Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2024, 10:22 AM

83,641 posts, read 75,763,425 times

Advertisements

Had sun before and was like YES! Didn't last long. GREAT DAY otherwise... just really tired of clouds in Spring.

No wonder why our Vitamin D levels are low in the area. Mine was at 20! Supplements helped boost it to 50. been checking every 3 months since last year. Doctors don't mind when its low, lots of ailments happen.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2024, 10:46 AM

10,296 posts, read 15,167,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Had sun before and was like YES! Didn't last long. GREAT DAY otherwise... just really tired of clouds in Spring.
CT definitely needs to take a break with the clouds. It should be reminded it isn’t Seattle. In a way reminds me of Florida. It’s called the sunshine state, yet often it rains everyday and there are always clouds in the afternoon even if during day break there are none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium
No wonder why our Vitamin D levels are low in the area. Mine was at 20! Supplements helped boost it to 50. been checking every 3 months since last year. Doctors don't mind when its low, lots of ailments happen.
You should keep Vitamin D in healthy levels. It helps fight off things like a COVID infection with making its effects come through weaker than otherwise.

Sometimes a low Vitamin D is genetic and you need to take supplements even if you live in a sunny tropical place as it will always be low.

I was diagnosed with low Vitamin D about a year before COVID, so I started taking supplements as indicated and my Vitamin D levels have been fine ever since. The point is that about a year later COVID hit (not me, but the world went crazy with the shutdown, the masks, etc.) Then it turns out that people with healthy levels of Vitamin D when infected with COVID often had a milder form. Sounds good to me. lol

I never knew if I was ever infected by COVID or not. If it did, it had no effect on me. I wonder, if that was the case, if the Vitamin D level had anything to do with that? Say without the Vitamin D supplement the COVID would had been mild, but with Vitamin D it eliminated that or something.

Old 05-19-2024, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I was diagnosed with low Vitamin D about a year before COVID, so I started taking supplements as indicated and my Vitamin D levels have been fine ever since.
Just to reply to this not to stay off topic but I'm not sure it made a difference because I had very low D levels during Covid and was in the car with someone that ended up having it...twice and I didn't get it. Maybe I did but just asymptomatic. But yes, since bring Vitamin D to better levels the body has seen a difference! Big.

Speaking of D .................. Sun is out!! Man it feels good especially with the breeze. Gees! Finally. Note the temps where the sun is.. 70s.

Old 05-19-2024, 04:09 PM

1,057 posts, read 366,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
This week's upcoming warm to hot weather (does it get to 90 in Bradley?) will probably do it even though the rest of the month is trending cooler.

Interesting given that Bridgeport and NYC are near to slightly below normal for the month so far (BDR +0.3, Central Park -0.3)
No doubt that this will be an interesting week heat wise. With full sun (finally!), a southwest flow, and subsidence, it will feel like late May on the East Coast this week.

NWS Bradley may get to 90 F based on the forecast this week. The hottest temp so far this May at Bradley has been 84 F - I would guess they have a good chance of beating that this week. Bridgeport's highest temp has been 76 F....and Central Park 84 F. My guess is that all three stations have a good chance of beating those highs this week.

Wed looks like the hottest day.

Attached Thumbnails
Connecticut Weather Discussion 4-hothartford.jpg  

Last edited by simonusa3; 05-19-2024 at 04:25 PM..

Old 05-19-2024, 06:14 PM

11,344 posts, read 18,980,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I was diagnosed with low Vitamin D about a year before COVID, so I started taking supplements as indicated and my Vitamin D levels have been fine ever since. The point is that about a year later COVID hit (not me, but the world went crazy with the shutdown, the masks, etc.) Then it turns out that people with healthy levels of Vitamin D when infected with COVID often had a milder form. Sounds good to me. lol

I never knew if I was ever infected by COVID or not. If it did, it had no effect on me. I wonder, if that was the case, if the Vitamin D level had anything to do with that? Say without the Vitamin D supplement the COVID would had been mild, but with Vitamin D it eliminated that or something.

I think there is something to it. I'm similar in this sense and I never officially had COVID until late last month. And even then it didn't even last a week. It was intense (I even had a 104 fever for a day) but short lived.

Old 05-20-2024, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I think there is something to it. I'm similar in this sense and I never officially had COVID until late last month. And even then it didn't even last a week. It was intense (I even had a 104 fever for a day) but short lived.
That seems to make sense. There seems to be a positive effect on overall health with increased sunshine (to a limit).

I've read that in very sun challenged locations (ex. Pacific Northwest, NW England, northern Russia...etc) the lack of sun and production of Vitamin D has impacts on health and even mental health. I saw a documentary once on how Russians undergo ultraviolet light therapy in winter due to the lack of sunshine. In here in the USA, esp in winter, places like Seattle can often go 3 "weeks" without seeing any sun at all. Think about that from an East Coast perspective - when we go 3 or 4 days with no sun we get rattled. LOL

Old 05-20-2024, 06:22 AM

No sun this morning.

https://www.suncalc.org/#/41.4782,-7...5.20/08:14/1/3

Old 05-20-2024, 06:23 AM

Forecast today and much of this week looks on track. This should be a pretty calm week of weather across the Tri-State area. Low stratus clouds will burn off by mid day with increasing sun, temps should get into the 70's F in most locations.

High pressure will work it's way from off Long Island south toward the North Carolina/se Virginia area this week. High temps this week should be near 80 F at the beaches and mid - 80's F inland (maybe upper 80's F in some spots by mid week). Will be interesting to see if Bradley can hit 90 F Wed?

Attached Thumbnails
Connecticut Weather Discussion 4-hptwrr.jpg   Connecticut Weather Discussion 4-twlb.jpg  

Last edited by simonusa3; 05-20-2024 at 06:47 AM..

Old 05-20-2024, 06:30 AM

Updated CPC output shows continued above normal temps in the eastern USA/East Coast, and below normal West Coast right until the end of the month:

While I'm sure all area NWS stations will go above normal this week, NWS Bradley is still well in front, currently is 3.2 F ABOVE NORMAL...will be interesting to see what it is by month's end

NWS Bradley as of yesterday with 3.2 F above normal and .22 in below normal precip:

Attached Thumbnails
Connecticut Weather Discussion 4-ghty67.jpg  

Old 05-20-2024, 10:17 AM

12 Pm weather round up in Tri-State area....looks like stratus has burned off already...sunny skies now and temperatures crossing 70 F in a few locations.

Central Park, Chester, and Danbury warmest spots.

Just got inside, forgot how strong the sun is this time of year...get that sunscreen on people.

Attached Thumbnails
Connecticut Weather Discussion 4-nyfhry.jpg   Connecticut Weather Discussion 4-ct12pmf.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut