Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:04 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,085,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcoldplay11 View Post
I feel bad, certainly. However, one must question this in its entirety. I read an article about his diagnosis, which stated that his doctors found the cancer in JUNE. Why is it now (tomorrow is August) that he decides to make the announcement?
Well, he won't have to meet constituents during the break. He'll be taking care of his health. This avoids embarrassing questions about his finances, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 11:01 AM

60 posts, read 220,991 times
This is all so shady, so Dodd-like.

I'm sorry he has cancer, but I was hoping he'd use this as a reason NOT to run.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:54 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Well, he won't have to meet constituents during the break. He'll be taking care of his health. This avoids embarrassing questions about his finances, etc.
Winnar.

With all the woo-hah from our very well-paid PUBLIC SERVANTS in the last few days about how they're getting backlash for not serving their constituents, this is convenient.

I just had to see how this was taken here in the CT forum. I can't find a lick about it anywhere.

I did find a few articles on Yahoo! about how some congresspuds will not host town halls, because they can't take the heat now.

People didn't care the last decade or so as long as the economy was blowing enough smoke that money could be made on flipping houses or some "dot com" could make people money until it was wondered how they made a profit that justified a huge stock IPO...about damn time that changed!

Only one way to describe that new wave of idiocy on Capitol Hill:

Old 08-02-2009, 03:29 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcoldplay11 View Post
I feel bad, certainly. However, one must question this in its entirety. I read an article about his diagnosis, which stated that his doctors found the cancer in JUNE. Why is it now (tomorrow is August) that he decides to make the announcement? Perhaps to diffuse his most recent scandal which is being investigated by the Ethics Commission? Or to increase his poll numbers by way of sympathy? I truly am sorry though for his diagnosis. Cancer is no joke. However, one must be wary...
Prostate cancer usually has a good prognosis, and I certainly hope he recovers as everyone should.
But I just don't have confidence in anything this guy says or does. Every time I see him on TV the two words phony and corrupt always come into my mind. It's time for him to go. But he has oogles of dough and he'll have the powerful Democratic machine behind him. He'll also fly in the Democratic bigwigs from all over the country, including Obama himself, to pitch for him. Despite all the news about his corruption, don't underestimate him. It won't be easy. It will take a coalition, such as Lieberman formed, of Democrats, independents, and Republicans.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:29 PM

55 posts, read 121,370 times
He was a John McCain supporter.... I don't wish him bad things but I am saving my prayers for my loved ones!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:45 PM

10,062 posts, read 14,434,667 times
I feel bad for him and his family. But, I don't particularly like the guy all that much, in terms of his politics. Maybe he is using this as some political forum--and if so, that's pathetic.

I wish him well and hope he did catch the cancer early, so that it has not spread.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:42 AM

41 posts, read 116,950 times
Default Dodd

One would think he would get medical help in Connecticut like all of us could only get with our health coverage, but wait he like his buddy Ted get to go anywhere even out of state, who pays for this ? Your taxes.

Is that the same coverage we the tax payers get?

Oh wait I will get the same coverage as the boys in Washington says Obama, but wait news flash we don't we only get to pay for it.

I hope if I ever get sick I can go to the best place in the world like Dodd and his buddies for free.

But I don't think so

Old 08-03-2009, 09:07 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,085,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialifts View Post
One would think he would get medical help in Connecticut like all of us could only get with our health coverage, but wait he like his buddy Ted get to go anywhere even out of state, who pays for this ? Your taxes.

Is that the same coverage we the tax payers get?
Of course not. There is a good article on the difference between our health coverage and Senatorial health coverage in the LA Times:

Congress' own healthcare benefits: Membership has its privileges - Los Angeles Times

They have repeatedly shown that they have no intention of dropping down to the level of coverage they are proposing for the rest of us.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:40 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,844,715 times
I think we should all be very worried about the proposed rationed health care that may be in store for us.

I wish Mr. Dodd all the best for a speedy recovery.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:38 PM

438 posts, read 1,197,015 times
...as opposed to the rationed health care that we're currently enjoying? What HMOs offer is rationed health care, in every sense of the word, and anyone who claims otherwise is not being honest (to put it charitably).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut