Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 12:23 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,287,540 times

Advertisements

It is ironic that some perceive that standing up for working class rights is evil. I just don't understand the concept that less wages and benefits helps Americans. I see these men & women standing up for peoples rights as Patriots and Hero's. in Denmark the minimum wage is $21 per hour and the Big Mac costs 50 cents more. We should be ashamed as a nation that working men and women have to live in poverty in the largest economy in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 12:28 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
It is ironic that some perceive that standing up for working class rights is evil. I just don't understand the concept that less wages and benefits helps Americans. I see these men & women standing up for peoples rights as Patriots and Hero's. in Denmark the minimum wage is $21 per hour and the Big Mac costs 50 cents more. We should be ashamed as a nation that working men and women have to live in poverty in the largest economy in the world.
Agreed.

Odd to me that people standing in solidarity with their working brethren is now considered negatively.
I wouldn't be surprised if some number of those protesting were standing in for friends and relatives who had to work because they had to work.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:15 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
But why are the protesting @ McDonalds Corp HQ. 80% of the Stores are not company owned stores. Are they trying just to get rise at the Company own'ed stores? They should be out in front of each franchise owner home for the other 80%.

Saw a Automatized Hamburger system on the news. Reduces the FastFood place to 2-3 people per store/Shift.

One to assist the customer at the kiosk, One to feed "Food" into the machine, Drive Thru is done thru a App, you just drive up the to window, they hand the bag out, (Pre-Paid).

one to fix it as needed (Roving between many stores). They said each store would have two system.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:57 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
This biased piece is brought to you by.

Erick Erickson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's an anti working class aristocrat. Like Sarah Palin he resigned he's elected position for money in broadcasting as another paid liar.
How do you feel about Obama resigning for more money???

Old 05-23-2014, 02:29 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
And in New Zealand, employees make the equivalent of $12.35 and the Big Mac is a nickel cheaper.

Go figure.

Working At McDonald's Is Starkly Different In These 3 Countries

Old 05-23-2014, 02:32 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post

Ohmahgawd! That can't be. I am stunned. Absolutely shocked. There must be a mistake in this report @ Send In The Clowns: 84% of McDonald
Dude, check your source! Erickson is a notorious union-basher. Do you any critical thinking skills at all, or do you just look for stuff that confirms what you want to believe?

Old 05-23-2014, 03:58 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
Would not surprise me that they are not mcdonalds workers, but rent a mobs, if it is a liberal protest it is never as it seems, 2 show up and the media reports it as a hundreds, thousands show up at a conservative event and it is a small crowd. As for Erickson at least he can use English correctly, You used He's, a contraction for he is, must be a product of public education. Oh, and if you would do any research, you would find out the reason Palin resigned she was being sued into personal bankruptcy with frivolous lawsuits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
For the same reason that I have yet to see an actual Walmart employee complaining about Walmart.
This is how the conservative squash protests. They know all that needs to be done is to circulate anti-liberal bunk and the conservative sheep will bite, regardless of truth. It baffles me to no end why this country has become anti pro labor.
I used to work for a company that serviced the point-of-sale equipment for Wal-Mart. You don't think they complain? Get an employee someplace where they don't think anyone will hear them.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:25 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
It baffles me to no end why this country has become anti pro labor.
You and me both.

I've worked union and I've worked non-union. I'll take union any day of the week.

Unions set the bar for wages, benefits, and safety/working conditions for all of us. When the unions are gone, we'll be working for peanuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I used to work for a company that serviced the point-of-sale equipment for Wal-Mart. You don't think they complain? Get an employee someplace where they don't think anyone will hear them.

Not only complain, but file lawsuits.

More than one person has told me that they were told to arrive early or stay after their shift, work through breaks, and/or attend training they weren’t paid for. Several told me on separate occasions that their supervisors were only allotted so many work hours so they asked them if they could they stay after their shift and clean the break room.

Many complain about fluctuating hours scheduled to work, discrimination against women...

Old 05-23-2014, 05:15 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,616,772 times
I'm not sure what point the OP thinks s/he is making.

99% of the pro-Cliven Bundy protestors aren't Bundys. 100% of anti-abortion protestors weren't aborted.

Actually, this is kind of a fun game. [Doesn't prove a whit, but still, kinda fun]

Old 05-23-2014, 05:18 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post

Ohmahgawd! That can't be. I am stunned. Absolutely shocked. There must be a mistake in this report @ Send In The Clowns: 84% of McDonald
I'm sure the support was appreciated by the employees. Knowing someone has your back always helps those who struggle the hardest in an uphill fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events