Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 07:53 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
Reading threads like this really makes me wonder what the white people I work with really think about me,it's sad that people in this day and age are so racist

They're probably thinking that you're a credit to your race and wish everyone was like you. Again it's not about skin color love, it's about a culture and a life style that seems to attract people from a certain demographic like moth to the flame. Yes it is sad that people are racist. To ignore the facts and want to crucify a white police officer for doing his job just to vindicate that ignorant mentality is the epitome of racist. Isn't black on black crime just as racist? I'm going to burn down my community, shoot your child in the head because they're in the way of my drug activity, take what you have because I want it, shoot you in the head because you disrespected me is racism at it's finest. This mentality promotes hatred among groups of people that should be banding together to make life better. Yet we as white people are called racists because we despise that culture when in fact that culture is far more racist and destructive. Let me ask you a question. Where would you rather live? In a ghetto with boarded up buildings and thugs on every street corner or in a white community with nice houses and people that work hard for a living to make their community a safe and pleasant place? No brainer right, yet there you have it. If that ghetto community banded together and took back their community block by block and put all that negative energy into fixing up those houses for decent people to occupy then they would have what every body else has. That mentality has to wake up and smell the coffee, until then they will be despised and rightfully so.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:00 AM

610 posts, read 698,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
They're probably thinking that you're a credit to your race and wish everyone was like you. Again it's not about skin color love, it's about a culture and a life style that seems to attract people from a certain demographic like moth to the flame. Yes it is sad that people are racist. To ignore the facts and want to crucify a white police officer for doing his job just to vindicate that ignorant mentality is the epitome of racist. Isn't black on black crime just as racist? I'm going to burn down my community, shoot your child in the head because they're in the way of my drug activity, take what you have because I want it, shoot you in the head because you disrespected me is racism at it's finest. This mentality promotes hatred among groups of people that should be banding together to make life better. Yet we as white people are called racists because we despise that culture when in fact that culture is far more racist and destructive. Let me ask you a question. Where would you rather live? In a ghetto with boarded up buildings and thugs on every street corner or in a white community with nice houses and people that work hard for a living to make their community a safe and pleasant place? No brainer right, yet there you have it. If that ghetto community banded together and took back their community block by block and put all that negative energy into fixing up those houses for decent people to occupy then they would have what every body else has. That mentality has to wake up and smell the coffee, until then they will be despised and rightfully so.
The war on drugs and the welfare system incentivizing poverty ensure that those people will never be able to do those things. These people are not just these rogue actors, they're products of certain circumstances, as all people are. Give people freedom, and they prosper. Give people a police state, and they don't.

This is true of every country on planet Earth. As long as the government doles out welfare checks, and fights the war on drugs, poor people everywhere will stay down.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:14 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
He did get a trial, and from what I've read, it was extensive and very methodical. Just because you already have a pre-conceived idea of what constitutes a "just" outcome does not mean that you should get what you want. You are not privy to the details that were presented to the jury, and you are not part of the process. It's ridiculous to protest when you don't get what you want; that is not how our system works.

Also, while technically a "boy", he did not act like a "boy" in the most classical sense of the word. He intimidated and threatened a hapless store clerk, and he then did the same to a police officer. Do you think Michael Brown should go through life intimidating and bullying other people to get what he wants? I laugh when his parents make the TV circuit talking about the pain of losing their son. All I see is a set of parents who have failed because they raised a huge and dangerous thug. If he was a nice kid who did not rob a store minutes before this encounter, and who actually listened to the cop to get off the street...he would be very much alive today. Why did he try to fight the police? Couldn't he have just listened and get off the road? Many people, White, Asian, Hispanic, Martians etc are told to get off the road by the police everyday all across America, not just blacks.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:23 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,138,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
People are not marching against the police, we are marching against the injustice of a cop killing an unarmed boy and not being indicted.

If you read about it, you can learn that the whole "grand jury" situation is fixed in favor of the police. No one was saying, let's convict the cop.
we are saying, he should have a trial. he should not be immune.
Over 18 is an adult not a boy or a teenager. AP has laid out the rules for the media to follow when it comes to writing news stories, but the rules don't apply when writing agitator stories.

In terms of white protesters unemployed hipsters is all I got.

The really need to bring out the water cannons, tear gas, rubber bullets etc. Maybe when someone gets their clothes ripped off by a water cannon welts,, and a wet phone on a freezing night they'll stay home and drink 40's or craft beer.

The media becomes less trust worthy with every passing year

Old 11-27-2014, 08:29 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post

I wanted to respond to the post by the black man who wonders how his coworkers feel about him, but I couldn't find the right words.......but you did. I have worked side by side with many wonderful blacks over the years, and, because of the great person they were, I never really noticed their skin color. They were just another guy or gal who was trying to make it through this world and trying to do the best for their family that they could. That is no different that what decent white people, hispanics, or any other nationality does.

When I say I feel bad for the 90% of blacks who are good human beings, I sincerely mean it. They are being tarnished by the small percentage of their people who do not play by the same rules. Same with the 90% of white people who are being held accountable for the small percentage of whites who are low lifes.

Respect is earned, whether you are male, female, black, white, gay, straight, or anything else. You gain respect by who you are and how you relate to and treat others.

Don

Old 11-27-2014, 08:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
The war on drugs and the welfare system incentivizing poverty ensure that those people will never be able to do those things. These people are not just these rogue actors, they're products of certain circumstances, as all people are. Give people freedom, and they prosper. Give people a police state, and they don't.

This is true of every country on planet Earth. As long as the government doles out welfare checks, and fights the war on drugs, poor people everywhere will stay down.
A "police state" or a welfare state? They are two separate things. The former we've had for years and years, the latter has not become a "full" reality as of yet.
I would suggest you mean the latter.

Now go put those calorie counts on every edible thing or be arrested!

Old 11-27-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Over 18 is an adult not a boy or a teenager. AP has laid out the rules for the media to follow when it comes to writing news stories, but the rules don't apply when writing agitator stories.

In terms of white protesters unemployed hipsters is all I got.

The really need to bring out the water cannons, tear gas, rubber bullets etc. Maybe when someone gets their clothes ripped off by a water cannon welts,, and a wet phone on a freezing night they'll stay home and drink 40's or craft beer.

The media becomes less trust worthy with every passing year
Yes, we can't have people exercising their right to protest. Let the government repress them.

You ****ing Soviet tactician.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I wanted to respond to the post by the black man who wonders how his coworkers feel about him, but I couldn't find the right words.......but you did. I have worked side by side with many wonderful blacks over the years, and, because of the great person they were, I never really noticed their skin color. They were just another guy or gal who was trying to make it through this world and trying to do the best for their family that they could. That is no different that what decent white people, hispanics, or any other nationality does.

When I say I feel bad for the 90% of blacks who are good human beings, I sincerely mean it. They are being tarnished by the small percentage of their people who do not play by the same rules. Same with the 90% of white people who are being held accountable for the small percentage of whites who are low lifes.

Respect is earned, whether you are male, female, black, white, gay, straight, or anything else. You gain respect by who you are and how you relate to and treat others.

Don
I would concur and have had similar experiences. I would also add that any negative contact I've had with black people was a direct result of their belief that anything bad or negative that's happened to them is the direct result of slavery or racism, never their conduct.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:46 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,138,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Yes, we can't have people exercising their right to protest. Let the government repress them.

You ****ing Soviet tactician.

Arson, theft and vandalism is not protesting.

Sometimes letting things play out don't work hence rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannons are needed.

Mr. Brown got justice twice end of story.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:51 AM

No **** that rioting and looting aren't protesting. THOSE people should be arrested.

But you're using the "some ruin it for everyone" doctrine, which absolutely and unequivocally DOES NOT apply to rights. If that was the case, we could say that some people abuse freedom of speech and say hateful things, so nobody should have freedom of speech. It doesn't matter if you're talking about 50 or 10,000 or 100,000,000 people, the principle is the same.

I'm sure Vladimir Putin would love to have you in Russia.

Maybe one day when the government turns its water cannons on you for a cause you believe just and right, you'll stop being so deferential to authority and start using your own brain, without letting it be brainwashed by the filth spewed by MSNBC and Fox News and their internet and radio ilk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events