Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2015, 02:44 PM

696 posts, read 905,363 times

Advertisements

I don't think gays should be able to adopt if nothing more then the the fact they will not have a normal mom dad interaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 02:51 PM

12,042 posts, read 8,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut001 View Post

/-- Pedophiles are mostly heterosexual males and females who prey on young. The boy is 16, so that nixes that. No link, it's an age-old argument that has been disproven. (Just in case someone tried that "card")./
The majority of young sexual abuse victims in the United States are male. It's difficult to believe that they are being abused by heterosexual men.

The reason that most sex offenders are heterosexual is because the majority of the population is heterosexual, of course. But if you look at the summary of this study filed in the National United States Library of Medicine you will see that their results suggested an 11:1 ratio of offense when comparing homosexual pedophiles with heterosexual ones.

The proportions of heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles among sex... - PubMed - NCBI

Old 03-07-2015, 04:35 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,245 times
OP here. To address some more of the ad hominem nonsense...I'm not a troll, I was bored & alone & watching the news and I wanted to talk about this with someone.

Furthermore I was on my smart phone which was a pain to type on, and since I saw the news spot on TV I didn't imagine there would be a link, but some of you found & posted the link for us all to see, thank you.

I need glasses, so from where I sat in relation to the TV, perhaps it was the mannerisms of the three and how well they articulated and carried themselves that made them seem "attractive." I need glasses.

Hm, what else, no I would never imagine in a million years that those two kind men would ever dream of crossing any boundaries with their child. Well maybe in the furthest recesses of one's mind there might be a fantasy that would NEVER actualize. That is just sick, and for the fun & freedom of speech, several commenters went all the way with their speculations. That's just fine but I'd never say such crude things.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:13 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
OP here. To address some more of the ad hominem nonsense...I'm not a troll, I was bored & alone & watching the news and I wanted to talk about this with someone.

Furthermore I was on my smart phone which was a pain to type on, and since I saw the news spot on TV I didn't imagine there would be a link, but some of you found & posted the link for us all to see, thank you.

I need glasses, so from where I sat in relation to the TV, perhaps it was the mannerisms of the three and how well they articulated and carried themselves that made them seem "attractive." I need glasses.

Hm, what else, no I would never imagine in a million years that those two kind men would ever dream of crossing any boundaries with their child. Well maybe in the furthest recesses of one's mind there might be a fantasy that would NEVER actualize. That is just sick, and for the fun & freedom of speech, several commenters went all the way with their speculations. That's just fine but I'd never say such crude things.

Don't believe you.

1) Why couldn't you just say on what TV station you saw the story? Instead of having the posters on here having to track it down. You simply could have said where this happened. You did know that much.

2) Why did you add the word "attractive" in your title? At best these two guys and the teenager are average looking at best. Why didn't you say "Kind Gay Couple Adopt Teenager" You did that to sexualize it and you know it.

3) You added two years to the boy's age from 14 to 16 to make it more "juicy".

And more importantly we know it.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:52 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Quote:

BS. The only reason you started this thread was to insinuate something unsavory about the whole adoption. It worked, and you should be ashamed.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:54 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
The majority of young sexual abuse victims in the United States are male. It's difficult to believe that they are being abused by heterosexual men.

The reason that most sex offenders are heterosexual is because the majority of the population is heterosexual, of course. But if you look at the summary of this study filed in the National United States Library of Medicine you will see that their results suggested an 11:1 ratio of offense when comparing homosexual pedophiles with heterosexual ones.

The proportions of heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles among sex... - PubMed - NCBI
Many of my male homosexual friends were sexually abused as children. Guys assume that because their body mechanically responded during the assault they must be gay. It's very difficult for male sexual assault victims.

Most male predators who commit sexual assault on adult males are not homosexual. It's not about sex, it's about power.

There's always the Man-Boy-Love-Association we could discuss. That may or may not be off topic.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Don't believe you.

1) Why couldn't you just say on what TV station you saw the story? Instead of having the posters on here having to track it down. You simply could have said where this happened. You did know that much.

2) Why did you add the word "attractive" in your title? At best these two guys and the teenager are average looking at best. Why didn't you say "Kind Gay Couple Adopt Teenager" You did that to sexualize it and you know it.

3) You added two years to the boy's age from 14 to 16 to make it more "juicy".

And more importantly we know it.
1) I truly thought it was on ABC. But someone on here, the first guy who found the link, said it was a different network. And I live in Virginia so I said Virginia (I think). But the sleuth guy said it was a D.C.- based story, which is understandable, Northern VA & D.C. are so intermingled.

2) I added the word "attractive," yes, to garner attention, I admit, but it wasn't a conscious, nefarious thing. I honestly think the boy was robust & handsome (for my lack of wearing glasses, I dunno.) Well, they're not UNattractive, are they? And it doesn't matter anyway. Yes, I stuck "attractive" in there to draw attention to the article, but I wasn't lying.

3) I said 16 (I apologize) because I didn't remember the age they stated in the story, and he was just so dang TALL. Honestly, I thought I heard them say he was 12 but I second guessed what my ears thought they heard. He looked 16. Taller than both of his parents.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:03 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
I just found the link and watched it. I'm glad the young man is happy with his home. He strikes me as a bit... I don't want to say emotionally disturbed but like he's been through far too much. His speech pattern is halting. I know what it's like to go through so much you start to stutter. I hope his life is a good one.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:03 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
Quote:
Virginia ABC 5 o'clock news has a segment called "Wednesday's Child" in which they spotlight foster children and success stories of adoption.

Today's segment was presented as any other segment, but this was a remarkably untraditional arrangement, I observed two gay men happily married, very nice home, blushingly introduce their new 16-year-old son, much taller than them, and very attractive.

I'm fairly confident that this will be a healthy parent/child arrangement but it seems a line between selecting a child in need of a home and selecting an attractive young man was blurred a bit.

The boy was relieved and down to earth and emotionally mature as he described his feelings of finally being adopted into a stable, permanent home.
How would you feel about a Single mother adopting an "attractive young man" or a single father adopting an "attractive young woman"? Or for that matter, a heterosexual couple with an "attractive" husband, adopting an "attractive" 16-YO girl?

Your insinuation is mind-bogglingly offensive. The attractiveness of the participants has nothing to do with the adoption process, NOTHING. Maybe you think attractive people are constantly looking for sex with every other attractive person, but you don't know much about the adoption process if you don't think there is severe screening going on for potential parents, and gay couples get a higher level of scrutiny just due to societal discomfort.

Your assumption is appalling, and it sounds to me that you are the one with a "suspect mind", not the fathers here.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
How would you feel about a Single mother adopting an "attractive young man" or a single father adopting an "attractive young woman"? Or for that matter, a heterosexual couple with an "attractive" husband, adopting an "attractive" 16-YO girl?

Your insinuation is mind-bogglingly offensive. The attractiveness of the participants has nothing to do with the adoption process, NOTHING. Maybe you think attractive people are constantly looking for sex with every other attractive person, but you don't know much about the adoption process if you don't think there is severe screening going on for potential parents, and gay couples get a higher level of scrutiny just due to societal discomfort.

Your assumption is appalling, and it sounds to me that you are the one with a "suspect mind", not the fathers here.
I don't expect you to read through the last 15 pages, but I have addressed all of your points already.

Except for your hypothetical "How would you feel about a Single mother adopting an "attractive young man" or a single father adopting an "attractive young woman"? Or for that matter, a heterosexual couple with an "attractive" husband, adopting an "attractive" 16-YO girl?

Hypotheticals 1 and 2: I might feel the same way I do about the present topic at hand. But then again, what business is it of anyone besides them and the adoption agency? This "Wednesdays Child" segment highlighted these people, so it was there for me to ponder. That's all.

As for your third hypothetical, a hetero couple adopting an attractive teen girl (oh and the dad is attractive), meh, I have no opinion or feelings. Attractive people simply are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events