Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 03:04 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times

Advertisements

That's what car insurance is for.
These guys are going to do Some Time, and they should
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 03:07 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Says who?

Don't want to die? Don't steal someone's car.
This.

Do I agree with what the brothers did? Hard to say since I'm not in their shoes, but the thief/criminal is at fault, plain and simple. Don't steal if you don't want to potentially be killed.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:07 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
That's what car insurance is for.
What if they couldn't afford insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
These guys are going to do Some Time, and they should
With the laws in Texas, it could go either way.

If I were on the Grand Jury, I'd no-bill them. (Based on the limited information I've read at this point)

Old 02-09-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
This.

Do I agree with what the brothers did? Hard to say since I'm not in their shoes, but the thief/criminal is at fault, plain and simple. Don't steal if you don't want to potentially be killed.
If they catch the driver of the suburban, he could potentially be charged with murder since his thug friend was killed in the felony in which he participated.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:11 PM

966 posts, read 1,346,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
There's a difference between being a proponent for sanity and crying for thieves. No one deserves to die for stealing a truck.
Sorry, I disagree, you steal a truck, and are caught by the owner with a gun, they can expect to die, it is a chance they take.
There is a reason horse thieves were hung, they were stealing a mans means to feed his family, well a truck or car is the same thing. I know some are going to say, it's insured, let the insurance pay for it, well, not everyone has theft insurance, and even if they do, most times if you file a claim for a loss, YOUR RATES go up. So you get to pay for being robbed. Dead car thief, no insurance rate hike and on less useless pice of scum wasting air.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:23 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You said the thieves were more likely to kill you than those brothers. That is not a fact.
And if you take my comment in the context in which it was given, then you would know that I didn't state it as fact. I was responding to another hypothetical which, not surprisingly, you ignored.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:26 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,287 times
That same thing happened here in New Orleans. After theives stole copper from a local church, the Pastor chased them and fired at them. A few days later, they ended up pressing charges on the Pastor. I don't believe you can go chasing people in public and shooting at them over material stuff. No ones life was in danger untill the Pastor started chasing them in his truck and shooting at them.
Police arrest pastor who shot at copper burglars in Algiers | New Orleans - WDSU Home

Old 02-09-2015, 03:30 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

The biggest issue here is both parties (the criminals who stole the truck and the people chasing after) are putting innocent bystanders in danger by their actions. It's also a case of cause and effect here - the thieves are fleeing because they're being shot at by civilians.
The article linked by the OP said nothing about innocent.bystanders. It happened at 1am on a highway. So without knowing these details, you are making up another hypothetical example that has no bearing here.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:44 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Off hand, It looks like you missed this:
"Deputies told Channel 2 the case would be referred to a grand jury; as of Sunday morning no charges had been filed."
So, AFTER the Grand Jury has made a decision in the case, you can rant all you want (IF appropriate).
Until the Grand Jury has spoken, though, your rant is asinine.
No, what is insane are all the yahoos clapping each other on the back for murdering a couple of car thieves. How macho of you all. PEW PEW PEW!!!!

Old 02-09-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, what is insane are all the yahoos clapping each other on the back for murdering a couple of car thieves. How macho of you all. PEW PEW PEW!!!!
Only one of the car thieves was killed.

If you don't want to kill a thief, don't own a gun.

If you don't want to be killed stealing the property of another person, don't steal.

I don't know what is so difficult for you to grasp about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events