Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 02:15 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
The concept and idea that, in these modern times, people may be from other locales (even other countries!!) and move somewhere else for some time and yet not be from that area or consider themselves as being from that area. I'm not a Chicagoan, so that reply was a fail.
It says 'location', not city of origin. I would also take that to mean your current location. I'm sure most people would as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 02:22 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
It says 'location', not city of origin. I would also take that to mean your current location. I'm sure most people would as well.
well, I am currently in Chicago, so that's kind of the point I'm making....

next year that may change to NYC, Philly, or any number of places and yet I wouldn't be from those locales either.

Strange that I'm spending so much time explaining something so, well, explanatory.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:23 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,829 times
I'm just sitting on the sidelines waiting for the racial spin from CNN on this. it's coming. Then Sharpton gets involved.

Amerika sucks sometimes.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:29 PM

17,394 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I'm just sitting on the sidelines waiting for the racial spin from CNN on this. it's coming. Then Sharpton gets involved.

Amerika sucks sometimes.
Waiting? It's already here.

Jesse Jackson and Father Pfleger are already claiming racism where none exists.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:34 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

I hope on TV tonight someone points out to Sharpton and Jackson that this black teams aren't the only ones to have titles stripped.

Metro Atlanta Little League team stripped of state championship - CBS46 News

Old 02-12-2015, 02:34 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
I think it's important for everyone to understand what happened here. JRW didn't poach any players, or use players from "outside their boundaries".

What happened was that some coaches submitted new boundaries to the District Little League, who approved the new boundaries without any input from other teams impacted by the change. That is what was against the rules - the other teams had to sign off on the changes, and they weren't even notified of those changes.

The JRW coaches who submitted the plan knew it was shady, but the LL district approved it so they moved forward with the new boundaries. Little League International also backed the changed boundaries throughout the season, and continued to do so until yesterday. Any parents or players would not have known what had happened, and if they checked with Little League officials at any level they would have been told the boundaries were approved and valid.

While the coaches who submitted the new map obviously bear a lot of the blame, the Little League organization bears a lot of responsibility as well - they were the ones who spent an entire season telling everyone that the team wasn't in violation of any rules. If they're going to be overseeing boundaries they need to actually do their jobs, and not let local districts make their own rules.

It wasn't just double digits, it was 43-2.
I'm just quoting this so others can see it and read. This is very technical stuff here. Can't blame the kids for stuff that they don't even care about or even understand.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I hope on TV tonight someone points out to Sharpton and Jackson that this black teams aren't the only ones to have titles stripped.

Metro Atlanta Little League team stripped of state championship - CBS46 News
I also hope that someone on TV points out that the white man from the Evergreen Park league, who has been called a racist and is getting death threats, is married to a black woman and has 4 black sons.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:51 PM

16,576 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago76 View Post
Just from what I know of the LL circuit from cousins who went on to play DI ball and get drafted, I'd be surprised if more than a fifth of the top 100 or so LL teams in the world have 100% of their kids living within their boundaries. Kids moving in with coaches, grandparents, non-custodial parents, etc expressly to play in a district with better talent. Larger catchment areas in places like Taiwan or Japan, etc.

I think that cheating is wrong, but to me this is a lot like the MLB steroid issue. If we stripped away World Series titles because someone was cheating, then in all probability, we'd probably need to leave the title vacant. The same with the Tour de France and Armstrong...which is what they actually did.

I can only assume this Chicago attitude is based on the phenomenon I mentioned with an earlier poster from Chicago/IL. The citizens, even the ones who would be inclined to know right from wrong have been inundated with corruption for so long, excuses are made for the inexcusable.

Everyone else is doing it, so we must also to win.

I think stealing is wrong, but at least it is not murder.

`

Old 02-12-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I can only assume this Chicago attitude is based on the phenomenon I mentioned with an earlier poster from Chicago/IL. The citizens, even the ones who would be inclined to know right from wrong have been inundated with corruption for so long, excuses are made for the inexcusable.

Everyone else is doing it, so we must also to win.

I think stealing is wrong, but at least it is not murder.

`

Um, Chicago born and raised right here. South side through and through.

And I think it's bullcrap and that JRW outright cheated. I think stripping their title was the right thing to do.

It sucks for the kids for sure - but how about the other teams that might have beat JRW? Sucks even worse for them, imho.

The adults in this entire mess are a HORRIBLE example. The coaches cheated - but then we have Jesse Jackson & Father Pfleger crying racism and the frickin' MAYOR for cryin' out loud, trying to strong arm the league into changing their decision.

Those kids are getting the message that if you cheat, you better not get caught. But if you do get caught, cry racism. And if that doesn't work, try and bully your way out of it.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:17 PM

887 posts, read 1,215,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

LOL. These loons are like maggots. Poor old JJ is finding himself being reduced to Little League conflicts now. Feel bad for the kids that may not have known about the scam.
I'm sure Obama and his chief goon will want an investigation into this as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events