Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 07:16 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,676 times

Advertisements

600 People Involved in Movie Theater Brawl, 5 Arrested

Stories like this seem more common these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 07:21 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
I haven't been to one in four years. Comes out in video in a few months, I can wait. Many of the movie theaters I once went to are gone. I may not go the rest of my life.

Last edited by pvande55; 12-27-2013 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: Awkwardness

Old 12-27-2013, 07:42 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
We don't get brawls in movie theaters around here.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:48 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Not in years, and even the last one was in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday.

WSVN-TV - Mall curfew goes into effect

The link above was a result of a large fight in 08/2010. The mall overall got better since the curfew, use to have roving packs of teens taking up space, yet not purchasing anything, plus harass, stare, etc at about every woman there. These people would lean on people's cars and talk, and you would have to basically push them away with your car as they will not move for you.

There are teens there now, but not the same idiotic type as before, or they toned it down.

I do not see any of this stuff any more at that mall (it is the one I go to here in Miami).

Old 12-27-2013, 07:53 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
The last movie I saw in a theater was the Fast and the Furious back in 2001. Like others, I now wait until they are out on DVD. I will never go to a theater again.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:58 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
I love going to the movies. Especially those that I think will be more fun on a big screen or in 3D. Saw Frozen a couple of weeks ago.

I have never experienced a brawl or a disturbance at a movie theater.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:08 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
We don't get brawls in movie theaters around here.
yeah, I think a little common sense goes a long way. I also saw an article about a flash mob at kings plaza mall in Brooklyn. I lived a couple of miles from that mall and went there a few times. eventually, I told my wife that the mall is banned from places we visit.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:22 PM

541 posts, read 861,363 times
Yes, due to finding the floors can be sticky, sometimes it smells really bad (like puke), stuff stuck on seats that doesn't appear to be very old and idiots using cell phones at all times. And that previous shooting at the theater in Colorado didn't help either.

I'm doing great with RedBox.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:39 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,458,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
600 People Involved in Movie Theater Brawl, 5 Arrested

Stories like this seem more common these days.

Haven't been to a conventional theater (multiplex mall type) since 2001. As the attendees and social behaviors devolve (talking to friend / family non stop, and even verbalizing to the characters on the screen, along with the usual assortment of slovenly behaviors, cell phones ringing , glowing mobile devices etc... and lack of cleanliness) I will not go to them.

I do like going to see retro classics when shown in historic big screen old time theaters for the ambience and experience for which they were meant to be displayed versus small screens.
The uncivil inconsiderate type generally do not find them of interest, so it is still a pleasant experience.

With the condensed cycle of release, other options such as Hulu, Netflix, Library etc... make it a no brainer. I control the environment and the movie can speak on its own merits or be 'shortened' and I don't feel as if I wasted hours of my life.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:40 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,838,435 times
We are fine waiting till it comes out on satellite. I have no desire to wait in line, to be stuffed in a room where the volume is out of my control, and if I need to got to the bathroom I miss a lot of the show. People muttering at different scenes, and, yes, cell calls are even more reasons I feel Movie theaters will most likely become dinosaurs one of these days. Especially with Netflix, Redbox, and technology like Roku will make staying at home to watch shows much more appealing. Besides, we are at the age we enjoy sitting in our P.J.'s on the couch, with the remote nearby, watching the movie in the comfort of our home. The last movie we went to was Avatar, and the only reason we went was to check out 3-D. I liked it, but it made my wife a little ill, plus she had a hard time with the 3-D glasses since she wears prescription glasses to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events