Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2021, 05:58 AM

6,934 posts, read 3,766,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
This shows you’re completely out of touch with regard to criminal behavior in 2021. These criminals do not care about Ring doorbells or other video surveillance. They don’t care to wear gloves because they know they won’t be charged even if prints are pulled from the door handles. They don’t care about making noise - they’ll just run and if the police get behind them speeding off, they won’t stop because they know law enforcement can’t engage in pursuit for this crime in CT. This is all pretty common stuff these days.
Everyone knows car theft rings have been around since the dawn of modern man though. They usually come in waves.
Multiple stolen wheels are part of a network led by adults. You're telling me their trained underlings doing the dirty work don't care if they get caught? They wouldn't get paid then. They would have to be somewhat discreet about it, wouldn't they.
Would the adults running the theft ring atleast get arrested in CT if or when the authorities are led to them? If not, then I would have to agree that the politicians dropped the ball here.

If the ipad kids are now just out stealing wheels for kicks, that's another story and yes I think the politicians probably mishandled that one too.

Last edited by JayCT; 02-09-2021 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Removed persoattack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2021, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiSky View Post
No one on this forum used the words apocalyptic wasteland besides you. I’m happy that you love your neighborhood, but again, not everyone can afford to live in a wealthy neighborhood with minimal crime. For a lot of people, this is the reality for them.

https://www.fox61.com/article/news/c...8-6375f00c2efa
Sorry for the dramatics. 15 year old twerps aren't going to force me into gated communities. It would have to be something more substantial. I don't believe will get that.

We've been through this already. Car break ins are happening all over including wealthier communities in the state and other states. I'm not in an all wealthy or affluent region. Bridgeport is a short trip up the highway.
I have the upmost sympathy for the Newington and New Britain folks who have to come up with money for car damage and deductibles. That moneys earmarked for child care and food, I get it.
The complacent or careless Mercedes guy who lost an ipad won't garner any sympathy from me, he'll just buy another one.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:30 AM

6,593 posts, read 4,989,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
What parents? Single low income housing projects parents are sitting anyone down and discussing things. That's 50 states, not just CT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnho771 View Post
All parents. As you said, it is good that low income parents are discussing things, but this really should be an effort of all parents regardless of income. A lot of the thefts are happening in high income areas.

Actually I think he meant they AREN'T discussing things. For the most part, these kids aren't coming from well-to-do homes. They're lucky if they have one parent in their life and it may not even been a good one.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Actually I think he meant they AREN'T discussing things. For the most part, these kids aren't coming from well-to-do homes. They're lucky if they have one parent in their life and it may not even been a good one.
Thank you. Yes, I meant "aren't", typo.

Kids in these environments aren't getting sat down and talked to unfortunately, in any United State. Nothing new though

Old 02-08-2021, 04:10 PM

929 posts, read 304,798 times
Well the governor announced today that the Northern Correctional Facility in Somers will be closed. It appears that the number of inmates has fallen drastically , and is at all time low.

HMMMM. Crime increases like care thefts , vandalism , other mayhem increase while the prison population is dwindling. Just a coincidence.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:11 AM

34,958 posts, read 57,016,055 times
I am reopening this thread. Please stop the bickering and personal attacks and insults or infractions will be issued. JayCT, Moderator

Old 02-09-2021, 08:55 PM

720 posts, read 763,842 times
Quote:
Someone brought up rash of tire thefts, which tend to be organized crime related.
That's seperate from junveniles not worried about getting caught becuase they know the politicians removed the detention centers. If your're part of a crime ring you don't want to get caught. You don't get paid then.
To me it seems like two different things going on Agent.
Organized crimes don't steal tires, they do more lucrative activities.

There's always been tires theft in hartford, if you park in a vulnerable location,
someone will try to steal it. Has nothing to do with organized crime.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:37 PM

21,634 posts, read 31,242,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post

There's always been tires theft in hartford, if you park in a vulnerable location,
Exactly. Organized crime typically requires membership, structure, centralized authority and continuity. The only thing that fits here is continuity [by each criminal].

These are street criminals emboldened by today’s politicians. Full stop.

Old 02-10-2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post

Maybe organized crime was the wrong term. You're thinking Mafia and the movies
Though they were very involved in auto crimes as well. Incremental business. It all adds up.

I should have said "A Car theft ring" network that specializes in car theft. The attached sound pretty organized and lucrative and led by adults.
Maybe the new juvenile laws exasperated things, could be, I don't know.

https://www.ctpost.com/policereports...T-15735442.php

https://greenwichfreepress.com/news/...rships-152066/

Suspect Indicted for Alleged Role in CT Car Theft Ring Targeting Car Dealerships
By: GREENWICHFREEPRESS | January 3, 2021
Email Print
On December 22, 2020, a federal grand jury in New Haven returned a five-count indictment charging a Bronx, NY man with offenses stemming from his alleged role in a car theft ring operating in Connecticut and New York.

Josepher Y. Cartagena, 24, has been detained since his arrest on December 23. He appeared Monday via video conference before a US Magistrate Judge and entered a plea of not guilty.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:45 AM

21,634 posts, read 31,242,597 times
Quote:
Maybe organized crime was the wrong term. You're thinking Mafia and the movies
Though they were very involved in auto crimes as well. Incremental business. It all adds up.

I should have said "A Car theft ring" network that specializes in car theft. The attached sound pretty organized and lucrative and led by adults.
Maybe the new juvenile laws exasperated things, could be, I don't know.

https://www.ctpost.com/policereports...T-15735442.php

https://greenwichfreepress.com/news/...rships-152066/

Suspect Indicted for Alleged Role in CT Car Theft Ring Targeting Car Dealerships
By: GREENWICHFREEPRESS | January 3, 2021
Email Print
On December 22, 2020, a federal grand jury in New Haven returned a five-count indictment charging a Bronx, NY man with offenses stemming from his alleged role in a car theft ring operating in Connecticut and New York.

Josepher Y. Cartagena, 24, has been detained since his arrest on December 23. He appeared Monday via video conference before a US Magistrate Judge and entered a plea of not guilty.
A 24 year old is not the “head of the ring”; it’s likely the older brother, cousin or former classmate of the juveniles. This is not some organized street crime ring - its criminal juveniles looking to commit crimes. Careful of media sensationalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut