Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 10:33 AM

792 posts, read 634,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Maybe but the point was valid
an opportunity is never missed by our government to disarm the people and the police tend to inflate their achievements and minimize their shortcomings impression management of the civil servant
Your hunting rifle will not stop a federal tank. If the government wants to get you, they will and you won't stop them. That's a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 10:34 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,944,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Pretty callous comments considering it is well documented that assault weapons were used.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&type=sbc_dial

The real tragedy here is the loss of an innocent life, and mother of children, a wife, and a daughter. rather than show concern for her you're more worried about your precious political angle over guns.
It has only been documented by regurgitated reports. They found the handguns. Where is the AK47? Just because the media reports it doesn't make it true.

Now, go take a look at the pictures. 20 police officers all firing at the suspects. Who on this earth would think for a moment that the hostages weren't going to be shot?

While I agree that the criminals had to be stopped, since when is it ok to forfeit the lives of hostages to do so? It is one thing to shoot with some chance of shooting only the criminals, quite another when 20 police shoot, each one probably multiple times and knowing that the chances of not shooting the hostages is nil.

Take a look at that vehicle. Now ask yourself how anyone expected a different outcome?

This was a turkey shoot. Where was the precision rifle fire instead of everyone blazing away because that is exactly what they did and those hostages were shot by police. No police were shot. No bystanders were shot. Criminal and hostages were shot.

Thank goodness there weren't more hostages or we'd be reading how many more were shot.

What is this, the Philippines?

Instead of immediately jumping to say all is good with the decision, think real hard about what happened.

Come on.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
It has only been documented by regurgitated reports. They found the handguns. Where is the AK47? Just because the media reports it doesn't make it true.

Now, go take a look at the pictures. 20 police officers all firing at the suspects. Who on this earth would think for a moment that the hostages weren't going to be shot?

While I agree that the criminals had to be stopped, since when is it ok to forfeit the lives of hostages to do so? It is one thing to shoot with some chance of shooting only the criminals, quite another when 20 police shoot, each one probably multiple times and knowing that the chances of not shooting the hostages is nil.

Take a look at that vehicle. Now ask yourself how anyone expected a different outcome?

This was a turkey shoot. Where was the precision rifle fire instead of everyone blazing away because that is exactly what they did and those hostages were shot by police. No police were shot. No bystanders were shot. Criminal and hostages were shot.

Thank goodness there weren't more hostages or we'd be reading how many more were shot.

Instead of immediately jumping to say all is good with the decision, think real hard about what happened.

Come on.
Yeah, police need better training or better equipment. Probably both. I thought the LAPD had issued M4 carbines to most officers, where were those?

Old 07-18-2014, 11:31 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,288,797 times
Quote:
The Stockton police released a picture of a recovered AK had you watched the story I linked you would know this? But what difference does this make?
Quote:

I actually agree with the basis of this. To me we've said that the money stolen was more important than an innocent life. Whoever made the call to fire upon the vehicle was out of line, but I don't know all the facts.
Quote:

Come on.
Where have I said I approved of this? You've made an assumption! In fact, my comments have been mainly about the innocent victim here that lost her life, and not political grandstanding over gun control issues.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:57 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,239,679 times
Quote:
They found the handguns. Where is the AK47?
Here's a photo from the scene:
http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/files/2...01923655_n.jpg

http://fox40.com/2014/07/17/stockton...orcement-says/

Last edited by bigjake54; 07-18-2014 at 01:43 PM..

Old 07-18-2014, 01:03 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,261,600 times
Quote:
Pretty callous comments considering it is well documented that assault weapons were used.
But aren't they illegal in CA? How could they ignore the law?

Old 07-18-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Because not enough thought was given to enforcement, maybe. Laws are useless without enforcement. I'm a gun control advocate, and I don't propose enacting measures to restrict access without actually enforcing the laws.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Not if they were made prior to the 1994 ban, and the one in the picture looked pretty old. I know people that have legal ones in CA. However, shouldn't we be more concerned with the innocent in this topic, and not turning this in to a gun rights thread. How about the bullets that killed this women? Were they from the good guys?

Old 07-18-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Because not enough thought was given to enforcement, maybe. Laws are useless without enforcement. I'm a gun control advocate, and I don't propose enacting measures to restrict access without actually enforcing the laws.
Don't get me going about driving to Nevada and buying any firearm you want without background check!

Old 07-18-2014, 10:14 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Don't get me going about driving to Nevada and buying any firearm you want without background check!
Ummm...since when? NV has the same BGC as every other state in the union, and out of staters cannot buy firearms here. Legally, anyway. Nor can accessories, such as hi cap mags, be purchased by CA residents, and proof of residency is asked for such purchases.

Straw purchases are highly illegal, and carry stiff penalties. If a firearm you purchased , as a NV resident, gets tagged and bagged in a CA crime or even just a SN check, you WILL go down. Hard! If a straw purchased gun gets used in a crime in CA, and it traces back to you, which it will, get used to the feel of a rope around your neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events