Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 10:52 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
You said it was "forced" = that didn't work so you define a different word... Alrighty then

Bottom line, the mandates are coming.

I hope rigorous mandates protect people in all states and provinces from the stupidity of their neighbors. Want to send your kid to school, get them vaccinated. Don't want to vaccinate, find a posse of other people who don't believe in science and allow them to incubate in the privacy of your home school environment. Find that difficult or inconvenient? Then vaccinate and not only do you not have to homeschool, your kid also won't catch a deadly preventable illness.

You may really really want to send your kid packing a pistol to school. You don't get to. Give him a side arm to carry around while home schooling if you want, but you don't get to send junior to school. Society is about rights balanced against obligations.

Thankfully whining won't change that.
As you know, not everyone can homeschool. Those families who cannot afford to homeschool with in fact be forced into vaccinating in order for their children to attend school. Not everyone can afford to homeschool. That's not akin to choice.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:26 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
As you know, not everyone can homeschool. Those families who cannot afford to homeschool with in fact be forced into vaccinating in order for their children to attend school. Not everyone can afford to homeschool. That's not akin to choice.
Repeating the same thing 10 times doesn't make it true. We get it, you really really really believe what you say. Still doesn't make it true.

On behalf of the poor folks already wading through 100 pages, please don't repeat the exact same "but I really really feel this way" posts over and over with zero new information.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Repeating the same thing 10 times doesn't make it true. We get it, you really really really believe what you say. Still doesn't make it true.

On behalf of the poor folks already wading through 100 pages, please don't repeat the exact same "but I really really feel this way" posts over and over with zero new information.
It was true the first time I stated it and it is still true. Some are still in denial about it.

You've repeated yourself plenty in this thread so no need to lash out at others for doing the same as you. If you do not care to read people's posts you can always make use of the ignore function.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
It was true the first time I stated it and it is still true. Some are still in denial about it.

You've repeated yourself plenty in this thread so no need to lash out at others for doing the same as you. If you do not care to read people's posts you can always make use of the ignore function.
Every false, misleading and uninformed statement is met with data. The data DOESN'T change, you're correct. It's been repeated ad nauseum because it is proven to be correct. SuzyQ, Rodentraiser Katarina and many others have been battling the misinformation and fear mongering OVER AND OVER.

Very very few of the pro-science, pro-public health posts in the last 80 pages has been anything other than providing facts and data to refute falsehoods from the anti-science crowd.

I AM frustrated that this thread continues to suggest a controversy in the face of settled science. Ignoring those that make up refuted data leaves new arrivals to this thread having to wade through the first 5 times the same absurdity was clearly debunked, or runs the risk that silence is agreement.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Every false, misleading and uninformed statement is met with data. The data DOESN'T change, you're correct. It's been repeated ad nauseum because it is proven to be correct. SuzyQ, Rodentraiser Katarina and many others have been battling the misinformation and fear mongering OVER AND OVER.

Very very few of the pro-science, pro-public health posts in the last 80 pages has been anything other than providing facts and data to refute falsehoods from the anti-science crowd.

I AM frustrated that this thread continues to suggest a controversy in the face of settled science. Ignoring those that make up refuted data leaves new arrivals to this thread having to wade through the first 5 times the same absurdity was clearly debunked, or runs the risk that silence is agreement.
Our opinions and views on this clearly differ greatly and I for one know that there is science and evidence on BOTH sides of the issue.

If this thread frustrates you then you have the choice not to read it or post in it. You also have the option to make use of the ignore feature.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:01 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
It's not a choice, it's coercion.
[/list]
So you feel laws making murder illegal to be "coercion"?
Laws for a speed limit or stop light to be "coercion"?
Laws against theft to he "coercion"?

Or just laws that you don't like?

Old 08-05-2015, 12:48 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So you feel laws making murder illegal to be "coercion"?
Laws for a speed limit or stop light to be "coercion"?
Laws against theft to he "coercion"?

Or just laws that you don't like?
None of those laws involve a person's bodily integrity, as in being in injected with foreign substances, or any medical treatment for the "good of society". I suppose you don't agree with the Nuremberg Codes either?

Old 08-05-2015, 01:46 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/0...vaccines/?_r=1

Another BS article. I question if this was even a real person in this article. 1968 when she had her twins???? Nobody was terrified of pregnant women catching the flu in 1968, or even 1978, or 1983 when I was pregnant. This supposedly real person was afraid of measles, etc., when at her age back then, she herself would have had all those childhood diseases herself? Her twins were born FINE when she had the flu during pregnancy.

Little secret????? The FLU does not put chemicals into a pregnant woman's body, as the vaccinations do. You just "suffer" through the flu while pregnant and do not take even OTC medications for it. Been there, done that myself decades ago. My daughter has done that for both colds (no VACCINES!) and the flu in her previous pregnancy. Just 2 weeks ago, while early in current pregnancy, she caught a cold. Got a vaccine for common cold? Better work on that one. She just let it run it's course with no medications at all.

I guess she would be considered an anti-vaxer for refusing to be vaccinated during pregnancy? Her 16 month old son IS up to date on his vaccinations; just not pregnant MOMMY. She also does not demand to see vaccination records of every child, adult, or family members who comes around to see her babies. Yeah, I guess in the fanatics on here, that would be considered an anti-vaxers too. It is seems to be an ALL or nothing viewpoint.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

Another BS article. I question if this was even a real person in this article. 1968 when she had her twins???? Nobody was terrified of pregnant women catching the flu in 1968, or even 1978, or 1983 when I was pregnant. This supposedly real person was afraid of measles, etc., when at her age back then, she herself would have had all those childhood diseases herself? Her twins were born FINE when she had the flu during pregnancy.

Little secret????? The FLU does not put chemicals into a pregnant woman's body, as the vaccinations do. You just "suffer" through the flu while pregnant and do not take even OTC medications for it. Been there, done that myself decades ago. My daughter has done that for both colds (no VACCINES!) and the flu in her previous pregnancy. Just 2 weeks ago, while early in current pregnancy, she caught a cold. Got a vaccine for common cold? Better work on that one. She just let it run it's course with no medications at all.

I guess she would be considered an anti-vaxer for refusing to be vaccinated during pregnancy? Her 16 month old son IS up to date on his vaccinations; just not pregnant MOMMY. She also does not demand to see vaccination records of every child, adult, or family members who comes around to see her babies. Yeah, I guess in the fanatics on here, that would be considered an anti-vaxers too. It is seems to be an ALL or nothing viewpoint.
You're the only one on this forum who brags about having parents who deliberately tried to get her sick, so perhaps you could keep your, umm "unique" parenting philosophies to yourself?

Most people are terrified of getting sick with ANYTHING when they're pregnant. With the flu that fear is rational. Your superhuman family isn't average.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:15 PM

1,316 posts, read 747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

So, why is it relevant that there are no vaccines for colds? Do you think that's a bad idea? Why? Oh, yeah, because you've had all the colds and they're no big deal.

When pregnant, your immune system doesn't behave as efficiently, so you are more likely to catch the flu, and that CAN lead to something like pneumonia or breathing issues (which can be hard enough during pregnancy). And, the flu CAN lead to preterm labor and/or premature birth. FYI, those are not good for a baby. Does it ALWAYS do that? No, of course not. Does every unvaccinated pregnant woman get the flu? No, of course not. Would it be wise to protect oneself and one's unborn baby from the flu. Yes. Unequivocally, yes. Not even a debate. Yes. And, if a pregnant woman gets a flu vaccine, she can pass some immunity on to the fetus, which ends up being a positive when all of those unknown, unvaccinated people come to visit to see the baby. FYI, that's a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events