Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 05:19 AM

12,227 posts, read 8,136,657 times

Advertisements

West Hartford, Avon and Simsbury have solid spots. Even for regular bar style pizza... its better than bar style pizza in say, Morristown NJ or Long Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 07:27 AM

7,103 posts, read 3,858,925 times
Who doesn't have solid spots? it's pizza after all.
"Bad pizza" is only bad within the context of pizza. That's like saying there a bad beaches.
While I might say Colony or Post Corner or Hope Street are terrible, I'm still going to choose them over a dish of liver and onions with a side of peas and brussell sprouts.

Old 02-27-2024, 10:17 AM

35,097 posts, read 57,224,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Who doesn't have solid spots? it's pizza after all.
"Bad pizza" is only bad within the context of pizza. That's like saying there a bad beaches.
While I might say Colony or Post Corner or Hope Street are terrible, I'm still going to choose them over a dish of liver and onions with a side of peas and brussell sprouts.
You really need to get out to other parts of the country. There are places where Pizza Hut or Domino’s are the solid spots. I have friends who moved to a small town in the Midwest and they would drive over an hour to go to Pizza Hut. That was the best there was in their state.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You really need to get out to other parts of the country. There are places where Pizza Hut or Domino’s are the solid spots. I have friends who moved to a small town in the Midwest and they would drive over an hour to go to Pizza Hut. That was the best there was in their state.
I don't have Pizza Hut, ever! but if I have to choose between Pizza Hut and blood sausage, I'm going with Pizza Hut all day. I'm choosing dough, tomato sauce and mozz over pig entrails.
Of course it isn't as good as NH style, I know that.
Would I choose Zuppardi's or Christos over Joe Schmo's Pizzaria in Topeka, KS? of course, that's silly

Old 02-27-2024, 11:26 AM

21,895 posts, read 28,275,807 times
Quote:
I’d rather not eat “bad” pizza. I’ve had some I could barely finish. It’s also a ton of calories and pretty terrible for you, so it better be great.

That said, there was a time when Dominos tipsy at 2am was great. But yes, I’ve had pizza that’s far worse than Dominos.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:32 AM

35,097 posts, read 57,224,559 times
Dave Portnoy of Barstool fame sings another praise of New Haven pizza. This one is for John & Maria’s in East Haven. Anyone been there?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTL1xrrvh/

Old 02-27-2024, 11:37 AM

21,895 posts, read 28,275,807 times
Quote:
Dave Portnoy of Barstool fame sings another praise of New Haven pizza. This one is for John & Maria’s in East Haven. Anyone been there?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTL1xrrvh/
Never been but he reviewed that in 2019

Old 02-27-2024, 03:53 PM

6,325 posts, read 5,198,828 times
Quote:
Amen. Oh God, I just spent a week in Central Ohio, it's like a wasteland for pizza. Everywhere you go, you get served a literal sea of white uncooked cheese on top of bready thick crust!

Old 02-27-2024, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Amen. Oh God, I just spent a week in Central Ohio, it's like a wasteland for pizza. Everywhere you go, you get served a literal sea of white uncooked cheese on top of bready thick crust!
You went out for pizza every day in central Ohio? Why

Old 02-27-2024, 05:28 PM

442 posts, read 185,960 times
Might be nostalgia from the college days but every once in a while (every few years), the dominos order of cheesy bread hits different, in a good way it’s not fine cuisine but does the trick under the right circumstances.

CT does pizza well. It’s a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut