't Frank Leone then who the heck is running this thing?

https://www.concord-sots.ct.gov/CONC...nessID=0758786
https://opencorporates.com/companies...0758786/events

First sold for 5.2 million and then nearly half later. Even based on the land alone that is cheap.
I did the same search but then realized that is a CT corp that goes back to 2003. Per the article, the owner is a Delaware corporation with the same name and was created in October 2021 - right in the timeframe for the purchase.

They may be affiliated. BTW, there are 10 companies with "West Hartford" in the name listed in DE.

Old 02-18-2022, 07:38 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnho771 View Post
Agree, with the manager being from the Carpionato Group, I would expect something along the lines of a mixed development. Surprised that someone from that group would be managing the project. The Carpionato Group is behind the ambitious Avon Village Center project, and while they secured Whole Foods as a tenant, most of their other building have been sitting vacant, which I know has been getting some criticism from the town
That development of mixed use was originally targeted at approximately 1M sq. ft.
Very ambitious before CV. We talked briefly with them, but took a wait and see approach.

We're developing in FL now. Rents there are way higher than most anywhere in CT.

Old 02-27-2023, 12:20 PM

It’s been a year since we’ve heard anything on this but the buyer of UConn’s old West Hartford campus is coming forth with a new mixed use proposal for the 57 acre site. The plan calls for a total of 492 apartments along with commercial uses including a market, medical offices and a spa. The plan also preserves the existing ballfields and keeping them open to the public. It will be interesting to see the towns reaction to the plan. Jsy

https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...ing-nearly-500

Old 02-27-2023, 12:35 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,718,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It’s been a year since we’ve heard anything on this but the buyer of UConn’s old West Hartford campus is coming forth with a new mixed use proposal for the 57 acre site. The plan calls for a total of 492 apartments along with commercial uses including a market, medical offices and a spa. The plan also preserves the existing ballfields and keeping them open to the public. It will be interesting to see the towns reaction to the plan. Jsy

https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...ing-nearly-500
492 additional apartments and yet another market? As if that neighborhood isn't congested enough with people and cars. It's because of inane planning like this why I say the direction the town is going is wrong. So glad I fled that "town". Council members and planners won't be content until it becomes a mini version of Stamford. What a joke.

Old 02-27-2023, 06:18 PM

So more details on the proposed plans are coming out including the site plan and renderings. Looks impressive but I can’t say I like the architecture. It seems trendy rather than classic. I can see that in a few years people will ask “What were we thinking?” What do you think? Jay

West Hartford May Pass on Buying UConn Site-0c886e05-0daf-4a46-a875-a81e3c9285ea.jpeg

West Hartford May Pass on Buying UConn Site-d8993063-5b13-4904-a87d-8d38d5d9d8a5.jpeg

West Hartford May Pass on Buying UConn Site-53e1073b-4fa9-4b46-80cd-97cdbe5ffd51.jpeg

Old 02-28-2023, 06:48 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,718,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
So more details on the proposed plans are coming out including the site plan and renderings. Looks impressive but I can’t say I like the architecture. It seems trendy rather than classic. I can see that in a few years people will ask “What were we thinking?” What do you think? Jay

Attachment 242122

Attachment 242123

Attachment 242124
Terrible idea. Hope the residents in this area kill it so it never materializes. They've done it before, here's hoping they follow suit here as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut