Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 04:27 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
LOL, did Trump save the US? He won because he was on TV.

Like I said before at least Bobby V. never went bankrupt in any of his professional endeavors and he never swindled people of out of money like Trump (like Trump University). Oh yes and there is that little thing like Bobby V. was never a traitor to his own country.

My sister-in-law is at Sacred Heart University and he grew the sports program there which means HE BOUGHT MORE MONEY INTO THE SCHOOL. He started with a small restaurant in Stamford and he grew that too SO HE BOUGHT MORE MONEY INTO STAMFORD.

Stamford should be a way bigger city by now (not just by population but economically) and could have way more business. In the 1970's through the early 1980's Stamford was one of the fasted growing cities for Corporate Headquarters in the US and then that slowed down dramatically. I hate to give away my age but I saw all that in Stamford (in the 1970's to early 1980's) so I know of what I speak.

Do you know how everyone on here says "Connecticut needs a major city" Stamford could be and should be that city if it was shepherded along properly.

I know a lot of this because both my grandfathers were Stamford businessmen.....my dad was a Stamford business men and many of my aunts and uncles were too.
What the heck does Trump have to do with Bobby V? It’s certainly not TV - Cynthia Nixon ran in NY and lost in a landslide.

I guess we’ll see how Bobby V fares but without a D next to his name [in a Connecticut city], he’s going to have an uphill battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 07:36 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,184,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I don't know what Trump or bankrupties or traitors have to do with anything.
Stamford has plenty of business everywhere you look. It slaps you in the face. It's the only place in CT where driving around town reminds me of driving around LA. Business and car clausterphobia.
He'll probably win because he's popular in town, that's about it though. Hybrid WFH dictates Corp office space growth going forward now, not popular mayors.
Agree, he will probably win on his popularity alone.
But I'd take Trump over him any day if he decided to run!

Joe Scarborough still lives in New Canaan I believe. He downsized around 17.
See him at Sbux downtown often.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:26 PM

6,904 posts, read 3,742,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Agree, he will probably win on his popularity alone.
But I'd take Trump over him any day if he decided to run!

Joe Scarborough still lives in New Canaan I believe. He downsized around 17.
See him at Sbux downtown often.
You think Trump might run for mayor of Stamford?

This is Bobby V and Stamford were talking about here. Easy win. It's a layup. Hopefully it doesn't mimic his short lived tenure in Boston. What a disaster.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:06 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,184,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
You think Trump might run for mayor of Stamford?

This is Bobby V and Stamford were talking about here. Easy win. It's a layup. Hopefully it doesn't mimic his short lived tenure in Boston. What a disaster.
Agree, it's Bobby V's to lose......Trump running.....no way. Just had to put it out there for entertainment value!

Old 05-15-2021, 10:25 AM

328 posts, read 425,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
What the heck does Trump have to do with Bobby V?
Trump considered Bobby for Ambassador to Japan. Tho running as an independent Valentine has long been a Republican; in 2014, he hit the campaign trail with then-New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to support Republican gubernatorial nominee Tom Foley.

Old 05-18-2021, 12:11 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
British adult beverage company Diageo has opened its high tech Collaboration Center at its Stamford headquarters. Sounds wonderful. Jay

https://westfaironline.com/136279/fo...s-in-stamford/

Old 05-18-2021, 01:39 PM

420 posts, read 1,369,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
British adult beverage company Diageo has opened its high tech Collaboration Center at its Stamford headquarters. Sounds wonderful. Jay

https://westfaironline.com/136279/fo...s-in-stamford/
I'll be the first to sign up to test the latest Johnnie Walker Blue

Old 06-15-2021, 10:16 PM

222 posts, read 348,531 times
https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/liv...src=sthpdesecp

If it’s anything like the one in New Haven, this is a HUGE win for downtown Stamford

Old 06-22-2021, 08:25 AM

69 posts, read 57,998 times
Looks like Philips Morris , maker of Marlboro cigarettes is moving it Headquarters from New York to South West Connecticut, probably Stamford.

Old 06-22-2021, 02:31 PM

830 posts, read 1,093,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connetquoter View Post
Looks like Philips Morris , maker of Marlboro cigarettes is moving it Headquarters from New York to South West Connecticut, probably Stamford.
Interesting, they previously had a headquarters in Rye Brook right on the Greenwich border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut