Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 03:12 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
After another black teen thug had punched a lady school bus driver in the face, President Barack HUSSEIN Obama claimed him as his hypothetical son.

Yes, yes, if Barack HUSSEIN Obama had a son he would resemble this thug also.

Will Barack HUSSEIN Obama stick his nose into this case also ?
Only, and only if Zimmerman kills him! Love how folks seem to throw President Obama into everything when race is a factor. Weak comment, Teddy52!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 03:21 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
I'm sure the young man thinks he is tough, but he will discover there are many men in prison much tougher. The article doesn't mention it being a Special Education class, but several years ago, a huge percentage of students in such a class end up in prison.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:27 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
He should watch his mother and grandmother pushed to the ground like that.
Filthy ignorant waste of time.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:27 PM

8,050 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Fat boy is a tough guy knocking down a little old lady. If that was my Mom me and fat boy would spend some quality time together.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:28 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Only, and only if Zimmerman kills him! Love how folks seem to throw President Obama into everything when race is a factor. Weak comment, Teddy52!
But, it's true. The president HAS put himself into situations where he has no business. The president puts himself into "everything" when race in a factor. It is uncalled for and should not be done. When he let himself become involved in that case, he was way out of line.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:58 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
Don't you think that violence leads to violence?
No. Talking doesn't work with some people. And spanking isn't violence.

What would have great to see is someone else get and beat the brute's ass, but I should know not to expect that from most people.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:52 PM

103 posts, read 134,875 times
Oh. It's you.

Anyway, I think it says something about the boy that he turned himself in. He still has some good in him - even if it's just a tiny bit - and it needs to be preserved before he turns into yet another blight on society. The boy deserves to be punished for the phone and for what he did to the teacher. Alternative school for the remainder of the year, at the very least. Probation for a year. Some sort of restitution, if possible. Perhaps community service in an senior residence center. Take that tiny bit of good and try to make it grow. That won't happen in prison, or even juvy.

As a sub, I also think it was a mistake to try to take the boy's phone, even though she had every right to. Discipline is a very weird, tricky, "hill you want to die on" kind of thing when you sub with older kids. Never confiscate a student's property is probably one of the first things they teach you. We don't know what kind of classroom their regular teacher keeps - and if his/hers was lax and you call yourself trying to be Mr. or Ms. Hard Tail, it can be a disaster.

I tend to compromise on this one. You're a sub and they're going to try it. They're kids - it's nothing personal. I just tell them to put the thing up. If it happens again, I'll ask the kid to either turn over the battery or I'll call the front office and have security come and get him. I've only ever once had to call the front office, and the kid was genuinely shocked that I wasn't bluffing. His own classmates didn't feel sorry for him. Notice how a female student stuck up for the teacher? I've found that most kids are like that. I'm not surprised to see the class acting as they are, though. Kids in packs can be buttheads, even the best ones.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:45 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
Subs are supposed to enforce the rules of the classroom just like a regular classroom teacher. She did what she was she knew was right. This kid is a criminal and deserves to be treated as such, no pity, no probation. He deserves jail time. It is assault plain and simple. If he receives a pat on the wrist like alternative school, he will continue to act in the same manner. He turned himself in hoping to get off easy. He should never have put his hands on the substitute to start with. If she had pushed him down what would have happened to her? Jail time I am sure.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:49 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
But, it's true. The president HAS put himself into situations where he has no business. The president puts himself into "everything" when race in a factor. It is uncalled for and should not be done. When he let himself become involved in that case, he was way out of line.
Your opinion. I personally see that as the President of the United States, everything is HIS BUSINESS. I may not be a fan of his politics, but I do know that he has been one of the most disrespected Presidents of this country.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:00 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,287,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Your opinion. I personally see that as the President of the United States, everything is HIS BUSINESS. I may not be a fan of his politics, but I do know that he has been one of the most disrespected Presidents of this country.
This really bothers me, and people were just as guilty of GW's treatment. I don't believe a president knowingly does harm to America. I read Robert Gates book and have respect for all our presidents even if I disagree over certain issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events