Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 02:22 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times

Advertisements

The country is pretty segregated. Cops will be suspicious of black people driving around in white neighborhoods and of white people in black neighborhoods. Just the way it's gon' be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 02:59 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,439,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Fatigue.
What is done only gets publicity if it's a f-up.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:01 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Rock was probably speeding or driving aggressively. He is doing the mid-life newly divorced celeb cool dude thing, young hot girlfriend and all, so he's going around all pumped up. Or maybe it's pimped up. He probably just needs to get it out of his system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Big deal. He was stopped three times in seven weaks because...? And he then goes on to relate that Jerry Seinfeld was pulled over while driving his Lamborghini while he was a passenger in the car. Give me a beak.

Had this been Justin Bieber getting stopped, again, nobody would care.
And you both have credibility why??

Old 04-02-2015, 03:39 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Seinfeld was DWJ

Old 04-02-2015, 03:53 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
Well of course blacks get pulled over more often, given their extraordinarily high crime rate and the fact that they often aren't too careful about driving within the law, or in some neighborhoods aren't careful about maintaining their cars to legal standards (like brake lights etc). Cop stereotypes about blacks are actually based on statistical tendencies and their personal experiences, not from white people and their parents teaching them to be racist ...... unfortunately those stereotypes are generalized to include any black, not just the ghetto culture ones, so they will pull someone over that might only have something minor like a broken turn signal, in order to go on a fishing expedition. Even black cops will do that.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:25 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,521,856 times
Oh for crying out loud, another ASSumption about playing the race card by the OP and the rest of you jumping on the bandwagon.
I am so fed up with all this pot stirring race junk

You all are making society a sadder place.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:56 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
The country is pretty segregated. Cops will be suspicious of black people driving around in white neighborhoods and of white people in black neighborhoods. Just the way it's gon' be.
Huh? I live in white neighborhoods and I never get stopped by the police even when I should. I'm black btw. I would hope a police officer wouldn't assume I was up to no good because I'm a black person driving around in a white neighborhood. That makes no sense and I would be weary of a cop that assumed as much in 2015. I know my legal rights and if I get pulled over the first thing I will do is ask why. If there isn't a legal reason then I shouldnt be pulled over. Being suspicious because I'm in a white neighborhood is not a good enough reason to pull me over.

Last edited by Faith2187; 04-02-2015 at 06:01 PM..

Old 04-02-2015, 05:07 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Huh? I live in white neighborhoods and I never get stopped by the police even when I should. I'm black btw. I would hope a police officer wouldn't assume I was up to no good because I'm a black person driving around in a white neighborhood. That makes no sense and I would be weary of a cop that assumed as much in 2015. I know my legal rights and if I get pulled over the first thing I will do is ask why. If there isn't a legal reason then I should be pulled over. Being suspicious because I'm in a white neighborhood is not a good enough reason to pull me over.
So black people aren't often pulled over by cops, then? All right. I'm glad we cleared that up.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:38 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,147,805 times
...Seinfeld was driving an orange 1969 Lamborghini Miura P400S at the time.

The car can be a reason for the stop. Even politicians, and DAs can be pulled over a lot when driving a high performance car.

Get a Dodge, Chris! And, not the high performance Daytona.

It may not make much sense, but a high performance car just reeks of a lead-footed driver.

Whats the point of having all that power anyway, when if used legally, the car will never reach its full potential.

It just makes you a target, and not just for police. You will easily attract criminals as well.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:44 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,547,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I thought this was an interesting read because it makes people re-think the issue of class, and the narrative that if some people just ___________, that they won't be harassed.

Chris Rock is an extremely successful, multi-millionaire. He dress is about as far away from "thug" stereotypes as possible and he drives nice cars.

The comments at the bottom of the article are worth a read. People understand what's going on and there's tons of personal stories shared as well. You can't make the argument that this is a "bad apples" issue. This is a systemic issue affecting millions of Americans of all colors.

Chris Rock Takes A Selfie After Cops Pull Him Over For The 3rd Time In Less Than 7 Weeks

Chris Rock took a selfie after being pulled over by police while driving Tuesday, marking the third time in seven weeks he's posted while being stopped by a cop.

Was he speeding or driving recklessly in any way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events