Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2015, 12:35 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,623 times

Advertisements

He's simply a fallen hero. He was defending the subdivision against teens wearing hoodies, and now society has turned him into a monster. The public pressure could cause anyone to snap.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:39 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
i want to know where the Zim-- backers are now-- who now can see he is a BAD boy after all
And people like you automatically assumed he was guilty because he killed a black man. In other words, you were basing your opinions on your emotions. I bet you also thought Darren Wilson was a murderer and you thought so the moment the news broke that Michael Brown had been shot by at white cop. Who cares about evidence when you can trust your instinct??

So now when it turns out GZ is a little nuts, you think everybody who "backed" him before are still going to do that just because they did so the first time. Unlike you we are not thinking race first.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:48 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it is the buzz man Zimmerman that the press lives for. He will not do any time and enjoy life. No big deal. He is a free man.

Enjoy the day, there are more important issues going on than something as tiny as throwing a wine bottle.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:07 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it is the buzz man Zimmerman that the press lives for. He will not do any time and enjoy life. No big deal. He is a free man.

Enjoy the day, there are more important issues going on than something as tiny as throwing a wine bottle.
I think the threatening her with a shotgun pointed at her is a bit more serious that that,

Old 01-10-2015, 03:07 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
It seems like he will never get back on the straight and narrow.

George Zimmerman arrested for aggravated assault | Seminole County
Not likely.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:19 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think the threatening her with a shotgun pointed at her is a bit more serious that that,
Not to his legions of fawning fans.

Let's face it - if you kill a black man (especially if you kill him with a gun) there are plenty of people who will happily excuse away all your future transgressions

Old 01-10-2015, 04:24 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Not to his legions of fawning fans.

Let's face it - if you kill a black man (especially if you kill him with a gun) there are plenty of people who will happily excuse away all your future transgressions
I was responding to gg, who wasn't talking about the Trayvon case, but the assault against the gf which just happened. He didn't give info enough to conclude he's prejudiced about black people though IMO. A lot of people don't think assaulting your gf is a big deal, either.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
If u tried to beat my head in
carrying a gun might seem like a good idea
Especially with all the polar bear hunting of late
If Jessica chambers had used a gun I bet u would be talking about her wouldn't u???
But not a tear huh about a 19 year old white girl burned to death
not one tear

Old 01-10-2015, 04:33 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Again a gun involved here as well. I have no problem with private gun ownership, but this man has proven more than once that he is not responsible enough nor in control of his emotions enough to have them.

What I really don't get is how he keeps meeting women willing to date him.
Agreed on both counts. It's apparent he has anger issues. Anyone would be wise to steer clear of him. I can't believe he's still avoiding prison time

Old 01-10-2015, 04:47 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
He's simply a fallen hero. He was defending the subdivision against teens wearing hoodies, and now society has turned him into a monster. The public pressure could cause anyone to snap.
First--Zimmerman is not and never was a hero. Second-- Zimmerman snapped prior to shooting Martin. He was ordered to take anger management classes. Martin was just a victim of Zimmerman's long sad pattern of losing his temper, and Martin was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"In 2005, Zimmerman had to take anger management courses after he was accused of attacking an undercover officer who was trying to arrest Zimmerman's friend. Later that year, Zimmerman's former fiancee filed for a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence."

George Zimmerman: History of legal troubles | WJLA.com

Years before Trayvon Martin case, Zimmerman had run-in with police - U.S. News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events