Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 06:42 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,577,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
What are they doing wrong???

Their food tastes awful...
The meat is gray in color/dry and has no taste. Leaves one wondering what it is you're eating. I have emailed McDs a few times about their food and they informed me that their beef is 100% beef? What they don't tell you is what part of the cow their so called beef came from. I'll leave that to your imagination... Chicken nuggets anyone? Only 25% chicken skin with some meat, bone and filler included in there somewhere...

They do not want to listen to the public as they already know everything that is wrong, but they insist that they're doing everything right. That's why they fail from being # 1 to # 3 and still dropping. A makeover of the building or change in the golden arch isn't going to help their food improve and will not help their business get any better.

The new restaurants in town are make real burgers for the same money McDs charges for their quarter pounders and business is booming.... Thanks for letting me rant...

Old 03-10-2015, 06:52 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
I'm not sure where everyone is getting their prices from but the majority of their meals are under 7.00 and many of those 5 and change or under. Also McDonalds is suffering from a health craze of misinformed people who believe other options are healthier when they really aren't and are sometimes worse for you, ie chipotle, chick fila etc

Old 03-10-2015, 06:53 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
But ironically their coffee really is pretty good....maybe they should be coffee purveyors and give some competition to the ridiculously priced Starbucks black water that passes for coffee.
A few years ago, McD coffee was rated higher in a blind test than coffee from Starbucks.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:08 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,924,863 times
Competition, healthier eating, not as low priced as they used to be..... many things.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:23 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
The food is awful compared to any local Mom and Pop place in Miami I can go and have 2eggs, 2 bacon, toast, home fries, coffee for $2.99.

Similar for lunch. Dinner? forget about it.

Even when I was young and poor I never ate there.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:27 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Their hamburgers used to be good. Not any more. Fix the hamburgers and their business would probably improve some. Part of the problem is that there is just a lot more competition than there was 40 years ago when they were really popular. Now there are just too many of their stores, and others have better food.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:36 AM

17,120 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Totally agree, Kitten. What is this love affair with mustard McDonalds (and some other burger chains as well) seem to have? A lot of people don't like it, and with condiments, once it's on your burger, you can't pick it off and simply remove the flavor like you can with most toppings like tomatoes. BK still cooks a good burger and they don't force the mustard on you. In 2015, they still cook it the way you want it. A month ago, after work on a brief Walmart stop, I was desperately hungry for dinner and found myself with no options besides eating my shirt or McDonalds. I reluctantly chose the latter route, asked for no mustard, and both small burgers had mustard on them a la Wendy's I agree with the people who mentioned serving breakfast all day long. I might actually eat there if they did. The last time I ate there before the hamburgers a month ago was probably 2008.
This.
They fry up a good egg, their hash browns are always good, if a tad bit too greasy, and their coffee is gold.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:38 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
McDonald's got greedy. They raised the price of their dollar menu. They want to sell a Mcdouble that probably cost them 20 cents to make for $1.39. Same with many other items. They act like they can't make a profit on those items when I know they can. They lost me as a customer who used to eat there a few times a week. I would rather spend more and go to Checkers and get a bigger burger. I'm sure they lost millions of more value member customers.

They meed to stop worrying about how much profit they make from an individual $1 menu item and worry that they are losing millions of dollars in sales and losing many customers.

Big Mac is a scam. It's a Mcdouble with an extra slice of bread for $2.60 more.

I didn't read this whole thread, but why spend $7 or more on a fast food meal when you can go to a diner and get a better bigger burger cooked to the temperature you want for the same price.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:44 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
They also introduce a lot of stupid items that no one wants. Stick to what made you who you are, people don't go to McD for pizza or fried chicken so don't try to get into that business.

Also I tried those mozzarella sticks, 3 for $1, and they are smaller than a double A battery, and they are supposedly baked but when I got home I had to nuke mine because the cheese was cold and the worker forgot to give me the marinara sauce too and walked away, I had to wait for them to come back and beep to get their attention.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:44 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,546,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Over the years, the quality of their food and their portion sizes have gone down, while their prices have become excessively high.

Back to the subject of the documentary Super Size Me. One of his complaints was the size of some of the menu items that were high calorie and unhealthy. It was after his documentary came out that McDonalds stopped offering the super size fries and drinks.

Link to story below:

McDonald
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events