Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 06:55 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Mike Brown was wearing FLIP FLOPS and Shorts for goodness sakes and was NOT high on any heavy drugs, so what in the world would possess him to just suddenly attack this cop just because he told him and his friend to get on the sidewalk??

Wilson murdered that kid in cold blood and he now has $2 million dollars from suckers who believed his story about the "hulking, demonic, grunting" black man that believed he was Superman and about to charge through bullets.
It wouldn't matter if he were wearing a suit and tie or anything else for that matter. The facts are in and MB got away with strong arming that shop keeper for cigarillos but he didn't get away with trying to murder DW.
BTW I just sent DW a C note, how do you like them apples?

Old 11-29-2014, 07:02 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Y
"when he [Wilson] had pulled him [Brown] into the police car" -- you actually believe that someone (who actually does not look muscled up and majorly physically fit) who is 'sitting' in a car can pull someone else in through the window, when that someone else greatly outweighs the person who is in the car?
Brown was the one who reached into the car. Wilson grabbed his arm while it was in the car.

Wow. It's easier to believe that Mike Brown (again, no known mental illnesses and wasn't hyped up on narcotics) would just suddenly become an aggressive, insane nutcase just cause the cop told him to get off the sidewalk?

You don't have to answer. I already know what you're gonna say. Oh, Darren Wilson, was 6'4", 210 pounds. He wasn't some frail short man that couldn't handle himself. Darren was upset that when he opened his door, it hit Brown and bounced back. So, instead of gently opening the door like a normal human being, he grabbed Brown by his neck pulling his head through the window. When Brown got his neck out of his grip, he then grabbed his arm and shot him.

This same cop came from another police department that was dismantled due to treating blacks like crap. Ferguson PD is known as the police department for misfits that can't get hired anywhere else in Missouri.

Quote:
Wilson has resigned from the force..
"Wilson told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch he was stepping down out of his "own free will" after the police department told him it had received threats of violence if he remained an employee."

Yeah, well he got $2 million dollar retirement chest from suckers for committing murder. I'd retire too.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:23 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
And I have learned people like you would rather the police office get killed than the criminal.

Completely untrue.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
No leap in logic, and how are both supposed to make it out alive when the criminal is trying to kill the officer?

Also, the criminal is a criminal if he is committing a crime, he is not just suspected of committing a crime.
Number one, we don't know if the suspect was trying to kill the officer because the officer killed the suspect. Judging by Wilson's injuries, its questionable.

Number two, a suspect is a suspect until he is found guilty or not guilt in a court of law.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:26 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,788 times
As far as I recall, the painting of MB as an angel came before anything else, this is the result of the spin that the so-called civil rights people who swooped in to hijack the issue. Have we all forgotten MB's now completely debunked scripted rendition of the initial encounter with DW? His diction would have made Shakespeare proud... Many of the initial claims by other supposed witnesses have been proven to be wrong. Even the "protesters" have accepted this -- no more do you hear "hands up! don't shoot!". Now it's "black lives matter". I don't think anyone has ever suggested that MB "deserved" to be shot because he robbed a store or was walking in the middle of the street, or because he liked to flash gang signs for pics or smoked weed or was a flunky at school. I'd love for someone to cough up some examples not posted by trolls or race-baiters. The issue is specifically what happened when the confrontation began and weather or not DW was justified in feeling that he was in fear for his own safety. Certainly if the exact same scenario would have transpired but MB was white, I highly doubt DW would have reacted differently. The public response would have been different, though; Sharpton and Jackson would be nowhere to be seen, not a peep from Obama on the matter, no night-after-night of rioting, dozens of businesses wouldn't have been burned to the ground...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Generally speaking the message I've gotten from this situation and others like it is that black males pretty much have to be perfect individuals for their murders by police officers or any white person not to be justified. You have to be an A student, never gotten in any trouble with the law, never did drugs, never gotten into a fight etc.

This is why you see such a mass demonization and character assassination any time one is murdered. You can tell a lot of these commentators and people posting on the internet want to say(and many have)that they had it coming to them. "Well come on he smoked weed and got suspended from school, he wasn't some angel" etc.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
That is not correct. you are a suspect if you are suspected of a crime. If you actually commit a crime you are a criminal. Maybe you need to learn definitions. I hope you never are in a position to teach anyone's children.
Wrong.

Suspect Law & Legal Definition

SUSPECT:
Quote:
In criminal law, a suspect is someone who is under suspicion, often formally announced as being under investigation by law enforcement officials. Probable cause for an arrest exists when the facts and circumstances within the arresting officer's knowledge are sufficient to warrant a prudent person to believe that a suspect has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime.
criminal legal definition of criminal

CRIMINAL
Quote:
criminal 1) n. a popular term for anyone who has committed a crime, whether convicted of the offense or not. More properly it should apply only to those actually convicted of a crime. Repeat offenders are sometimes called habitual criminals. 2) adj. certain acts or people involved in or relating to a crime. Examples of uses include "criminal taking," "criminal conspiracy," a "criminal gang." (See: convict, felon, habitual criminal)

Old 11-29-2014, 07:32 PM

186 posts, read 239,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
As I've mentioned in other threads on this subject, it is very easy for those of us who sit safely in our comfy little homes to judge what a cop goes through on a daily basis. We hire the police to deal with people that do not think like the majority of us...........and that includes white and black criminals. I think that if any of us were cops for a month we would have a whole different perspective on how nice people are.

It must be even worse when a cop is asked to work in an area that is known to be crime riddled. Every city and town in the country has nice areas and also areas where crime is rampant. My own town has a couple of areas like that, and I would not drive through there at night under any circumstances, but we send our police officers in there to keep the peace.

Think about this...........how would you like a job where you never knew when you left your family that morning if you were going to come back to them alive that night ? That is what our police do every day of their lives. There are people out there who would think nothing of killing a cop and who carry the weapons on them to do it. We send our cops into these war zones and then we hold them to a higher standard than we hold the criminals to.

Also, think about this...........what if every cop in the country suddenly quit his or her job ? Try to imagine that world for a minute. If you think the burning and looting in Fergusen is bad, multiply that times 100,000 and that would be the outcome. Our law enforcement people keep the lid on crime so that 99% of us can go to bed at night and sleep well. But when one of them is put in a position of having to defend himself, or to deal with an out of control criminal, we get all politically correct and say they used "excessive force."

Go out and become a cop for a while and then come back and tell us armchair quarterbacks how things really are.

Don
Well said!

I wish every one of those whiners would go on ten ride-alongs in the 'hood and see all of the reality they've missed, while they were so busy being "cool" and "politically correct". The ride-alongs should occur during the evening and midnight shifts - when all of the savages are awake and in their primary element.

I'd laugh at how fast they changed their tune, after they viewed one violent crime scene (and body) after another...

Old 11-29-2014, 07:38 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So thank you for proving me correct.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:41 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Number one, we don't know if the suspect was trying to kill the officer because the officer killed the suspect. Judging by Wilson's injuries, its questionable.

Number two, a suspect is a suspect until he is found guilty or not guilt in a court of law.
you mean it is questionable to you, not most people.

number to, you are correct in criminal law definition, but a person who commits a crime is a criminal in the english definition.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:45 PM

186 posts, read 239,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
They're probably thinking that you're a credit to your race and wish everyone was like you. Again it's not about skin color love, it's about a culture and a life style that seems to attract people from a certain demographic like moth to the flame. Yes it is sad that people are racist. To ignore the facts and want to crucify a white police officer for doing his job just to vindicate that ignorant mentality is the epitome of racist. Isn't black on black crime just as racist? I'm going to burn down my community, shoot your child in the head because they're in the way of my drug activity, take what you have because I want it, shoot you in the head because you disrespected me is racism at it's finest. This mentality promotes hatred among groups of people that should be banding together to make life better. Yet we as white people are called racists because we despise that culture when in fact that culture is far more racist and destructive. Let me ask you a question. Where would you rather live? In a ghetto with boarded up buildings and thugs on every street corner or in a white community with nice houses and people that work hard for a living to make their community a safe and pleasant place? No brainer right, yet there you have it. If that ghetto community banded together and took back their community block by block and put all that negative energy into fixing up those houses for decent people to occupy then they would have what every body else has. That mentality has to wake up and smell the coffee, until then they will be despised and rightfully so.
All so very true! I don't expect the blacks to change their ways anytime soon. Therefore, blacks will continue to be extremely unwelcome in White neighborhoods, shopping districts, entertainment venues and any other places where Whites want to be shielded from typical negro behavior (which is frequently criminal and almost always offensive, in some manner)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events