Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 04:00 AM

17 posts, read 11,794 times

Advertisements

I have to add that my parent's doctors never contracted Covid, before vaccination, or after. Despite crazy long hours between hospitals and medical buildings for 2 years. When I asked them why they thought- they told me N95 masks. Though I hate wearing it, I have worn N95's when out because I feel I am helping protect the spread so the vulnerable do not get sick.
As for the cloth masks, my Kindergartner went mask-free to school for the first time in 2 years. He got sick 5 times this year! Definitely from school because he isn't anywhere else much indoors. (never Covid). The cloth masks do little. I just feel we all needed to do as much as we can to help prevent spread...so for me it was the best quality mask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 05:48 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Did it go on longer than needed? Yeah, likely. But it was not solely for optics, there were valid scientific reasons when the spikes were bad. Saying every moment of it was for optics is the real tin foil hat stuff.
It's worse than that. It's denigrating the hundreds of school-age children who died from Covid, and/or unwittingly spread it to their loved ones at home.

Old 03-03-2022, 07:48 AM

6,904 posts, read 3,742,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
When you have a state that demands young children cover their faces for nearly two years, most of which is solely for optics, then yes, that’s horrifying. And frankly, shame on the state of CT for keeping this ridiculous mandate for so long.
CT residents aren't horrified though. They're living the dream.
Other than that, I agree with all this. What's the issue? where's the disconnect?
Pfizer's in panic mode now. Emergency board meetings. They need a new variant, and fast.

Old 03-03-2022, 07:52 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Did it go on longer than needed? Yeah, likely. But it was not solely for optics, there were valid scientific reasons when the spikes were bad. Saying every moment of it was for optics is the real tin foil hat stuff.
That’s the point, exactly. It went on far longer than needed and was solely for political purposes and optics. The entire second half of Connecticut’s mask mandates (mid 2021 and on) were optics only. Full stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
It's worse than that. It's denigrating the hundreds of school-age children who died from Covid, and/or unwittingly spread it to their loved ones at home.
Just more virtue signaling.

Old 03-03-2022, 07:47 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
I think it’s time we put the handling of the pandemic behind us. The politics behind it were horrific on both sides and we have so much more important things to worry about today. Politicians and others need to shut up and stop shaming the other side. And shame on those that do. Their overinflated egos and poor leadership qualities are showing and they need to take their own advice and move on. The same goes for the arguing here. Jay

Old 03-04-2022, 11:39 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,206,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I think it’s time we put the handling of the pandemic behind us. The politics behind it were horrific on both sides and we have so much more important things to worry about today. Politicians and others need to shut up and stop shaming the other side. And shame on those that do. Their overinflated egos and poor leadership qualities are showing and they need to take their own advice and move on. The same goes for the arguing here. Jay
OMG. Thanks for posting that. 100% agree and why I took a break from this thread.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:40 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:

Truth be told, the senseless war in Ukraine is taking COVID off the news radar a lot more and a lot faster than George Floyd and the protests ever did......

Old 03-04-2022, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
OMG. Thanks for posting that. 100% agree and why I took a break from this thread.
You know, I blame you for this entire pandemic. Over two years ago you started this and at first we all poo-pooed your concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I won't use the word panic but I am more than concerned about this coronavirus, especially now that someone in Middletown is being tested for it.
On Christmas Day Santa brought me the flu, which I tested positive for Influenza A. I have had flu before but none this severe,possibly because I am older now. I had a 102 fever for 2 days then gradually went down but I had a fever for 5 days. I was really sick and exhausted and this bout of the flu really shook me up because once you hit 50 your ways of thinking change. I am actually still getting rid of the tail end of the cough that comes with the flu. So now that I am finally feeling on the mend this coronavirus is making headlines and I am pretty nervous about it. Anyone else?
Well here we are just over two years and 7,200+ posts later and your original concerns were more than justified. The world got turned on its ear. The politics and conspiracy theories started and our heads spun. No wonder you took a break. I think we’d all like to. Jay

Old 03-05-2022, 05:21 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,206,946 times
Quote:
You know, I blame you for this entire pandemic. Over two years ago you started this and at first we all poo-pooed your concern.

Well here we are just over two years and 7,200+ posts later and your original concerns were more than justified. The world got turned on its ear. The politics and conspiracy theories started and our heads spun. No wonder you took a break. I think we’d all like to. Jay
Lol. Yep....because I followed medical advice from my sisters and other family members in healthcare. I refuse to get involved in political or conspiracy theory stuff.....which is where a lot of posts have been leaning towards lately. Taking a break has helped a lot. I did check in here and there and read some posts and then left.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:37 PM

Please return to the topic of the OP and forum. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut