Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 03:14 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
That's because I got bored of destroying your arguments to the point where you couldn't counter or respond to more than a sentence of my posts.
LOL. You think too highly of yourself. So far I haven't see where you have posted anything in this topic that warranted more than a 1 sentence reply. Your last two posts are evidence enough of that.

I recommend sticking to the topic instead of insulting other forumers if you want to be engaged here instead of bored.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:55 PM

104 posts, read 83,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I never asked for a source for TM's good grades because I know there isn't a source. You can google 'Trayvon missed school' for the sources; iirc, something like 50 or 55.

You, or someone like you, said TM's school record was a 'typical' teen. Not in my local school districts; maybe in his, or yours.
Someone like me! LOL I know his attendance records were successfully subpoenaed, but I don't remember them being used during the trial. I do remember the gossip.
Well it was not I who made the remark. Shall I assume anyone who has a differing opinion about GZ's being the violent one is "like me"?

Old 02-01-2015, 11:25 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,835,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They were not unaware.

You neglected to mention, again, that Zimmerman's recorded statements as to what happen were played to the jury by the prosecution.

Juries are also presented real relevant information that isn't available anywhere else except in the court room.
You're right, I was careless in my phrasing. Jurors did see and hear some video tapes of police interviews and Zimmerman's walk through of the crime scene, but that is not testimony. Without the ability to cross examine the accused all the jury gets to hear is the accused telling what he wanted investigators to hear.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:54 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
....Without the ability to cross examine the accused all the jury gets to hear is the accused telling what he wanted investigators to hear.
He was not yet accused of anything when he gave those statements.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:26 PM

244 posts, read 248,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
You're right, I was careless in my phrasing. Jurors did see and hear some video tapes of police interviews and Zimmerman's walk through of the crime scene, but that is not testimony. Without the ability to cross examine the accused all the jury gets to hear is the accused telling what he wanted investigators to hear.
The killer's walk-through was a hoot! At one point viewers could actually see the realization spread across the thug's fugly mug that his Air Marshal-approved script wasn't matching up with the debris field. I hope the federal investigation closes down soon so he can talk a little more.

It is such a shame that the road rage victim, Shellie Zimmerman, Samantha Scheibe and now Brittany Brunelle have all declined to cooperate with law enforcement with respect to the killer's violent eruptions since the trial. I imagine it takes not a little courage to testify against someone on the loose and armed to the teeth, especially knowing that they themselves will be raked over coals while the beady-eyed pig plays the part of Pugsley the mute altar boy at the defendant's table. Hopefully his next victim decides enough is enough.

And I'd bet the farm even Gladys Zimmerman sleeps with one eye open.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:04 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,237,855 times
Great post Bellflower, can I add one more victim that GZ's "charm" made them refuse to have him charged? Shellie's dad. He hit him while he went to get "his" things out of his fil's house. He also helped himself to some of the inlaws belongings.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:18 PM

244 posts, read 248,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Great post Bellflower, can I add one more victim that GZ's "charm" made them refuse to have him charged? Shellie's dad. He hit him while he went to get "his" things out of his fil's house. He also helped himself to some of the inlaws belongings.
Kind of makes you wonder how many victims we don't even know about. The Zimmerman family isn't talking except for Robert's twitter rants against liberals and Daddy Z's love letters to a certain conservative hate site, but I have no doubt they all have a healthy fear of GMZ and walk on eggshells whenever he's within striking distance. And even when he isn't.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:34 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
His facebook wall, where he apparently was a thug wannabe, says otherwise. Already discussed in this topic.

(is there an echo in here)
it appears you have not been reading and comprehending actual information.. stuck in denial over your buddy, Zimmy.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Whoa, seems to me, TM's parents did a better job raising their son's than the Zimmerman clan did.

Let's see.

while in Manassas, Va., something happened according to his myspace postings where his buddies didn't rat him out.

Then after HS, he was sent to live with family in Florida.

Then he's a bouncer, who throws a woman onto the table, injuring her ankle.

While at work, he belittles and harasses a middle eastern co worker.

He is arrested for violence against a campus police and got a diversion program with anger management classes.

He slaps his then fiancé, allegations of molestation to his own cousin, shut off his mothers electric meter and locks it for they had an argument about his then fiancé.

I'm sure I've missed some confrontations.

TM was never in trouble with the law, was suspended for tardiness.

so, choosing between the two, it appears to me GZ is the thug.
Perfectly stated.. yes, it is clear that he has had problems since he was young and that his parents must have had a hand in that. For anyone to even compare the two males that way, doubt what occurred that night and not see GZ for who he is, is totally absurd among other things.

Just to add to his confrontations since: There was the incident with his ex-wife at her father's home, then an incident with the girlfriend he was staying with afterward, then, this following argument with -- the same girlfriend? Somewhere in there, he had some speeding and something gun-related, I think. Sorry, it has all become a blur...

Old 02-02-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
TM was suspended for having weed in school; vandalism; missing school [not tardiness]; had 'his friend's' women's jewelry in his book bag and refused to disclose his 'friend's' name. I'll skip his social media stuff and various allegations about his hobbies and parents. The only reason he had no official trouble with the law was the school's policy of avoiding putting students into the criminal justice system whenever possible, even though they broke the law.

GZ's life at age 28 was examined with a fine tooth comb. TM's, at age 17, was off-limits except for what was leaked.

Neither was a 'thug' in my view. I do think TM for the 6 months-year before his death was a troubled teen.
Right, and the other having been a both a troubled teen AND adult. The bottom line is, regardless of what is known or assumed about TM, he did not deserve to be shot and killed by a wannabe cop with a proven difficult past, involving severe emotional problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events