Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 10:33 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times

Advertisements

well even if it's not North Korea it wouldn't hurt to knock them down a bit and we can later deny it and suggest that it might have been Canada or Paraguay doing it to them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 11:09 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It sounds like a group of disgruntled ex-employees from the series of accusations and demands in its messages to Sony from Nov 30 to Dec 8, none of which mentioned the movie. One of them came forward anonymously. The company is getting hit by a rash of lawsuits over discrimination and harrassment as mentioned in the hacker messages.
The problem with this I doubt they would know how strong the North Korean threat would be. Also it is a little too intricate for my taste to be ex-employees. Not that they couldn't do it, but the takedown sounds too big for a simple "jilted former employee."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
well even if it's not North Korea it wouldn't hurt to knock them down a bit and we can later deny it and suggest that it might have been Canada or Paraguay doing it to them
As I said in another post the exact response from North Korea either shows that they were in fact behind the cyber attack OR they crafted their response to the US about offering to help based on the response.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:14 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Sure, they did. So did the Nigerians. Well played sir.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:35 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
I for one am not using my PS3 anymore to connect to the interweb. God knows how deep the hack goes. As of now myself and hundreds of millions of other people worldwide have credit cards logged on to Sony's PS network. What's to say there is no malware that will be installed into my network if I use my PS for anything.

Quote:
They've already reached the sophistication that they have already hacked into your brain while you were sleeping and you didn't even know it. That spot of blood on your pillow wasn't a nose bleed after all was it?

Yea so maybe you feel stupid now?

Old 12-26-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I for one am not using my PS3 anymore to connect to the interweb. God knows how deep the hack goes. As of now myself and hundreds of millions of other people worldwide have credit cards logged on to Sony's PS network. What's to say there is no malware that will be installed into my network if I use my PS for anything.

Yea so maybe you feel stupid now?
you mean for reading another one of your posts? yes, yes I do feel stupid.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:26 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times
Quote:
you mean for reading another one of your posts? yes, yes I do feel stupid.
Than you should feel really dumb after you read this one.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Than you should feel really dumb after you read this one.
not so dumb as to use rep comments to troll

Old 01-12-2015, 08:03 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Here's the full text on the latest statement by the FBI director on the attack.

FBI — Addressing the Cyber Security Threat

They still don't know how Sony's systems were hacked.

Quote:
We’re still looking to identify the vector. How did they get into Sony?

Old 01-12-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem with this I doubt they would know how strong the North Korean threat would be. Also it is a little too intricate for my taste to be ex-employees. Not that they couldn't do it, but the takedown sounds too big for a simple "jilted former employee."
Probably contacted hackers who got the files for them and protected their identity. Just as you wouldn't do a hack for your own home computer, you wouldn't do it yourself and the hacker would use intermediate servers to disguise their identity. Sony doesn't know who did it and how they got to the computer. The hardcoded pathnames and passwords make it difficult for someone on the outside to just dig up by phishing.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:26 AM

New claims by US that NSA had software embedded in NK systems that helped pinpoint the attack

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/wo...-say.html?_r=0

They claim that the NK hackers secured the account of a systems administrator through phishing attempts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events