Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 04:42 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
everyone, enough with this ad hominem nonsense. Please discuss the topic at hand or be quiet.
Oh the irony! You are the one who worded the title of the thread. You are the one focusing on looks & age of the adopted kid. You are the one inferring that the gay couple deliberately adopted an older kid for his looks & you inferred they did this to use him for sex. Then you tried to turn around & cry "What??? I didn't imply anything! Why would you think that??" It's a poor cover & your intention is transparent.

You should be more concerned w/the number of people living out their lives w/no one wanting them. You should be happy that there are people out there who are opening their lives & homes to these people, no matter their age or what they look like. I find it gross that you would think anything else.

Last edited by thefragile; 03-06-2015 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 05:00 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
everyone, enough with this ad hominem nonsense. Please discuss the topic at hand or be quiet.
Sorry OP. When you start a topic on a discussion board, you don't get to tell people to "be quiet"just because you began the thread. Discussions ebb and flow and people are going to give their opinions. They do not have to agree with yours.

Only the mods can guide a discussion if they think it's going off the rails.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:26 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,540 times
seriously are you that naive?? people adapt babies or very young kids, they want to watch them grow and teach them things. who adopts a 16 year old, this kid is going to be some sex slave for these two and their friends.plus of this kid has been in foster care this long who knows what kind of emotional problems he has.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:37 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Once I was the only female working for a gay man (who had a wife and child). He surrounded himself with attractive young men and made no... um ... bones about the fact he was attracted to them. He'd say to me as he pointed one out "she's a good girl". Once he was talking to me and - no fooling - said he had a girlfriend who would make me "something my jeans" I can't say it. But he was referring to being very sexually excited. I told him I wasn't attracted to girls and - silly me - realized he was really talking about a guy. This isn't some isolated freak. He was an attractive, sort of powerful (money talks) businessman. You're fooling yourself if you think gay guys aren't mostly in it for the sex. Those guys were all my friends. I think I confused them by being there.

There are many examples of older men who prefer younger men. 16 is the age of consent in many states, isn't it? I'm not presuming they're grooming him for sex but you shouldn't necessarily presume they aren't. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:57 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
No, you are not a psychologist so you don't get to psychoanalyze them on any level subconscious level or otherwise.

From what you saw? What the heck did you see? How can you tell by a picture that he is either homosexual or heterosexual? You cannot expertly judge someone by a picture. What does "very heterosexual" look like? Rock Hudson? He looked pretty darn heterosexual. How about Neil Patrick Harris? He's not a heterosexual doctor, he just played one.

You are reading an awful lot into this story. You are just not seeing what your interpretation is saying to the people reading your comments on this thread. And what it says about you. Like a wise man once said, "You can't see the forest for the trees." So stop trying to make excuses and admit what you are really questioning here.
I agree with you. So glad you responded to the ridiculously narrow minded and ignorant post.

I am not gay, and I am grossly offended by the innuendo in these posts. The new parents clearly felt they had love to give a child, and the young man needed someone to love him and be in his corner.. I am glad they all found each other.

People who have led sheltered lives and not spent any time around gay individuals getting to know them, have NO clue that gay, like straights, come wrapped as loving, nurturing types, as well as narcissists, neat freaks, slobs, introverts, extraverts. In other words, just like straights, they are as varied in makeup, and preferences as straights are.

Now, for those with their minds in the gutter, get out and meet people different from yourself and learn about the world around you!

Old 03-06-2015, 08:59 PM

25 posts, read 39,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
seriously are you that naive?? people adapt babies or very young kids, they want to watch them grow and teach them things. who adopts a 16 year old, this kid is going to be some sex slave for these two and their friends.plus of this kid has been in foster care this long who knows what kind of emotional problems he has.
You are sick.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:03 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,465 times
I felt some of my brain cells die while reading this thread.

The thread title made me think the men picked out some super buff Abercrombie model-type, when in fact he's just a very average-looking kid. And the parents are also average-looking. Not that any of that matters.

If they really went to all the trouble, expense, and bureaucracy of adopting a child not to love, but to abuse , while putting the entire family under the microscope and taking on responsibilities that most people would run away from, why would they select a strapping 16-year-old who towers over them? Wouldn't it be more "logical" to find a younger one they could control, who would be more naive, who would be dependent on them longer? It actually makes me sick just to try to understand how people could come to this conclusion. To automatically assume the worst about people you don't even know, with absolutely zero evidence of any nefarious intentions, is quite disturbing.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:17 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Converting? I simply said that a line seems to have been blurred between adopting a child in need and seeing an attractive young man. but again, I'm certain they will make it a healthy parent-child relationship.

and I felt like talking about it.
It seems that if you were not "suspicious", you would not have brought it up.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:40 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
It sounds like you think people will be wondering if the gay male couple adopted a handsome teen boy because they are attracted to him instead of wanting to be fathers to him?
That's essentially what Liberace did--seduced a 16-year old troubled, homeless kid with no family, promised him he'd adopt him and take care of him, then corrupted him, and worse.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:49 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
No.

I am a straight woman. I plan to adopt children older than 6 from the foster care system to build my family. I planned to do that even before cancer rendered me infertile. Why do I want to adopt older children? Because no one else will and I know exactly what fate befalls most of them if they do not find a home - homelessness, teen pregnancy, crime, and a loss of potential.

Are you going to question my motives too? Are you OK with so many children in the United States living in glorified orphanages and getting booted into the chasm at 18 with no support system?

Let me guess - you're pro-life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events