Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 06:24 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times

Advertisements

Nobody has to say anything about the rioters. They are doing a good job of that themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 06:24 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
In this case it is; put down a few looters and this nonsense will stop fast.
Paid troll.

No one is this inhumane.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:25 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
whiff of grapeshot would solve everything.

Oh well #thuglivesmatter and all that.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:25 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
In this case it is; put down a few looters and this nonsense will stop fast.
This all started because the police killed a guy. So your solution is to have them kill more people.

Your kind of attitude is why there is no hope for solving this problem.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:26 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Anyone notice that when a black woman is killed or assaulted the outrage never rises to the same level as when it happens to a black man? I find this highly annoying.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:28 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
As I said before, if you want to stop this, simply train the police how to arrest people without injuring or killing them. If you want to see the problem continue, just stay the course.
The police are not the problem. The criminals are the problem. And people who take up for the criminals. You won't see the truth about what happened until it goes to court. I think we have a trend going here. Someone gets their pants in a wad, the police are blamed, riots happen, government takes up for the rioters and the criminal, case goes to court and the truth is learned. Case closed but rioters still riot.

Civilized people wait until the case is tried in court to vent.

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Think this will change the way they report the news?
One of these days a news reporter is going to get severely beaten or killed. Maybe then they'll learn not to stir the pot so much.

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
I doubt it. That would only escalate the situation into a full scale urban war. You already have highly organized gangs in Baltimore who are openly hoping this will escalate into a war with the police.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks the mayor and the cops have a decent strategy. Turn the neighborhood into a 'containment zone.' Let the looters take out a cop car and their own CVS and wear themselves out. The looters currently look very bad and it's going to be very hard for anyone to spin this into some sort of protest of "militarized police" or brutality at this point. Just wait it out and make sure it doesn't spill over. The whole thing will be over by tomorrow. However, if they send in the tanks and shoot people it will just turn into Ferguson 2.0.
Having lived through it and being the only time in my life as a soldier carrying locked and loaded weapon outside of a shooting range, that strategy did not work well in Los Angeles. I hope to God it turns out better in Baltimore.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:29 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Groups of people have started to riot as of about 20 minutes ago, looks to be mostly youths of high school age throwing bricks,rocks,bottles etc at police.
Several High Schools have reported Black students walked out and seems they went to the location where the rioting broke out.

News reporters have been injured, cops injured one left unresponsive.
Naturally looting has started, CVS pharmacy currently under siege.

Sad day for Baltimore!
I suspect the rioters are coming from Jewish youth groups belonging to several temples that are in a dispute over whether Passover is seven or eight days.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:30 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Paid troll.

No one is this inhumane.
I wish I was paid for this. How many lives are at risk right now? I know that some people think the lives of criminals are more important than the lives of innocent people. I don't agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events