Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 02:07 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,456 times

Advertisements

Can anyone prove Martin started the fight?
Look at all the events prior to their fight.
Who watched who?
Who followed who?
Who ran from who?
Who got out of their vehicle and chased the other?

What did Martin do that night that showed aggression or anything related to any sort of violence?
Who had a loaded firearm and used it?

When you answer those questions, doesn't it make sense that the one who fired the weapon tends to look like the aggressor in this situation?
Now add in everything before then and since then.

You have a man with multiple allegations of harassment, assaults on civilians and police officers, multiple stories of threats with firearms and aggravated behavior.

Then you have a 17 year old kid who is considered a thug because he flipped off a camera on his instagram and then quoted rap lyrics while the real criminal is given a pass because black people with hoodies in the rain make people feel uncomfortable.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:09 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
I've drawn conclusions from the evidence.
Now, please explain to me how that video, all by itself, proves what you say it proves, or proves anything for that matter.
So again, I'm curious about your thoughts on why that video proves that my quote you put in bold CANNOT be true, because I'm not seeing it.
First, much of the "evidence" in this case is built on Zimmerman's account of what happened (regarding what happened before Martin gained the upper hand in the fight.

As far as the video. It cannot be true that the Martin attacked Zimmerman at the "T" and immediately pinned down Zimmerman at that location and also be true that Martins body was found 30 to 40 feet away from that location.

We KNOW the location where Martin's body was found and it is NOT the place where Zimmerman said the attack took place.

There are only two scenarios:

1) the attack took place where Martin's body was found (however this presents a problem for Zimmerman because that sidewalk is NOT on the way back to where his truck was parked.

2) The attack took place where Zimmerman said it did, and then Zimmerman moved the body down the sidewalk (which makes no since.

And while were at it.

Some of Zimmerman's personal stuff (keys and flashlight) were found at the "T". They were found in the grass in a place where it would appear that they fell out of Zimmerman's pocket (he was wearing jogging pants). If Zimmerman were attacked where he said he was then it makes sense that those items would be in that area. However we know that the attack didn't take place there.

The most likely scenario for those items to fall out of Zimmerman's pocket was for Zimmerman to be moving rapidly down the sidewalk from his truck and making a hard right turn while in pursuit of Martin. Where the items were found would indicate that they came out of the pocket when he made his turn.

Zimmerman writes left handed so it is highly plausible that his keys and flashlight were in his left front pocket.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:51 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
We KNOW.........
We KNOW that a jury of his peers, upon seeing ALL the evidence, found him not guilty, That is all that matters. Case Closed. Court has concluded.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-11-2015 at 03:35 PM..

Old 01-11-2015, 04:11 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
It never ceases to amaze me how a certain group of people are so quick to condemn an unarmed teenage "thug" being killed after they "attacked" a wannabe cop, yet seem to have no problem with GZ pointing a shotgun at a woman.

What a sorry group of people that is.

Last edited by ATG5; 01-11-2015 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Never, not doesn't*

Old 01-11-2015, 04:13 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What I really don't get is how he keeps meeting women willing to date him.
He's a bad boy and a celebrity. If he had money, that would complete the trifecta.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:15 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
We KNOW that a jury of his peers, upon seeing ALL the evidence, found him not guilty, That is all that matters. Case Closed. Court has concluded.

You just dodged the question. Have not had ONE Zim apologist who can explain this away. No one even tries.

Just because he was found "not guilty" doesn't mean his version of events were accurate. It's laughable that people think that they were.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:17 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
What did Martin do that night that showed aggression or anything related to any sort of violence?
He jumped on top of Zimmerman and slammed Z's head into the concrete multiple times. Everybody saw the photos.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:32 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
He jumped on top of Zimmerman and slammed Z's head into the concrete multiple times. Everybody saw the photos.
After being watched, followed, and pursued by a stranger with a weapon.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
You just dodged the question. .....
I wasn't responding to a question. I was simply stating fact. Zimmerman was found innocent. i.e. Self defense against a useless Thug confirmed.

As much as you wish to hyperventilate to the contrary, it's irrelevant and doesn't change anything.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It doesn't cease to amaze me how a certain group of people are so quick to condemn an unarmed teenage "thug" being killed after they "attacked" a wannabe cop, yet seem to have no problem with GZ pointing a shotgun at a woman.
This is a logical fallacy. You have not established that the facts are the same and the "facts" as you state them, are simply incorrect. Take off those "Black before anything else" glasses and you might be able to see it better and your amazement will go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events